JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I use the GSG 110 rd drums & haven't had an issue. Like the orig Henfys I can load on sunday & shoot all week. I paid $39 on sale but I doubt any sales soon. Good Luck!

There is one magazine I continue to have an issue with. Somewhere it still binds.
I've tried all sorts of things and the last go-round from my most recent post here it was tried this weekend to no luck.

Sounds like a good candidate for landfill material.

Keep them clean and lubed.

Like a gunked up 22 in general, 22 mags don't work dirty.

Ive got 20-30 BX 25 mags. All work as advertised. 9-10 of them I got second hand off a member here that was having issues with them. Took them apart, cleaned and lubed them. Function flawless for me.

There are tricks you can perform using a spent 22 case, it works to aid in function.

HoWeber, bolts from earlier 10/22s can simply hate the BX25s. YMMV.

Late to this thread but what the heck ...

I have had ZERO luck with the BX-25s. Bought a 2-pack along with a rifle for my son. Shooting the next day they totally jammed with his and 4 other 10/22s.

Took them back to the store and they were kind enough to swap them rather than have me go through Ruger. New set of mags ... same problem.

So I sleeved them, reprofiled the feed ramp, lubed with silicone, shimmed them, all to no avail. So Ruger replaced them.

Went through this cycle two other times and finally gave up and tossed them in a drawer. Ruger was great with all the exchanges but the magazines just flat out fail.

This is such a surprise since everything else I have from Ruger (which is a lot) is top shelf, that included scads of their 10-round BX-1s.

I fixed all my bx25s using the 22 short trick. I didn't have any 22 short so I cut down a 22 shell and sanded the burrs down..open the mag up and clean it up and lube it and place brass casing into the red rubber circle to sturdy it up. I haven't had an issue since.

I have used a piece or two of black duct tape around the back of the BX feed box, in effect shimming the fitment hump to lock the mag in place. It's been my experience mags that wiggle have a lot have misfeeds. Take for example the factory 10rd mag. No wobble, locked in tight. That's because if you take calipers to it, it's longer than the aftermarket mags in front to back dimension. I've used Ramline, Butler Creek, Hotlips, and BX. The BX is the best of that bunch. There are some pricier mags out there I haven't tried.

I had problems with the bx25 mags. After some detailed investigation, I determined they were rim locking in the stack. Shorter OAL rounds can stack incorrectly and jam in the mag. The top round would be nose down. CCI mini mag hollow points were too short and jamming. Cheap round nose were longer and would not jam.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top