JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey going downtown portland with the family tonight and I am gonna carry iwb any laws I may need to know. I'm pretty new to this and want to make sure when my whole family is with me who isnt 100 % for my chl nothing bad happens in regard to laws. Nothing weird about magazine away from gun or something weird us newer people may not know? thanks for any help.

As far as I know, as long as it's well-concealed, you're good to go and the same rules apply there as anywhere else. Open carry is what will give you issues in Portland.

el gringo is right,

Oregon has a pre-emption statute. It does not allow localities to restrict the concealed laws. Open carry they can constrict, Portland and Beaverton do for sure.

Depending on where you are going. If you know the place and they don't have the sign on the door (no firearms). I live in WA and once recall going to dinner with friends and seeing the (no firearms sign). I played it off saying I forgot my wallet in the car, put my gun in the glove box and had a good time. While I was carrying consealed and licensed to do so, I'm not going to lose that right by carrying where it isn't accepted. Igt was the last time I ate at that place.

A business has the right to put up a sign asking that patrons not carry a firearms into their business. However, the only legal teeth that this has is allowing them to ask you to leave. As long as you leave if you are caught carrying, you should be in the clear. Washington is a bit more screwy. Apparently, you cannot carry anywhere where patrons under the age of 21 (or it may be 18, not sure) are prohibited from frequenting (i.e. bars, liquor stores I guess)...

I think if I were a WA CCW holder, I would be working on changing that latter part.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top