JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello,
I am thinking of picking up an Oracle from DPMS in 5.56. This is a flat top, no sights so I can mount any optics, and has a 1:9 twist barrel. I plan to put a decent scope and a bipod on this, and use it as an intermediate range shooter (200-400 meters).

Can anyone share opinions or experiences with this rifle before I buy one?
Thanks!
Chris

A friend bought one and loves it...except for the trigger. He solved that by putting an aftermarket trigger on it.
Accuracy with 55 grain at 100 yds was good.

Haven't shot this particular rifle but my DPMS LR308 has a horrible trigger as well. It is the most gritty trigger I've ever felt on any rifle. Even my POS Rem 770 has a better trigger than this rifle IMHO. Only thing I'm going to change out of the DPMS is the trigger.

DPMS is ok for a wknd shooter. It is fairly cheap and not to be considered top of the line. This rifle will serve 99% of people just fine though. I have fired several and they seem to be good rifles. I would go with CMMG in place of DPMS. They are about the same price and CMMG imho is a better rifle.

FWIW.....I have shot my AR with 55gr hand loads out to 600 yrds. I held a 5 inch group. They do tend to drift in the wind though.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top