Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Download your plans and visit your nearest Kinko's for your next rifle

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by jimwsea, Mar 3, 2013.

1. jimwsea

jimwsea Vancouver, Washington state Active Member

» 3D Printed Lower Receiver Withstands More than 650 Rounds, Gun Grabbers Panic Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

"Austin, Texas 3D printing innovator Defense Distributed has been making headlines the past few weeks for doing what seemed impossible at first: manufacturing quality firearms parts using 3D printers and uploading the blueprints for anybody else in the world to download, and it’s driving gun control proponents (excuse me, “gun safety lobbyists”) absolutely crazy."

Here's their website with the files...
    » Browse DEFCAD
    There are plans for rifles, pistols, grenades, compensators, flash hiders, suppressors, silencers and other accessories.

If anyone opens up a 3D copy shop, let me know.

2. richdav

richdav oregon Member

3. Zeshio

Zeshio Olympia Active Member

I heard the printed mags worked perfectly. Although their AR-15 lower is working better, they definitely have a lot of quality control issues to hammer out. I wonder based on how the lower is printed if it's shearing or cracking in-between the seams of plastic layering. Won't stop politicians from trying to make plastic guns illegal though.

4. misplacedtexan

misplacedtexan Beaverton, OR Active Member

BUT THEY CAN WALK THROUGH METAL DETECTORS!!!

just like that ceramic/plastic/glass glock that everyone though was real after Die Hard came out.....

Love the idea though

5. Bob D

Bob D Oregon, Cascades Well-Known Member

These 3D printers are so friggin cool. Any time i'm missing a small plastic part of anything from childrens toys to lawn mower parts I measure important dimensions, go in the office, model it in Solidworks, and print a new one.

They usually take some sanding and finishing, but as long as you design it properly, it works perfectly fine.

6. netcarrier

netcarrier Portland, Oregon Active Member

Hi All,
    You can buy them on Ebay and there on the net all over from $500.00 up
    Tony Portland, Oregon Area

7. erudne

erudne The Pie Matrix PPL Say Sleeping W/Your Rifle Is A bad Thing? Bronze Supporter

Beck said that there is a 4-D printer in development, what ever that is

8. Redcap

Redcap Lewis County, WA Well-Known Member

Get it while you can and spin it to CD.