JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Good evening guys!
I have wondered if it is possible to change the trigger setup on my CZ double trigger to a single trigger setup? This is my first break action and I love it but dont love my finger getting bruised or bleeding from the trigger guard everytime I shoot. Or is it just too cost prohibitive?

Last Edited:
I have no doubt that it can be done...
I have done so with several muzzle loading firearms....but...

Finding someone who can do it correctly and the cost of doing so....is spendy.
Might be best to either trade off this gun or just buy a shotgun with a single trigger.
Andy

That's weird about it hitting your finger. I have several dual trigger shotguns of German manufacture and none of them have ever done that when shooting. Maybe it's the spacing of that particular gun's trigger/trigger guard or something? For me I much prefer the double trigger and have turned down several guns due to single trigger. Here is a pic of typical German gun (J.P. Sauer), is your spacing in trigger guard similar?

67293739-8E1B-41BF-BA47-0655D5F367A8.jpeg

I always wanted to convert my singles to a double (rifle set trigger). Curious to hear if it really happens and the cost.
Cool! Are u thinking of making a hair trigger? I saw this video the other day for a three barrel drilling with 2 triggers and when selecting the rifle barrel you can move trigger forward to make it a hair trigger -go to 2:30 mark in video to see. The craftsmanship of these old German hand built guns just blows me away.

That's weird about it hitting your finger. I have several dual trigger shotguns of German manufacture and none of them have ever done that when shooting. Maybe it's the spacing of that particular gun's trigger/trigger guard or something? For me I much prefer the double trigger and have turned down several guns due to single trigger. Here is a pic of typical German gun (J.P. Sauer), is your spacing in trigger guard similar?

View attachment 857911
It appears to be the way my hand sits when reaching for the front trigger. It puts my middle finger smack up against the guard as it's a bit of a reach to get there on the front.I guess my sausage fingers just aren't cutting it! As I write this it gives me another potential idea.

I always wanted to convert my singles to a double (rifle set trigger). Curious to hear if it really happens and the cost.
I love double triggers but pay for it with this gun. It will become my grandsons in a couple years as he has started bird hunting with me so I'm guessing it will be happening to him(?). If it happens I will post the results for sure!

I have no doubt that it can be done...
I have done so with several muzzle loading firearms....but...

Finding someone who can do it correctly and the cost of doing so....is spendy.
Might be best to either trade off this gun or just buy a shotgun with a single trigger.
Andy
Yeah and it looks cost prohibitive after checking the web

It appears to be the way my hand sits when reaching for the front trigger. It puts my middle finger smack up against the guard as it's a bit of a reach to get there on the front.I guess my sausage fingers just aren't cutting it! As I write this it gives me another potential idea.
Ah I see must be the guard/trigger design. I wonder if a European style stock would help with that cuz it changes the grip angle? Might make it better or might make it worse I dunno. If I was to guess I would say it wouldn't help. As I understand it the preference for the straight European style stock is you can slide your hand backwards when pulling the back trigger.

Another cheap thing u could try is put a piece of foam tape on the back of the trigger guard. It comes in various thicknesses and densities. Some of it is really dense almost like a thick felt like used for furniture/floor protection/bumpers. Some is much less dense like for weatherstripping. I recall buying some foam weatherstripping tape from Home Depot that was grey, fairly thick, and very spongy (gives under pressure I mean) but still pretty dense and that would seem ideal for me but u don't know what's best until you try it probably.
35202043-1E32-4FED-90DE-1FA0DE71B036.jpeg

Last Edited:
Ah I see must be the guard/trigger design. I wonder if a European style stock would help with that cuz it changes the grip angle? Might make it better or might make it worse I dunno. If I was to guess I would say it wouldn't help. As I understand it the preference for the straight European style stock is you can slide your hand backwards when pulling the back trigger.

Another cheap thing u could try is put a piece of foam tape on the back of the trigger guard. It comes in various thicknesses and densities. Some of it is really dense almost like a thick felt like used for furniture/floor protection/bumpers. Some is much less dense like for weatherstripping. I recall buying some foam weatherstripping tape from Home Depot that was grey, fairly thick, and very spongy (gives under pressure I mean) but still pretty dense and that would seem ideal for me but u don't know what's best until you try it probably.
View attachment 857983
Great ideas.I have wondered about a stock mod as I can do that myself. I've been wearing gloves and it helps but... still bruised. Great looking pic of that stock!! Beautiful!

Great ideas.I have wondered about a stock mod as I can do that myself. I've been wearing gloves and it helps but... still bruised. Great looking pic of that stock!! Beautiful!
That stock photo is from the internet. But today I bought two SxS and one happens to be with the European style stock. Stock is not as nice as that other photo but then the gun is 108 years old and other than cosmetics on the stock it feels like it was made yesterday. I'll have to try it out shooting vs regular pistol grip stock. The other one I got (top photo) was pistol grip.

shotguns-2.jpg

shotguns.jpg

I grew up shooting a Beretta semi on the late 60's early 70's. My father used a Parker bros SxS. double trigger. I loved that double trigger! Those look very nice congrats on your purchase!

I grew up shooting a Beretta semi on the late 60's early 70's. My father used a Parker bros SxS. double trigger. I loved that double trigger! Those look very nice congrats on your purchase!
Thx! Next time out I'll try to shoot pistol stock vs straight stock and see if I notice a difference on pressure on the middle finger. Probably wouldn't correlate to ur situation due to different trigger guard design but I need to try them both out so might as well.

In the end I purchased a beautiful Weatherby Athena and have been using it since last summer. It feels like I have shot with it all my life and is a gun my grandson will inherit someday... He's starting to shoot the double trigger with no issues!

View attachment 857911
Concur, I own over a dozen SxS's and I have never had issues with hurting my fingers......I wonder if he has 2 fingers in there at the same time???

Concur, I own over a dozen SxS's and I have never had issues with hurting my fingers......I wonder if he has 2 fingers in there at the same time???
No, its the reach to the front trigger combined with the shape of the stock there where my hand is. It's odd as I hae shot a couple of quail a few weeks back with it and, nothing.. LOL

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top