JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

I know it's been like this for awhile but it's amazing to me how anti American and anti freedom our politicians are. One might think that our federal government would be amongst the most patriotic and will adamantly fight for and protect our rights.

I'm hoping for a day when every citizen of this country can view politicians as role models instead of sneaky self absorbed pricks.

In the mean time, I'm not going to stop watching them and letting them know when they're screwing up.

Thank you Just Jim for taking the time to spread this information.

More evidence of the on going assault by the left wing DEMOCRAT party, on our Constitutional freedoms. Naturally this is for our own good and safety. Only left wing democrats care about such things. We as citizens aren't capable of making good decisions when it comes to what is good for us. Then again left wing liberal politicians keep getting re-elected and we citizens keep complaining about loosing freedom and high taxes. Guess I'm missing something.:rolleyes:

Well it's more than just about guns, they are going to control the net and the information available. ITAR Tax is about what can be shipped over seas. Just gun information on the net is going to be taxed and controlled.

You beat me to it

Well it's more than just about guns, they are going to control the net and the information available. ITAR Tax is about what can be shipped over seas. Just gun information on the net is going to be taxed and controlled.

It also mentions EAR so maybe it would effect distribution of information on electronics and cryptography as well

Whatever it says, it scares me dearly

It will affect everything gun related. Want to learn how to take down a gun or research loads for a weird caliber, trade for lead... gone. America is close to ceasing for me if they continue to ignore the first, second, fourth and other amendments. I'm ashamed at times to be called American.

For anyone not really understanding this, or who just hasn't taken the time to read (which you should,) this would mean that uploading information related to firearms on the internet would be treated as an export because anyone can potentially access it online. It only mentions "technical data," but who knows where that line is.

OBAMA TO CIRCUMVENT CONGRESS WITH 'GAG ORDER' ON FIREARM COVERAGE

GettyImages-182543153-640x480.jpg
Mark Wilson/Getty Images

by AWR HAWKINS7 Jun 20151113

On June 1 Breitbart News reported on Obama's Spring 2015 "Unified Agenda." The gun control measures contained therein which were to be passed by executive fiat.

Since that time Representatives like

Rep. Thomas Massie (R-KY)

91%

(R-KY-4th) have placed riders on a DOJ appropriations bill to stop portions of the executive gun control push in its tracks. Now the NRA-ILA is revealing that the Obama administration is working behind the scenes to stifle reporting on firearms.

From the NRA-ILA:

Even as news reports have been highlighting the gun control provisions of the Administration's "Unified Agenda" of regulatory objectives, the Obama State Department has been quietly moving ahead with a proposal that could censor online speech related to firearms.

How can this happen?

Like this: The administration is reworking the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). One of the many things regulated by ITAR are "technical data" tied to "defense articles." This includes, but is not limited to, "detailed design, development, production or manufacturing information" about ammunition and firearms.

More specifically, this kind of "technical data" would be "blueprints, drawings, photographs, plans, instructions or documentation" related to ammunition and firearms.

While ITAR and its regulations have not been a concern in the past, as far as constraining or limiting "material posted on publicly available websites," there are some within the current State Department arguing that "anything published online in a generally-accessible location has essentially been 'exported,'" simply by virtue of being posted, and is therefore under the purview of ITAR.

Moreover, last week the State Department put forth a proposal "clarifying" how to handle releases containing "technical data" which are posted online or otherwise distributed into the "public domain." Ultimately, the proposal would require those releasing "technical data" on ammunition or firearms to first seek government approval.

Here's how the NRA-ILA summed it up:

The proposal would institute a massive new prior restraint on free speech. This is because all such releases would require the 'authorization' of the government before they occurred. The cumbersome and time-consuming process of obtaining such authorizations, moreover, would make online communication about certain technical aspects of firearms and ammunition essentially impossible.

Public comments on the proposed changes to ITAR will be accepted until August 3, 2015. You can submit those comments at regulations.gov or e-mail them to [email protected] with the subject line indicating the comments concern the ''ITAR Amendment—Revisions to Definitions; Data Transmission and Storage."

Follow AWR Hawkins on Twitter: @AWRHawkins. Reach him directly at [email protected].

If these folks were looking to push things too far, they certainly are doing a great job of it. I wonder how much more the American gun owners, even the general American public will tolerate of this dictator's arrogant, freedom hating BS. With his approval ratings now below even Bush Jr's, he's going to have a harder and harder time trying to push his brand of anti-American sentiment.

Hopefully there's a little bit of hype to this article. Unfortunately even the hyped stories have some truth to them! As solved said who knows where the line is?

Obama is a lame Duck, and will not be running for office again. So we can expect outrageous actions on the part of his Administration in these final two years. For he has absolutely nothing to lose at this point in time.

He probably wanted to do this sort of stuff from day one, but had to wait until after he got re-elected.

A night of sharp knives is coming. o_O

Don't be ridiculous. An American President could never get away with assassinating his political opponents. Do you really think that Obama could get away with killing folks like Rubio and Paul, and be able to claim that he was forced to do so to protect the government from overthrow?

America is not Nazi Germany in 1934. Obama does not have a SS or Gestapo available to him to be able to order people killed.

An attack by the President on any members of Congress would be totally unprecedented in US History. It would incite a Civil War.

No, nothing like that is coming. Instead, we are seeing a very slow and gradual process of changing our government and our laws.

How racist and elitist is it that the President in Name Only thinks that other countries can't figure out how to make bullets, improve a hand-load for a hunting rifle or design a rifle.

Pssst! Hey, State Department, you know we are not the only country that makes guns right? You know we aren't the only country with the Internet right?

Honestly, the narcissism and combined with mental retardation that this guy and the people he appoints is stunning. It amazes me that that any of these oxygen thieves remembers to breathe given their collective lack of brain power.

This is win/win for me. I will not only get to be an outlaw, but an international outlaw too.

Obama is a lame Duck, and will not be running for office again. So we can expect outrageous actions on the part of his Administration in these final two years. For he has absolutely nothing to lose at this point in time.

He probably wanted to do this sort of stuff from day one, but had to wait until after he got re-elected.
He did tell the Russians to hang in there and wait. After his re-election he can be more flexible.

If they shutdown the gun related forums, blogs etc., they know it will be harder to get out the word quickly about what they are doing behind the curtain. If they get this and the new Federal Ammunition license where they can track ----- OR LIMIT WHAT YOU CAN BUY, like they do in in Kalifornia- it's over in less than two years. 95% of the citizens will be out of ammo and their weapons are then clubs. If the people fear the Government there is tyranny--Thomas Jefferson

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top