JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello I am going to sell my LR308 ( which I will surely regret later) however I'm not completely sure of the value. I believe it is an LR308B with upgraded stock and lighter barrel. Any help on value or model id would be appreciated.

DPMS makes nice rifles.

Looks like MSRP is $1189, perhaps take a look at the national sites and see what similar rifles have sold for within the past 2 or 3 months?

The market is pretty stagnant though, so unless you've markedly upgraded (trigger etc), then expect to take a loss. How much loss, will depend upon how quick of a sale you would like.

We had a lite hunter (carbon fiber guard) which saw minimal use, ended up trading it off at a loss towards something else of more interest.

GL!

Looks like a DPMS GII Hunter. The 'upgraded parts' really mean practically nothing. Not many are willing to pay more for upgrades. IMO you can't count on adding even 50% of what the parts cost. A quick search shows the DPMSGII Hunters have gone for a bit over $1100 new recently. If you want it to sell I'd list it for 80% of that and see what happens. You have to make a used sale worthwhile for someone or they might as well buy new. Especially since they will be paying a transfer fee.
Also no one wants to pay extra for a scope so might as well pull it off and use it on something else or sell it separately.

I would take tat serial number and call DPMS and ask the what the original rifle was. Where did you get it? Without taking the handguard off I don't imagine you'll have much luck identifying the barrel. Even then it may not have much on it as far as markings.

I haven't seen SR25/LR308/AR10s (whatever you feel like calling them) selling all that well in at least the last year. It may help to offer to let someone test fire it at the range. I personally like to build my own and unless you were selling that at half price I personally would have zero interest. Especially seeing as you can't ID what it is nor the parts in it/on it.

And don't take this too harshly I could be completely wrong. You could list it for more than $1200 without the scope and have 3 guys wanting to take it off your hands within hours. Never know until you try. Good luck with it.

I think DPMS ar10s are a hard sell. They are seen as the same quality as PSA and twice the cost. I would be willing to bet you would have to wait some time to sell it if you posted it for $900. At $700 it might sell faster.

DPMS makes nice rifles.

Looks like MSRP is $1189, perhaps take a look at the national sites and see what similar rifles have sold for within the past 2 or 3 months?

The market is pretty stagnant though, so unless you've markedly upgraded (trigger etc), then expect to take a loss. How much loss, will depend upon how quick of a sale you would like.

We had a lite hunter (carbon fiber guard) which saw minimal use, ended up trading it off at a loss towards something else of more interest.

GL!

Thank you. I was thinking the MSRP was around 1200 as well. It isn't upgraded but would cone with the scope and I believe over 500rnds.(have to count).

Looks like a DPMS GII Hunter. The 'upgraded parts' really mean practically nothing. Not many are willing to pay more for upgrades. IMO you can't count on adding even 50% of what the parts cost. A quick search shows the DPMSGII Hunters have gone for a bit over $1100 new recently. If you want it to sell I'd list it for 80% of that and see what happens. You have to make a used sale worthwhile for someone or they might as well buy new. Especially since they will be paying a transfer fee.
Also no one wants to pay extra for a scope so might as well pull it off and use it on something else or sell it separately.

I would take tat serial number and call DPMS and ask the what the original rifle was. Where did you get it? Without taking the handguard off I don't imagine you'll have much luck identifying the barrel. Even then it may not have much on it as far as markings.

I haven't seen SR25/LR308/AR10s (whatever you feel like calling them) selling all that well in at least the last year. It may help to offer to let someone test fire it at the range. I personally like to build my own and unless you were selling that at half price I personally would have zero interest. Especially seeing as you can't ID what it is nor the parts in it/on it.

And don't take this too harshly I could be completely wrong. You could list it for more than $1200 without the scope and have 3 guys wanting to take it off your hands within hours. Never know until you try. Good luck with it.

I here what you are saying. I got it from my uncle who at the time had more rifles then you could count on hand and get so he doesn't know anymore either haha. I do like the scope and for being lesser value scope I will probably due what you are recommending and just take it off.

I think DPMS ar10s are a hard sell. They are seen as the same quality as PSA and twice the cost. I would be willing to bet you would have to wait some time to sell it if you posted it for $900. At $700 it might sell faster.

I was thinking $900 as well. Honestly I'm fine with a slow sale. I love this gun and don't really want to get rid of it but I need money and can't bring my self to choose any of my others.

Looks like a standard LR308 with an upgraded buttstock, rather than the Mil A2 style.
Does it have a dust cover on the eject port? If not, LR308T. I'm no help as to what it's worth.
They shoot and run well as long as you keep them oiled.

Looks like a standard LR308 with an upgraded buttstock, rather than the Mil A2 style.
Does it have a dust cover on the eject port? If not, LR308T. I'm no help as to what it's worth.
They shoot and run well as long as you keep them oiled.
It does not have a cover is just an open ejection put. Does anyone know anything about LR308T?

It does not have a cover is just an open ejection put. Does anyone know anything about LR308T?
Others, perhaps. I have one (well, technically I gave it to my daughter for her graduation, but it sits in my safe.)
They are great guns, simple, and they run. Nothing sexy or premium about them.
Put it up for what you want, then adjust accordingly.

Others, perhaps. I have one (well, technically I gave it to my daughter for her graduation, but it sits in my safe.)
They are great guns, simple, and they run. Nothing sexy or premium about them.
Put it up for what you want, then adjust accordingly.
They aren't the most attractive. I love this gun though. Was having a huge struggle between selling this and my dpms ar15. I feel like around 900 is probably fair. Thanks for the help.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top