JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I had decided I wanted a DPMS SASS .308 rifle and started calling gun shops here in the Portland area. No luck anywhere and they almost laughed at me when I called Keiths. Apparently there is about a six month wait on them. I even called several large DPMS dealers from other states and no one had any in stock and said they they were usually sold the day they got in.

Happened to be cruising another forum a week or so ago and lo and behold a guy had one for sale in TX. I saw the post 10 min. after he put it up and said I'll take it. Apparently he had a whole bunch of other people asking to be next in line right after my reply.

He had only put 200 rds thru it using DPMS recommended break in procedure. It was package deal with the rifle, a Leupole Mark 4 lrt 4.5-14 50mm scope with ill. TMR reticle on a DPMS riser, a Tango Down VFG, eight mags and a UTG rifle case. He also threw in a couple of boxes on WWB .308 all for $2,800.00. Considering the rifle new lists for $2,199.00 and the scope goes for $13-1400.00 plus all the other goodies, I didn't think it a bad deal.

Dealing with the FFL in TX was another story, but I won't belabor that here.

Will post pics when I get it in.

Ooooo nice! If i was going to get a newer AR, it'd be a DPMS...Nice rifle! Got pics?

Checking UPS tracking, it should show up at my FFL tomorrow! I'll post pics and If I can get out to the range this weekend will post a range report. I have several different types of factory ammo to try to see what it likes, but my next step is to get back into reloading to get the best potential out of it and my other rifles and handguns.

I'm all set up for shotshell, but haven't reloaded metallic for years and need to get back into that groove.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top