JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Seems like I've always struggled with aftermarket 25 rnd 10/22 mags. And these RUGER magazines really frustrate me considering they are from Ruger and what they cost. I know there are fixes on the net but anyone here on NWFA got this figured out? Any more I just use the reliable 10 rounders.

20200410_121026.jpg

These are the answer to all challenges with 10/22 magazines over 10 rounds. Whether you find them in this disturbing climate is a different issue.

Care to elaborate on what is not working with the BX magazines?

20200411_201400471_iOS.jpg

Thanks
I get one shot, then the next round will not advance past the lips into the chamber. The picture I posted show a round jambed up to the front of the opening .... yes I have tried different types of ammo.
My rifle is about 5 years old...50th anniv model.

Thanks
I get one shot, then the next round will not advance past the lips into the chamber. The picture I posted show a round jambed up to the front of the opening .... yes I have tried different types of ammo.
My rifle is about 5 years old...50th anniv model.
Thanks! I see dents too, feel free to bring it (any of them) by and I can help with adjustments.

These are the answer to all challenges with 10/22 magazines over 10 rounds. Whether you find them in this disturbing climate is a different issue.

Care to elaborate on what is not working with the BX magazines?

View attachment 682495
Do their polymer ones work as well as the aluminum? I've been keeping an eye open for a machined one for awhile. Meanwhile I picked up one of these ( Products :: High Capacity Magazines ) - but haven't had it out yet to try.

I sleeved the follower bushing on my 25 rd ruger mags with aluminum tape and now they work great, mine where older one the new ones maybe good to go.

From what I have heard the newer 25rd mags don't like older rifles. Sometimes it's just the follower slop.

I've tried that on some of my magazines to no avail.
I also get issues with anything over 20 rounds in the 25'ers. The rounds don't pop up when called upon.

Also need to lightly lube up the springs on these things, kinda like a tape measure when it gets dirty need to clean it and lube it to get it to retract proper. This is why the better ones come apart for cleaning/ lube, a nice dry silicone type lube works wonders and all the grit that cheap ammo like thundercrap puts off wont stick so much. The old Butler creeks I use to use CRC electroclean to wash out and after clean and dry just fog with silicone. I always ran CCI Mini Mags never had issues with any of the 25rders even the Eagle ones that everyone complained about years ago, maybe I'm just lucky.

Seems like I've always struggled with aftermarket 25 rnd 10/22 mags. And these RUGER magazines really frustrate me considering they are from Ruger and what they cost. I know there are fixes on the net but anyone here on NWFA got this figured out? Any more I just use the reliable 10 rounders.

View attachment 682446

Well look there. Your bullet has a dent in it! And who needs more than 10 rounds anyway? :s0030: :s0030:

Sorry, couldn't help it. Weird times and all......

Also need to lightly lube up the springs on these things, kinda like a tape measure when it gets dirty need to clean it and lube it to get it to retract proper. This is why the better ones come apart for cleaning/ lube, a nice dry silicone type lube works wonders and all the grit that cheap ammo like thundercrap puts off wont stick so much. The old Butler creeks I use to use CRC electroclean to wash out and after clean and dry just fog with silicone. I always ran CCI Mini Mags never had issues with any of the 25rders even the Eagle ones that everyone complained about years ago, maybe I'm just lucky.
Aye.
I remember the ones when I was young, they were flawless. Some of these that I have were crap when bought new. I did clean them and inspect tonight. I'll see how they roll next time out. Normally run CCI standards.

Never had a problem with my 25 round Ruger magazines. Heard some people complain and saw a suggestion to cut down a 22lr case to use as a brass bushing. Turns out a spent 22 short case works perfectly with no trimming. Fits right over the plastic nub that the spring rides on. I did it to a number of my magazines and I continue to not have problems in my 10/22 or RAR.

Good luck!

From what I have heard the newer 25rd mags don't like older rifles. Sometimes it's just the follower slop.

That was an interesting idea. Will have to try it. I have a bunch of old Steel Lips from pre ban days and some of the Ruger BX. On all of them I clean them using synthetic safe cleaner and when they are dry squirt a little of that dry graphite lube for locks. They work FAR better until they start to gunk up. The gunk seems to be something all .22 ammo leaves behind.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top