JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Not bashing too bad as it must be fun for them for some reason, but whats up with all the retards "bump" firing their AK's and such on You Tube. Is this supposed to be cool or something? Seriously, was looking at Draco vids and 2 out of 3 where bump firing vids. WTF? Also I did not see one, and I mean one person using the magazine as a foregrip??? I have never been in the military, but it did not take me too long to figure out on a compact magazine fed, that by gripping the magazine to me is even preferable to using a foregrip like I have but do not use on my Ruger 10/22. Anyway just what I noticed wondered if there were others like me out there, or am I all alone out here??? :huh:

Ok I bought a Draco pistol a week ago or so and have started to make some mods. No I not making it into an SBR for so many reasons 1. 200 dollar tax stamp 2. it would no longer be a pistol which means I wouldn't be able to keep it loaded in trunk or in car somewhere (which by the way I am still wondering if its legal as I am a CCW 3. I have a Yugo M70AB2 which I think fulfills any gains short of 4" overall length of the barrel and its done allready.

That being said the mods that are needed are quite a few to make this an effective and still legal pistol imo. First off the fireballs that come out of the barrel (because of unburnt powder from short barrel) are huge and concussion is uncomfortable. So first thing I did was ordered a slant muzzle break. No its not a flash hider, but its cheap and does reduce muzzle flip and reduces flame quite a bit, and only adds a little under an inch over all length which is why I didn't go with a "Krink" style its over 3" and imo defeats once again having a "compact" package. They used a Krink style muzzle break on the original Krink yes, but keep in mind from what I understand the barrel started out at 9".

2. I made a single point sling mount out of an 1/8 thick piece of aluminum thats attached to the pistol grip trunion. No holes to drill and sleek light and rust resistant.

3. I am purchasing Hogue AK grips for both of my AK's after I handled one on my friends. Wow what a difference a nice grip can make, can't wait to see how huge a difference it makes on both these weapons.

4. I think the most important, sights, I am getting rear adjustable for windage sights as soon as they have them back in stock for both AK's and of course open up the rear slot a bit as alot of AK guys do, and I put a night sight front sight post.

5. I "notched" safety lever to allow for bolt being held open, next best thing to bolt hold open feature, tempted to this mod on my yugo now that I like it so much.

Other little things planning, I am going to cutoff the front sling mount as it will never be needed and will just snag on things, and am going to cut off about 3/8 of an inch off the charging handle once again just to make it a slicker weapon. Also it needs an extended mag release lever as the one supplied is about a half inch too short. And last but not least a new paint job. Not sure what brand since have never tried painting a gun yet, but when I do I'll ask I guess. After these mods these thing will have its place and will be effective compact, and accurate enough for under 100 meter plinking, and defense situations, without all the SBR b.s. involved. Total cost estimate for pistol out the door under $500. Not too bad!

Pics coming as mods completed. Thanks!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads