JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
You need a maddafakkin bushing wrench to strip em'!

Jokes aside, I did give myself a nice Xmas present in the shape of a Les Baer.
And it sure is schweet!

Had a SIG 1911 before, which was the gateway drug into the 1911's. So it wasn't the cheapest of the cheap to start with (way better than a Kimber that costs 4-500 bucks more (that one will get me some HOT responces!)) but also not the 'semi custom' greatness.
Since I'm fortunate enough to have set myself up for a 'low expense' living (so I can have fun toys like guns, musclecars and motorcycles) I decided it was time for the top tier of handguns.
And nobody makes them better than Mr Baer!

Drawback #2: no I can never again blame the gun for my poor ability!

No.

Les Baers are known for being too tight. They're proud of it, and it's why they won't run as long as a milspec.

If you gave me a brand new Les Baer, I'd sell it and buy a milspec.

Good for you. I already have several guns that will never be worn out in my lifetime. I just wanted the best, most accurate one I could get.

No.

Les Baers are known for being too tight. They're proud of it, and it's why they won't run as long as a milspec.

Man, you really know how to pee in a guys cheerios......LOL

I'm going to own a Les Baer someday. But for now I'll have to get by with my two Ed Browns and three Colts.

Like other stuff in life that are "high end" I believe you do reach a point of diminishing returns. Several people have who shot them said they prefer my Colt Rail Gun to my Ed Brown Kobra. To be fair though, the Rail Gun obviously weighs a little more, has had a trigger job done, and has a national match barrel. However, my wife decided my Kobra Carry was hers the first time she shot it. She "allows" it to be my daily carry, but I don't really have a preference. They are like my kids. I don't really have a favorite and they all get shot.

OH, and, this thread is worthless without pictures!

Good ones, not those little tiny blurry ones.

Sorry the color is wrong, but does this suffice?

IMG_7741a_zps27b8cc48.jpg

;)

Oh and this doesn't let the OP off the hook. We want pics!!! :s0155:

Last edited by a moderator:
Sweet pistols BAMCIS....I really like the grips.

High end guns...hmm....

It depends. I know some guys that treat their high end guns as tools and others that treat them like Barbie Dolls. Guns are like trucks to me, and nothing drives me more insane than seeing a 1 Ton Dodge Cummins 4X4 with low profile tires and bling bling chrome wheels, shocks and bumpers.

No.

I Have had the pleasure of high end 1911s " Wilson combats, Dan Wesson and old Colts, accurate no MIM parts and none of them have ever failed to function from the first shot to present. There is much misconception learned from the internet read opinions and low quality brands and modification botch jobs.

Safari arms true left handed 1911. One of about 40 made. # 007, left eject, left twist barrel and left mags. Made about 1985.

I was making an attempt at a joke in asking which way the bullet turns when it leaves the barrel. Although it was a poor attempt. :s0114:

You would have really had us going if you posted a mirror image of the pic! :confused: :s0114:

Yep left twist barrel… Mags go for about $100 which I had four of. Funny thing was is that I've shot so many right handed 1911's that this one felt weird to operate. I'm a lefty and never did get use it. Figured I would just save it and put it away for later resale. Well I put it on armslist for $3000 and thought if someone wants it for that price they could have it. Never expected a reply from some guy on the east coast who bought it with very few questions at my asking price.

Here's a couple more pics.

IMG_1747.jpg

IMG_1757.jpg

My opinions don't come from the internet.

I can't think of a worse source for opinion or information.

I'm pretty pizzy too, it is "The Season" after all. Did you get some sleep?

Yep left twist barrel… Mags go for about $100 which I had four of. Funny thing was is that I've shot so many right handed 1911's that this one felt weird to operate. I'm a lefty and never did get use it. Figured I would just save it and put it away for later resale. Well I put it on armslist for $3000 and thought if someone wants it for that price they could have it. Never expected a reply from some guy on the east coast who bought it with very few questions at my asking price.

Here's a couple more pics.

That's way cool. I guess I'm dickslexik (figure if I'm going to misspell I'm doing it to the nth!) I didn't even notice the port, slide release, mag release....HAAAA!
Time for dinner!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads