JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
For me that is a plus. I turn off my lights just the same. No kids on my private road that would be trick or treating.

get-off-my-lawn.jpg

We live on dead end with other houses which are far apart which I love. Downside is not trick or treaters. Only 2 so far.

We live in a large place of house after house. We always enjoyed this. Sadly it has declined greatly every year. NEVER see any kids without the parent standing there. Later there will be some older kids on their own. Everyone is scared now. When I was a kid we spent days working on our get ups and could not wait for sun to go down. Hordes of us out there begging for candy. Perverts and creeps have ruined this for the kids and adults both.

We live in a large place of house after house. We always enjoyed this. Sadly it has declined greatly every year. NEVER see any kids without the parent standing there. Later there will be some older kids on their own. Everyone is scared now. When I was a kid we spent days working on our get ups and could not wait for sun to go down. Hordes of us out there begging for candy. Perverts and creeps have ruined this for the kids and adults both.

Agreed. They've taken away the innocence of childhood. So sad.

So far 3 kids, with a parent of course. Have to get ready for work and Wife is in class. Told her I'm going to set a bowl of candy out side next to the pumpkin. She said someone will take it all. If they do they do. Not like I need to eat all the damn left overs. :)

We're way to far off the beaten path on rural acreage to have any visitors either. In at least two small towns next to us, they have a bunch of things for the kiddos to do while safely Trick 'R Treating. The Mrs and the two potato-heads went to one for a spell.

I will admit, when I lived in Hillsboro (near Tanasborne) in a nice middle class neighborhood for a year before I moved out to the boonies, I had one Halloween there and it was nice to see all the little kids out and around. I ran out of candy. I got a kick out of it.

That said, being an introvert (Aspergers), antisocial and shy, I prefer not to have unannounced visitors - especially strangers. When I was a kid, even on the farm we would have a few trick or treaters. Not so anymore.

Boy I used to love running from house to house filling up my pillow case. A long time ago and sad to see how times have changed.

I remember the baked goods and popcorn balls today you would be nuts to eat one. We knew our neighbors and they knew us. Those days are gone.

Right there with you L84Cabo.
I grew up in the suburbs of what is now Silicon Valley, but have lived on rural acreage for 30 years now (can it REALLY be that long??). We did rent in West Salem for 1 year in 2013 when we first moved to Oregon. We jumped out of our skins every time someone knocked on the front door:eek:

I wouldn't trade our privacy for one night of "Trick or Treaters".

Have to say I was impressed. When I had to start getting ready for work I put a bowel of candy out. Few groups of kids came. I could see them on camera all taking a couple pieces and running off to the next house. Nice.

I don't think I'd take candy out of a bowel. Those kids a way braver than me

I don't think I'd take candy out of a bowel. Those kids a way braver than me

My Macaw is in the window yelling at them along with both dogs. I did see one small kid look at the bird and start to run back to the parent. I was dressed enough by then to open the door and tell them. Getting ready for work, take a few candies. They ran back and grabbed some pointing at the bird wide eyed. :)
The Macaw and the kids seem to be enjoying this.

My Macaw is in the window yelling at them along with both dogs. I did see one small kid look at the bird and start to run back to the parent. I was dressed enough by then to open the door and tell them. Getting ready for work, take a few candies. They ran back and grabbed some pointing at the bird wide eyed. :)
The Macaw and the kids seem to be enjoying this.

I have to say I was very impressed by the kids and their manners. The costumes also get better every year and many of them are home brew. By far the most popular for the girls was Harley Quinn and for the boys it was split between scary and hero types. We also had a fair amount of parents that dressed up as well.

We live pretty rural, We haven't seen a Trick or Treater in 20 years. But the closest church has a Trunk Or Treat where you decorate the back of your car and give out candy there! We mostly go there. I like seeing the kids, and I don't have to clean up after them after! DR

We live out in the rural area and have not had a trick or treater in 30 years, except the grandkids a few years back. My Lodge passes out apples for the downtown event and we got to see over 700 kids come by. Halloween is the only time nice women can dress like a slut and get away with it. One thing tonight though was grown adult men (mostly millennials) dressing in minion costumes. I felt like stopping them and demanding an immediate confiscation of their man card, if they even possessed one.

My Central Oregon grandkids did the downtown Redmond thing tonight and sent us a picture of the candy haul.

When I was a kid, lived in the country and talked an adult to taking us into town to the rich section on the hill, got the best haul there for years. They have to block those streets off now.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top