JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So my kid had a DR appt. yesterday and during our chats as usual while going thru the safety/ poison section of his appt. He said it is best to have no guns in the house.

:s0131:

Not the first time he said this so I blow it off, He asked if we had guns and I said yes, do you?

He said NO, so I told him I would let him borrow one of mine :s0114:

he told me his father left him a bunch of rifles and he didn't know what to do with them and gave them away.

He then again stated I should get rid of all my guns, safer for the baby.

I guess that is only true until someone breaks in.

Sounds like time to get a new doctor.

When you do, do remember to drop your current one a note explaining that you can lo longer trust your family's and your health to someone who has an irrational fear of inanimate objects.

Just make sure they in a place where the baby can not get to them, and all will be fine. I think it's a standard safety question.

If the Dr. is good for your child, then I would stay with him.

My son's doctor told me the same things, but her reasoning had nothing to do with the guns themselves, but the lead in the bullets. I still think it's BS that a doctor thinks they can tell you what you should and should not keep in your home and we still choose that we are perfectly safe with our firearms and don't listen to her. Would that be any part of your doctor's opinion?
And if it really is just him trying to force his anti-gun opinions, that's pretty messed up! :(

We're all human from the start.........me thinks we all tend to do things like this now and then........meaning pushing some of our views on others.

I have a thick skin, I wouldn't read too much into it.
Tell him politely your answer, and move on with life.

HA HA I laughed it off, the only problem was the lady of the house thinking it might be a good idea...

Long story short I get a new safe for upstairs :s0155:

I have no problem with people being Anti-Gun.. Just don't try and take away the rights of others. Or advising people guns are bad from a position of authority.

I don't like onions, but I am not trying to ban onion rings....

Not the Doctors views, the AMA's

<broken link removed>

I calmly pointed out that the death rate of accidental firearms death was about .3, but that the *official* death rate due to medical error was 3x as high at .9 per 100,000 of all deaths.

So in fact, my child was at three times the risk of death sitting in her office then at my house even IF I had a gun.

<broken link removed>

And if you consider that there are 1.5 million doctors in the U.S., and over 200 million privately owned firearms in the U.S. it looks like, if my turkey addled brain has done the math correctly, that any one particular doctor is over 133 times more likely to kill someone by accident then any one particular gun.

AND IF THAT ISN"T BAD ENOUGH DOC! It is widely recognized that hospitals tend to *misstate* causes of death as to avoid malpractice suits, and until Feb of 2008 even CHARGED patients for cost associated with their mistakes!

Physician, heal thy freak'in self!

Doctors
http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview/id/592995.html

Guns
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_many_guns_are_in_the_united_states_of_America

Are these the ral numbers on death caused by doctors?
http://www.naturodoc.com/library/public_health/doctors_cause_death.htm

Charges
<broken link removed>

stay with your kids at the doctors they all ask young kids questuions about guns and a lot of other things that have nothing to do with the kids condition. Seems to be the lastest thing.

Yeah, just be careful about HOW they are asking these questions. Is it related in any way to why you are at the appointment in the first place or is the doc just some lib "taking notes" to deliver to the "authorities" for later use when little Johnny skins his knee and they "need" to come visit your house to make sure it is safe... for the children you know.

Sadly, these busybodies will be even more bold in the next few years... :s0131:

I grew up in a house in which every gun was loaded and from an early age knew where they were. It was also drilled in my head that I was not to touch one under any circumstances and I never did and neither did my sister. I also had my own gun and ammunition since I was 12 years old. If children are taught at an early age not to do something and it is backed up with punishment for transgressions there are very few problems. I raised my two children with guns in the house and have had no problems with then and my guns, they are now 21 and 22. They both still live with me and my wife. My son has my .22 rifle that is now in it's 4th generation in the family and two rifles that belonged to my wife's father. I feel it is a matter of the way you are raised.

Me too, my dad gave me a Remington Nylon 66 .22LR rifle when I was 12. As kids we were out shooting at trees and cans with 12-Gauges and .30-06's before we were 10.

We were taught gun safety and respect for what they can do and it's stayed with us our whole lives.

I have known a couple so-called conservatives like this Doctor who have similar income levels and share his views about gun ownership. The stereotype is not really accurate. Might even be a few "liberals" shooting at the range right next to you or serving the country in the Sandbox.:s0131:. Why toss them in the same boat as this guy and ailienate them? That's all I have to say about that. :s0155: We need all the friends we can get in this thing.

I have known a couple so-called conservatives like this Doctor who have similar income levels and share his views about gun ownership. The stereotype is not really accurate. Might even be a few "liberals" shooting at the range right next to you or serving the country in the Sandbox.:s0131:. Why toss them in the same boat as this guy and ailienate them? That's all I have to say about that. :s0155: We need all the friends we can get in this thing.

Good point. This is a second amendment website, not a conservative website. I don't care if Hillary Clinton started posting on here in support of the 2nd amendment, we'd still welcome her :s0155:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top