JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
» 3D Printed Lower Receiver Withstands More than 650 Rounds, Gun Grabbers Panic Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

"Austin, Texas 3D printing innovator Defense Distributed has been making headlines the past few weeks for doing what seemed impossible at first: manufacturing quality firearms parts using 3D printers and uploading the blueprints for anybody else in the world to download, and it’s driving gun control proponents (excuse me, “gun safety lobbyists”) absolutely crazy."

Here's their website with the files...
<broken link removed>
There are plans for rifles, pistols, grenades, compensators, flash hiders, suppressors, silencers and other accessories.

If anyone opens up a 3D copy shop, let me know.

I heard the printed mags worked perfectly. Although their AR-15 lower is working better, they definitely have a lot of quality control issues to hammer out. I wonder based on how the lower is printed if it's shearing or cracking in-between the seams of plastic layering. Won't stop politicians from trying to make plastic guns illegal though.

These 3D printers are so friggin cool. Any time i'm missing a small plastic part of anything from childrens toys to lawn mower parts I measure important dimensions, go in the office, model it in Solidworks, and print a new one.

They usually take some sanding and finishing, but as long as you design it properly, it works perfectly fine.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top