JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Full written review up on TTAG: Gun Review: DoubleTap Tactical Pocket Pistol | The Truth About GunsThe Truth About Guns

The short version: it's a unique, novel gun. It fires reliably. It point shoots very naturally and accurately, which is good because the sights are basically non-existent. Recoil is stiff but completely controllable and muzzle flip is actually pretty mild. HOWEVER... it hurts BADLY to shoot. It's soooo freakin' thin and hard and not ergonomic that it just abuses the living hell out of the web of your hand and your thumb knuckle. Shooting 10+ rounds really starts to get painful, and you'll feel it for the next couple of days. It conceals very easily because of how thin it is and because of how rounded most of the corners are, but it's not actually as light as I would have expected. With only 2 rounds of 9mm or .45 ACP, I would personally rather carry my Beretta Nano despite that being a bit larger (barely heavier, though) or my Taurus TCP, which is smaller and lighter and just barely thicker. I'd take 7 rounds of .380 +P over 2 rounds of standard pressure 9 or .45 for sure (just my personal preference on this one), and I'd certainly take the 7 rounds of 9mm in my Nano (which can be +P, although I carry standard pressure 147 grain HST) over 2.

IMG_2667.JPG

IMG_2673.JPG

IMG_2675.JPG

IMG_2691.JPG

IMG_2701.JPG

Cheers,

Jeremy

Last edited by a moderator:
You should post this over in the "I've never felt outgunned with my 5 shot snubbie " thread. :) I'm not sure that even I could feel ok about a 2 shooter but I reckon it would make a believer out of a switchblade man.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top