JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
...and then felt like a maroon. :eek:

We had a private party on one side last night and they cleared out kind of late. After they left I helped clean up so the staff could get out faster. When the staff had left I stayed to do the accounting for the night.

As I was in the back counting the money I herd a huge crash come from the bar area on the other side. It sounded like someone had kicked a door in. I went to the video monitors and did not see anything but I knew I had not imagined it. Then I heard it again only not as loud.

I drew my gun and made my way cautiously over to the other side waiting to see if I could hear any movement as i went along. The lights were all out and the place was only lit dimly by the lights from the bar coolers. I checked every room and did not find anything. I even checked all the windows and doors and nothing was open. Then as I started to walk out of the kitchen I heard a huge crashing noise behind me. I whirled around to discover it was our big industrial ice maker dropping loads of ice into an empty bin. They had burned all the old ice that night and I had never heard that huge machine drop ice into an empty bin in a completely quiet bar....and that is how I almost murdered my $3000 ice maker in cold blood. :eek:

As if the stress of running your business wasn't enough.... Glad to hear it all worked out o.k. I like to think most of us have had something (which later turns out to be minor) put us on high alert at least once. Years ago, dead of night, I thought I heard slow, stealthy, irregular footsteps in the dry leaves outside my open window. Grabbed my 38, slipped outside, found nothing...except my neighbor's backyard bug zapper going off now and then. I quietly slunk back into the house and still laugh about it to this day....

When I was attending Jr. College and still living at home, many years ago, I was reading Stephen King's book "Salem's Lot" in bed before going to sleep. I put the book down and turned the lights out to go to sleep.

This was right after reading the part where Danny Glick, having been turned into a vampire, was hanging in mid air outside his little brother's window tapping on it with his fingernails trying to get his brother to let him in.

I'm about half asleep when i hear tapping on my bedroom window. I grabbed my shotgun off of the rack on the wall and pointed it at the window in time to see one of the limbs of the Dogwood tree right outside the window tapping on it because of the wind. :eek: Felt like an idiot.

Last night an ice maker -- tonight a real bad guy!!

The point is yow were prepared for the worst and responded accordingly. Don't let your guard down and relax. Tonight it could be something entirely different.

Hahahahaha that was funny... the start of the thread I mean with the guy and the ice machine..... well better safe then sorry. A few years ago me and my GF got to her parent's house (parents were on vication). We had left to go to the store and so anyways when we came back the front door was about a foot open. It was probably around 6 or 7 and getting a bit dark or starting to......... so it looked weird and I immediately grabbed my taurus .40 and began to do a room to room sweep. Then in a loud voice I said IF ANYONE IS IN HERE YOU NEED TO COME OUT OR YOUR GONNA GET SHOT lol
Now that I look back I don't know if I should have done that or if it was a smart thing to sound off like that hahahahahahahaha but to make a long story short, there was no one in the house and I think that my GF didn't close and lock the door right and it being an older door it probably just popped open due to some windows open or whatever and so it was all good. The best part was that she was really turned on due to me taking charge and looking sexy assuming a tactical stance and clearing the house.......... we then did the forbidden dance;) :yes::s0053:

biggie24420 We all know that hindsight is 20/20, but if something like that happens again, my advice would be to call 911 and back off. You had no idea what you were walking into. Glad it turned out all right, but next time you might want to consider calling the cops and letting them do their job.

I will admit, I've done something similar in the past and later thought "What was I thinking?".

biggie24420 We all know that hindsight is 20/20, but if something like that happens again, my advice would be to call 911 and back off. You had no idea what you were walking into. Glad it turned out all right, but next time you might want to consider calling the cops and letting them do their job.

I will admit, I've done something similar in the past and later thought "What was I thinking?".

well i guess that would be something to keep in mind, thanks for your comment.

The question is, which caliber would penetrate the ice maker the best? :D

9 vs .40 vs .45 vs 10mm vs 120mm? :p

I say a nice 50 cal. hahahahahah :s0112::s0155:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads