JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'd like a Marlin 1894c (.357/.38 lever action rifle) with the following modifications:
- enlarged loop
- 336 style synthetic stock
- barrel and mag tube cut down to 16.25 in
- improved sights, probably a ghost ring rear with tritium front
- all weather finish

What do you think? Do you know where I can get something like this put together for a decent price and/or where I can get the parts to have it done?

The rifle would realistically be primarily for satisfying this itch I have to have a lever-gun in my collection. ;)

Secondarily, I would have it for defensive and general purposes in those places where semi-auto's and other "bad" guns are either a no-go or too much of a legal hassle. I am most interested in this model due to Marlin and the caliber's having very good reputations. I think sacrificing one round of capacity is worth it to make the rifle more compact.

The rifle would realistically be primarily for satisfying this itch I have to have a lever-gun in my collection. ;)

Secondarily, I would have it for defensive and general purposes in those places where semi-auto's and other "bad" guns are either a no-go or too much of a legal hassle. I am most interested in this model due to Marlin and the caliber's having very good reputations. I think sacrificing one round of capacity is worth it to make the rifle more compact.

i cant argue, i would love to add one to my collection as well.

you have to chop off one bullets worth, how much space do you save? i dont know, you tell me.

i think the wood stock makes it that much more classy. thats why my mini-14 still has one. but hey, your dream! do what you want :s0155:

Matt and Joey, I'll pass the hat at the next meet-up so that I can get started on the project!:p
Or folks could buy and/or trade for the stuff I listed here... Please?!

Knocking off a bullet should get me an extra inch and a half or maybe 2. Combined with a better stock, I should be able to knock off as much as 4 inches. I am not a fan of wood on guns. It certainly looks nice enough but guns to me are just tools and not something I want to worry about keeping pretty, etc. :)

Here's a Marlin with a similar length barrel: <broken link removed>

i still beat the snot out of my mini, its my coyote gun even, just look better with a wood stock.

DSC04952.jpg

You want to build a cool trapper. Great idea! Contact Wild West Guns in Anchorage AK or Brockman's in Idaho. There are a zillion levergun masters out there. We just have to find you the right one. I have a couple good articles and threads about doing this work yourself if you want or we can find you a guy to do it. I was thiniing of takling the job myself. I have 1894s in both .357 and .44

I have Marlinitis bad. Here's my 1895. That's a WWG loop. The Elk's not mine.

I have a 94c in .357 which is a fun little shooter with the one ragged hole sight. They seemed to have jumped a little in price as of late.... dont know if it was the cowboy shooting or what. Why not do one in 30-30 and start with one that has a short mag tube? Those 336s are generally a little cheaper. . .

My buddy and I are going to e doing a similar project starting with a Sears Ted Williams 100. Add a forward mounted Burris 2.75 scout scope, synthetic furniture, Ghost rings and parkerize or duaracoat.. should be a black tail/bear slayer!

Don't know if it meets you "$$$" critera or not but check out www.wildwestguns.com out of Anchorage AK. I don't know the owner personally but the last two times I've taught a class in Anchorage I stopped in and I'm impressed.

His speciality is exactly what you're looking for...many articles written up about his business and his mods to the Marlin lever guns. Enjoy.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top