JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a double barrel black powder shot gun that belongs to a friend, trying to find out what it is and what it's worth.
I'll take some pictures of it and post later,it says W. J. Fowler london laminated steel on the steel between the barrels and appears really old.
Anybody know anything about it.

IMG_1713.jpg
IMG_1711.jpg
IMG_1710.jpg
IMG_1714.jpg

With the stock busted and repaired like that as well as what appears to be some pretty bad rust. Combined with the laminated barrels means it really isn't a shooter and it's condition ruins it's collectable value It's value is as a wall hanger not much more.

With the stock busted and repaired like that as well as what appears to be some pretty bad rust. Combined with the laminated barrels means it really isn't a shooter and it's condition ruins it's collectable value It's value is as a wall hanger not much more.

Thanks for the info :s0155:, that's kind of what i was thinking, although the rust isn't that bad i can rub alot of it off with my thumb but there is some on it.

The trouble with rust in a laminated barrel is that it can easily get in between the layers in the metal and weaken the barrel while not being seen. So with that much surface rust and pitting (remember when new that gun was finished better then a modern weapon) I would assume the laminated barrels were compromised. And proudly hang it on the mantle with a bullbubblegum story about Grandpa and the wagon train LOL

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top