JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I used to see several of those scooters when I would go to the range. Had a deal with several of them parked. I have not seen them in a while so have to guess they ended up being done like this. I never paid attention to how they worked. I have to guess there was no way to know who was taking one? So people made a game of it? Sounds like some really stupid idea someone came up with. People who need them to get around? Well I guess they can buy one. If they own it I suspect it would get much better care.

Saw this on the news last night. I laughed out loud! "The deputies had to quit early because they needed a bigger boat". HAHAHAHA

How many of these inconsiderate snowflakes on these things ripping in and out through people and traffic with no care to laws! My guess is that people got fed up with them parked in front of their business doors, loading areas, etc. and decided to help "move them out of their way".

:s0140:

My guess is that its usually by people who don't wanna keep paying for the use of them, so they toss them in the river... :rolleyes: Seeing as most of these look like rental bikes/scooters where you gotta pay per hour or per day :confused:

EDIT: or by people who tried to use them, found they're E-locked, toss them into river because they're basically useless without paying :rolleyes:o_O; or for some, the Ride app doesn't stop, so they toss them in hopes to turn off the charging rates so they don't get charged

I've talked to people who recover these. Apparently the reward for retrieving a scooter that has been lost for some time goes up exponentially. A single scooter stored out of the way can be worth several hundred dollars after a few weeks.
I found this out by talking to a guy who found one in the river, where nobody else could get it.

I've talked to people who recover these. Apparently the reward for retrieving a scooter that has been lost for some time goes up exponentially. A single scooter stored out of the way can be worth several hundred dollars after a few weeks.
I found this out by talking to a guy who found one in the river, where nobody else could get it.

Now that sounds like it may be an interesting way for some to make a few extra bucks. It seems like they could put some kind of GPS tracker on them?

Now that sounds like it may be an interesting way for some to make a few extra bucks. It seems like they could put some kind of GPS tracker on them?
They do, but it's possible that they are not water resistant to a certain depth or current would push them to a place only a diver could get to them.
Why waste the Sheriff's money rounding them up? Let the damn scooter companies recover their own crap.:confused:
They actually have a commission system for retrieval, but like I said above they can't always get to them.
The system works a lot like the online grocery shoppers and delivery system. People get paid per item, and for being on time.

BTW the guy also told me that a lot of these lost scooters had been tampered with, so I don't doubt that some of these scooters are failed theft attempts thrown into the river out of frustration. Others just like to wreak havoc on whatever they can access.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top