JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was online the other day and saw these little guys came way down in price.

Ive owned a bond arms derringer and she was thicker than a DMV front desk clerk. I sold it because it wasnt my cup of tequila (I dont drink tea)

Seeing how thin these pistols are is really appealing. They look as if they'll print in a front pocket like a phone. ...Now, Id like to note this is a back up pistol NOT a primary.. Id say more of a new toy to fulfill my ammosexual firearm lust (for a while) and to give me a new .45
(or perhaps 9 depending on comments)

So, anyone on here own one?
Im only looking for first hand experience..

I.E. You've actually shot one, preferably the .45 (ported) and or the 9mm NON ported.

I had a 9mm non-ported. I ended up selling it on this forum. I was like you in thinking it would be a cool backup piece. The good--it is very thin and it really doesn't print much. It was very nicely made. The bad--it is bigger than you think. It is not at all like a small derringer. In addition, it kicked like a mule, even in 9mm. It is uncomfortable to shoot. I can't imagine what the .45 is like. It is hard to hit with it and it is very slow to reload. I shoot a lot and am a reasonably good shot. I am also not recoil sensitive. After shooting it a few times, I decided it would be better owned by somebody other than me.

Candidly, I think there are many better option in pocket pieces. To name a few, I have a magnum research baby desert eagle that is a gem. Its 380 but it is very well made, its tiny, its reliable and its pretty darn accurate. Another favorite is a j frame scandium .357. I usually carry .38s in it but I'd rather shoot my mild .357 reloads in it than shoot 9mm in the double tap.

Thank you both for the responses.
The size is a big issue seeings how Im looking for a pocket pistol. If it is anything like the bond arms derringer then I guess I will have to table this as an option because that was far too heavy and cumbersome to be a pocket pistol. Send this is what made it an attractive option but if the height of the pistol is fairly large then I suppose it wouldn't really be a viable option.

Recoil wise, I shot the bond arms 357 and that was not horrible, I couldn't imagine this would be any worse? Then again the steel barrel and frame tamed some of the recoil. A lot of reviews seem to mention the fact that recoil was directed directly into the web of shooters hand, this may or may not be an issue as it would only be a last resort/ fun toy.
I need to fire one before I can make a decision otherwise I throw 200 down the drain.

Thank you both for the response

The difference between the 2 is the Bond gun is wider,still can be abusive in the right caliber but it doesn't cut into the hand.
I had the 45acp for a bit,but the gun is as heavy and as big as a sp101 that has 5 rounds.
The Bond derringers are not pocket pistols in my opinion.
Well a nice big winter coat pocket maybe

The difference between the 2 is the Bond gun is wider,still can be abusive in the right caliber but it doesn't cut into the hand.
I had the 45acp for a bit,but the gun is as heavy and as big as a sp101 that has 5 rounds.
The Bond derringers are not pocket pistols in my opinion.
Well a nice big winter coat pocket maybe
Exactly, once I owned it and had it in my hands I realized it was FAR larger than I had hoped. Its a coat pocket pistol but never a pants pocket pistol. The thing was a tank.. But there are semi auto .380's and 9's in its width/weight category that would make better choices.

Im all ears for an alternative!

I carry a short XDS 45 in front pocket, in a holster. Alternately I carry a Kahr CW380 or a Colt Mustang XSP 380 both smaller than the XDS. I also have the short XDS in 9 which would give me 8 rounds, but any are more capacity than a two shooter

I usually carry the CW380 with a seven round magazine in my back jeans pocket and the XDS in front.

If I need smaller it is a NAA .22 Mag that I used to carry primary. It is a slow reload single action five shooter, still better than a two shooter. Deadly.

SCCY CPX-2 (the -1 has a safety).

Double stack 9mm. 14+1 cap. 2 mags. D/A trigger that pulls smooth.
Stainless slides and barrels.

Tiny guns but well useable with big mitts like mine.

$250 new out the door.

Oh, and Ive got about 600 rounds thru it now and only had one stovepipe - no other malfuntions.

It's my primary carry with one always in the chamber so I have at minimum one good shot. I have plans to (given extra cash) buy a couple more for bug bags and stash guns as well.

EDIT: Florida, USA Conpany. Lifetime, no questions asked warrenty.

Last Edited:
I have many little guns. The Rohrbaugh 9mm is my favorite. It's the size of a ruger LCP.

My Doubletap .45 split my finger on about the twelfth round. But I like it and wont sell it.
It made my COP .357 feel like a pea shooter!

But then I love niche guns. I say get one.

DSCN1546.JPG DSCN4075.JPG

I feel the need to throw my .02 in on derringers; the fact that they are single-action renders them virtually useless as CCW weapons in my opinion. Under the influence of adrenaline in a high-stress life or death encounter, a gun with lousy ergonomics that requires you adjust your grip in order to cock a tiny little hammer back with your thumb for every shot is a terrible choice, one that is made worse by the inferior ballistics and almost non-existent sights on these guns. I am also not a fan of pocket .380's but at least they give you 6 or 7 rapid fire shots without fumbling around with a hammer.

I feel the need to throw my .02 in on derringers; the fact that they are single-action renders them virtually useless as CCW weapons in my opinion. Under the influence of adrenaline in a high-stress life or death encounter, a gun with lousy ergonomics that requires you adjust your grip in order to cock a tiny little hammer back with your thumb for every shot is a terrible choice, one that is made worse by the inferior ballistics and almost non-existent sights on these guns. I am also not a fan of pocket .380's but at least they give you 6 or 7 rapid fire shots without fumbling around with a hammer.

OK? But both my COP and Doubletap are double action.
And you cant accuse a 3'' non-vented 45ACP and .357 magnum as having inferior ballistics.
Think of all the people put down with 1-1/2'' vented barrel j-frame 38 ?

So come on! Be honest. YOU WANT ONE! :s0140:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top