JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
OK<I'm gonna ask what is maybe a dumb question; what constitutes a "high end" gun? I'm sure price is the major indicator, so what's the bottom dollar for pistol to be considered high end?
I have no 1911's, the highest end guns I have are Sigs and HK's...and I don't believe those meet the threshold....unless SOME Sig 1911's do....

OK<I'm gonna ask what is maybe a dumb question; what constitutes a "high end" gun? I'm sure price is the major indicator, so what's the bottom dollar for pistol to be considered high end?
I have no 1911's, the highest end guns I have are Sigs and HK's...and I don't believe those meet the threshold....unless SOME Sig 1911's do....

An HK Mk23 SOCOM is pretty high end to me.....plus, its not designed to be a safe queen.

I think that Jammer Six gets his jollies "pissing in the cheerios". He did say something the other day that agreed with, though. Most other times he's just sour. Don't sweat it.

I have a Dan Wesson that may be considered "higher end" to some folks. I know that to me it's a tool. One that I would stake my life on. It's not as pretty as it used to be after being carried daily for a 3-4 years.

Personally, I'd love to have an Ed Brown...

I think that Jammer Six gets his jollies "pissing in the cheerios". He did say something the other day that agreed with, though. Most other times he's just sour. Don't sweat it....

I don't know anything about that. I couldn't care less to anything he has to say so much that he is one of the very few on my "ignore list".

I can't disassemble/reassemble my flagship Dan Wesson 1911 without saying naughty words! Makes me not even want to shoot it. :smash:

Really? I used an allen wrench for the grip screws and a screwdriver for the mag release, other than that, this pic shows what I did using only other parts from the gun. I took this pic after I had reinstalled the trigger, sear and disconnector.

Dan Wesson CBOB. What part gives you fits with your Wesson?

parts_zps2f859a47.jpg parts_zps2f859a47.jpg

Go to slotted grip screws and can all be done using just gun. Sear spring makes a handy flat head tool :) JMB really was a genius!

Really? I used an allen wrench for the grip screws and a screwdriver for the mag release, other than that, this pic shows what I did using only other parts from the gun. I took this pic after I had reinstalled the trigger, sear and disconnector.

Dan Wesson CBOB. What part gives you fits with your Wesson?

parts_zps2f859a47.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
No.

Les Baers are known for being too tight. They're proud of it, and it's why they won't run as long as a milspec.

If you gave me a brand new Les Baer, I'd sell it and buy a milspec.

Where did you come by this wealth of information that nobody else has heard of?
A source would be very informative other then me and a friend.

Is it because they use cheap parts?

I guess they are staying in business as long as they are because people have to keep
replacing their guns.

one draw back to high end pistols is they dont work any better than a standard glock and thats the truth a glock just goes bang every time for 500.00 you can through it down jump on it stick it in the sand and piss on it and it goes bang try that with your custom 15 18 22 hundred dollar gun she might be ugly but she is faithful and dependable and has my back i think im in love ......kenny

Baer's are known for being too tight. Its no secret or mystery.

An improperly built "tight" 1911 may have issues. Having a smith who actually knows how to build a hard use gun amd understands the platform they're working on is the biggie. Look at a SACS Pro or guns turned out by Rogers etc.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top