JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I use Corbon Hunter 205gr. HC ammo for critters in my .357. However, there's none to be found right now, so I bought some 200gr. HC Doubletap. I mentioned it on another forum and one of the guys posted a pic of a blown out case and stated he'd never buy the stuff again.

He contacted DT and they shined him on, so he contacted Colt about it and they rebuilt his pistol and said they'd get it back from DT. Apparently the brass was thin just above the rim and he had a kaboom. So it was definitely a QC issue.

I realize that any brand of ammo can be problematic and that stuff happens once in a while. My questions are have any of you used the Doubletap and have you ever experienced any problems?

I bought some 135gr 10mm from them and it shot terrible out of my glock, my commits where deleted off there web sight and I was told that I just needed to learn to shoot,I offered to send back the ammo so they could test it and post the results, I got some 180gr ammo sent back to me and nothing was ever posted or said about the ammo I sent back, would never buy from them again.

Have a friend that bought some 357 SIG from them. Not sure of the weight. Shooting out of his SIG 226 elite was causing major bullet seat back in the magazine. I haven't heard much good from double tap.

That sucks, so I don't want to chance firing it. I guess I'll pull the bullets to reload at some point. I'm also out over fifty bucks for the stuff.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top