JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have been a member for 12 yrs,sat on the BOD,served as Work Hour Chairman,ran the hunters sight in program for a couple yrs,ran the JR Smallbore for a while,among other areas of involvement.
If you have some specific questions you want answered,ask away.
RK

Sounds like a good club. My main concern is joining 4 months before renewal, they have a $100 defense fund fee new members have to pay. Will i get hit with another $100 defense fund fee again in 4 months when i renew? If so, i think I will just wait and apply in June...

I have been a member for 12 yrs,sat on the BOD,served as Work Hour Chairman,ran the hunters sight in program for a couple yrs,ran the JR Smallbore for a while,among other areas of involvement.
If you have some specific questions you want answered,ask away.
RK

You will be prorated on your membership.
The defense fund is a 1 time deal.
Everyone owes the club 8 hrs of work time until you reach a certain number of yrs,most will continue even after that time.
There is a building assesment that everyone pays for the first 3,maybe 4 yrs,can't remember off the top of my head.
All in all,not a bad deal if you can get some shooting in during the week,seems the club likes to schedule events on weekends that take up some of the different ranges.
You can access the calander online to see what days the ranges are being used.
RK

Cool.
Looks like the new member orientation is this weekend, and then not another until middle of next month. Is there a way for me expedite my app in order to get in on this weekend orientation? Thinking if i mail it tomorrow i may not hear back in time?

You will be prorated on your membership.
The defense fund is a 1 time deal.
Everyone owes the club 8 hrs of work time until you reach a certain number of yrs,most will continue even after that time.
There is a building assesment that everyone pays for the first 3,maybe 4 yrs,can't remember off the top of my head.
All in all,not a bad deal if you can get some shooting in during the week,seems the club likes to schedule events on weekends that take up some of the different ranges.
You can access the calander online to see what days the ranges are being used.
RK

Call the club house and talk to someone.
The phone numbers for the officers are listed in the newsletter,find Stan Pate,or John Weil and leave a message.
They will probably make room.
RK

Thanks for the help. Joined yesterday. Awesome place, nice peeps, and very helpful rangemasters, helped my friend and I troubleshoot our ftf problems with a bunch of their ammo. Couldn't ask for nicer people.

Yep,and i am wondering how many members will decide that the xtra fee they want to impose AGAIN this yr will make them decide to not renew memberships.
RK

Your right i keep tring to see their point but they just dont seem to care about me.
Cant shoot shotgun's, cant shoot most weekends (my days off) and then pay more money.
I'm realy on the fence on this one.
Twodogs

I miss the shotgun range.

Just wondering, I am not a member but have looked at it from time to time -- why is the shotgun range closed?

Their website says:
Under the advice and direction of our attorneys we regrettably must immediately and temporarily close and discontinue all shooting on all shotgun ranges.

Noise complaints maybe? But you would think that would apply to all weapon and not just shotguns....

SHotgun range is closed because of federal lawsuits initiated by a former member who was pissed about lead. The club has won 3 of the suits and expects to win the other two. Then the shotgun range will reopen.
In the meantime each member is paying $100 per year for the legal fund to defend against the lawsuits.

KENOC,
Your post is not entirely accurate,there is a lot more about the lawsuits than the lead issue.
The member was kicked out because he called the BOD out on an issue that had nothing to do with the lead,but was directly related to a large qty of fill dirt that was of unknown cleanliness.
The dirt in that large of a qty needed to be of a certain cleanliness due to the water shed present,but they had no certs to back up their claims of where it came from.
There was/is a long history involving the ex member and his unorthodox way of dealing with issues.
RK

Last Sunday was my first day. The silhouette range was open at the end of orientation which was 3:00 although the calendar says speed steel on the silh range until 5. Thursday I went out there in early afternoon. I used the silhouette range even though the calendar says long range day to 600 yards. I believe that the silh and 100-200 range must be closed when using the 600 range.

I planned on being there today but see there's long range competition to 600 yards until 5. Now will this be like Thursday and the competition was over before early afternoon when I got there? Or does this mean I can't use the range today. I really don't want to drive out there to find out the range is closed to everyone except the long range competitors.

This is of course my fault for not realizing the competitions would take up so much range time. After reading what Twodogs said I'm concerned. Being laid off right now I can use the range during the week which is the best time anyway because there's so few people who use ranges at that time.

No doubt this subject has been thought out by the BOD and the present plan is the best compromise.

Any time there is a scheduled match,or disipline for a particular range it would be best if you just planned on going out there after the established time it was scheduled to end.
Yes,many matches will end early,or in some cases not even go off as scheduled,but why waste your time and get frustrated by arriving out there early and having to wait around.
If you are off during the week,you would have more time and less competition for range useage if you utilized the week days.
It does appear that the range is getting over booked on weekends during the most desireable months,there by limiting the available time to members who only have weekends to get out to the range.
This has been an on going issue that has been brought up at numerous membership meetings,and is always met with the same BS,it is a play on numbers. Anyone can make the percentages say what they want them to,especially when you use all 52 weeks of the year as the base line.
Since i am off on Fridays for the time being,i have been spending many of them out at the range to get some trigger time in,the crowds seem to be smaller as well.
This is a subject that doesn't sit well with me,i have been on the inside listening to the way the scheduling is done,it still steams me on how the members pay so outsiders can play.
RK

Went out to shoot today after checking to make sure no matches going on and then i got there the range was closed do to a long range match going on.
No notice that i could find, nothing on the calander or on the update list.
I'm done even tring to shoot on the weekends.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top