JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Here are the makes I've come across so far that offer a 2011 or double stack 1911 :

Rock Island Armory, Para, Remington, (one Kimber), STI, Nighthawk, SPS

What others am I missing?

I know where the Rock Islands sit and I know where the STIs sit in terms of quality. I've shot neither but have held both in hand and could easily tell the difference in build quality...My question is where do the Paras and the Remingtons sit in that mix? They seem to be the only double stack 1911s that occupy the near $1,000 pricepoint. Worth the squeeze?

Wilson makes a really nice double stack nine for about $2500-$3000. The EDC X9 or X9L

If you really want spendy, Infinity (SV) (or any super custom outfit, limcat, atlas etc.)

There is also a company that does knock off STI's for less money: MAC or Metro Arms

You may want to look into a SPS Pantera(9mm,.40 S&W,or 45acp) they run between $1,400 and $1,550. I've read only good things about them.
Probably the lowest I would want to go for a 2011 style gun quality wise.

Personally never shot a RI.
My cousin got 1 used, don't know the model, but he likes it.
Don't hear many complaints about them, other than they are kinda heavy.
The consensus of their CS seems to be good.

I had a PARA WARTHOG for several yrs, until I got out of 45acp for 10mm. It was a double stack, 10rnd, 3" 45. It was a great shooter.
Remington is selling them now, branded as a Remington.

I've heard tales of bad Para QC on later models but I haven't experienced it.

It's easy to see some of the cost-cutting measures used on the entry-level models like my Expert 9mm, (easily replacable) plastic trigger, plastic FO front sight housing, stuff like that... but as for function it's been 100% reliable and is a fun, easy shooter.

I didn't go looking for a 9mm 1911... alway viewed them as sacrilege. I bought the Expert because it was so inexpensive: on sale AND a $100 rebate at the time. I'm glad I did.

That being said, I don't think I would personally invest more $$ in another one since there are so many great platforms for the ubiquitous 9x19... CZ and High Power at the top of the list.

Does this pertain at all to the OP?
Not really.
Sorry.
:rolleyes:

Last Edited:
CZ's SP01 Shadow & Shadow2 act just like 1911's. Both are all steel construction, both can be DA/SA or SA on the first shot, & can be cocked & locked like 1911's.

Quality is top notch too. I think the SP01 beats all 1911's under $900.00 & the S2 beats all 1911's $1300.00 & under.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top