JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Finally took the plunge and joined today. Very impressed with the range and the people. Rangemasters were extremely helpful in troubleshooting my 1911 and my friend's AR15. Look forward to many plinking sessions there.

This place is coming along, I have been a member for 5 or so years, took my daughter today. They have upgraded the shooting benches at the 100yd range and put up 200yd targets in the pits in the back. We just just had a team come back from the World Championships and they won.....they brought back 9 of the 12 medals the US got.

I was very impressed with their ranges. I attended the Magpul class at the begining of the month there. :D We took our RV down there and parked it in the clubhouse parking lot for the weekend. The hospitality of the members and quality of the ranges are second to none, IMHO. If I were closer, I would be a member there. ;)

I am a brand new member of the gun owning community and settled on Douglas Ridge for my NRA FIRST/CCW classes, as well as membership. Very glad that I did.

The membership obviously cares a great deal about the facilities. I learned right off the bat that taking care of stuff, policing brass, and safety were very important.

Having been there a couple times since I've joined, I'm really impressed with the general feel & mood of the members. Never run into anyone who was mean or rude. Everyone's very courteous & considerate.

I took my pistol to the outdoor 100 yd range where a few serious folks were sighting in their rifles. I wanted to shoot in the sun. Taking the advice I got from the orientation I took my position out from under the awning, as I was told that pistol shooters cadence can mess up the more careful rifle shooters. I had zero problem, and didn't even get a bad look. In fact the rifle guys were very accommodating of my timing, so much so that I'm pretty sure I put them out while I was there.

Anyways I really am a fan of this place already and will bring friends & family to visit.

Just joined in August and did my first day shooting on the long range. Stan, John, and Kevin were all great and helpful when it came to showing me the ropes.

Thanks guys!

I've been a member for a few years now and I have nothing but great things to say about the facilities and the people. I only wish they had more space for action pistol, but I can deal with using the silhouette range.

They are about 10 minutes from my house. I've been there a few times for various events. The facilities are top notch. I've used their range for hunter sight in and trap shooting. All of my experiences there are good ones except one.

I went to a hunter sight in day one Saturday and as I was unloading my rifles 200 feet from the range I hear somebody start yelling. I had a rifle in each hand, muzzle up, unloaded, bolts open with flags in the chambers. Apparently in closing the car doors I had let the muzzle of one rifle (still pointed vertically) get below the top of my head. For this offense I received a tongue lashing all the way from the car to the range entrance.

I'm as safety conscious as anyone, and I understand about rules and about muzzle safety. I've shot competition rifle in the past. Never was either muzzle pointed anywhere but skyward and never did either of them sweep anything other than air. I felt the individual in question was being a bit of a jerk. Now maybe after a couple weeks of dealing with the general public somebody was a bit off his feed. I chalked the over-reaction up to that and let it pass, but I have not been back and I put joining on hold. That was a few years ago.

Just looking at the web site, it seems very expensive.

$330 to join. $300 renewal. Yeah, you can cut that down if you're willing to work for 8 hours at $19/hour. Guests are $5.

A comparable area club would be Tri-County - $225 at join, $170 renewal (before any work credit). Guests are free.

Not saying one is better than the other. DRRC has some facilities that TCGC doesn't. Just seems like it's a pretty big premium.

Just looking at the web site, it seems very expensive.

$330 to join. $300 renewal. Yeah, you can cut that down if you're willing to work for 8 hours at $19/hour. Guests are $5.

A comparable area club would be Tri-County - $225 at join, $170 renewal (before any work credit). Guests are free.

Not saying one is better than the other. DRRC has some facilities that TCGC doesn't. Just seems like it's a pretty big premium.

I have used Douglas Ridge quite a bit and and Tri County only a couple of times. I like both.
It would be nice if DRCC had their skeet/Trap range up again.
They also have a great youth small bore program that is totally free.

It's expensive the first year, but much more reasonable after that. When you figure how much time and gas $ you would spend driving to a gravel pit or quarry it balances out. Not to mention the gun safety aspect of shooting at a range. I am a far less fearful of someone accidentally shooting me or having someone walk past a firing line like I've seen up at Memaloose.

Anyone here take advantage of the membership special? I went out for a tour this past Sunday and signed up. The club looks awesome! The first year is a bit expensive but after that the yearly fees are pretty good. I'll be there on June 9th for the orientation. Anyone else?

Anyone here take advantage of the membership special? I went out for a tour this past Sunday and signed up. The club looks awesome! The first year is a bit expensive but after that the yearly fees are pretty good. I'll be there on June 9th for the orientation. Anyone else?

I also took advantage of the special. Will be there June 9th. Tired of having reason after reason to NOT shoot when I want to. The guy who gave the tour helped set the tone of the place. Of course I got an e-mail from them right after I paid dues that states that another of the ranges is "closed" until further notice.... I was kinda bummed about that timing with the "special".

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top