JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
i actually enjoy watching it because though no one set up is perfect (for me...for others, etc)
each family introduces components which I learn from and apply for me, both short term as
well as long range. i also can reject what ideas are not viable for my setting.

i actually enjoy watching it because though no one set up is perfect (for me...for others, etc)
each family introduces components which I learn from and apply for me, both short term as
well as long range. i also can reject what ideas are not viable for my setting.

You mean your not going to make your own body armor that only protects from 12g birdshot and .22lr? I mean, no one uses ANYTHING else, only those.....

Always good for a laugh and an occasional gem of info. I always DVR each episode so I can pound the fast forward when the s...t gets too deep. Oh yeah! I like to look at gear too!

One thing they never address on that show is the blow hole for the bunker. Plug the blow hole and it doesn't take long before it runs out of air. Or toss a stink bomb down it. If doomsday hits, you are going to need snipers to protect your perimeter, and automatic weapons for the close in action. I'm picking high ground so I can see the maurading gangs carrying automatic weapons coming to raid my stash...I have no intention of dying in a hole in the ground while they sit around in lawn chairs, drinking beer, waiting for me to run out of air.

I always enjoy watching it. Most people are far too confident in their plans. The only people doing the bunkers right are in old silos.

I watched one episode.....The guy featured was out shooting 10/22's and 22 pistols with his kid and somehow, by all that's holy, shot his thumb off. I nearly passed out from laughing. With an offense like that, who needs a strong defense? or is that vice-versa?

I think you left out the "missile" part.

I rely on common sense quite often when relaying points. I don't imagine anyone would hold up here for any length of time, not to mention it is above ground. :s0155:

silo.jpg

I watched one episode.....The guy featured was out shooting 10/22's and 22 pistols with his kid and somehow, by all that's holy, shot his thumb off. I nearly passed out from laughing. With an offense like that, who needs a strong defense? or is that vice-versa?

Yeah, I gotta say I thought that episode was pretty amusing, the union film crew paramedic has to jump in and save the guy's finger.

The other part of that show that I can't quite figure out is these people spending 50-100k to build a bunker to stand their ground and fight to the death protecting their 1/3 acre and doublewide.

When the SHTF, I'm grabbing a .22 and a buck knife and going 'somewhere else' depending on where the fan is spraying the S.

they are welcome to stay in their irradiated hole.

You mean your not going to make your own body armor that only protects from 12g birdshot and .22lr? I mean, no one uses ANYTHING else, only those.....

I was hoping and praying they would have stepped it up a notch and went to buckshot, or any centerfire rifle so he could test out his online medical training on a sucking chest wound after removing that 100lb hunk of scrap metal.

http://endoftheamericandream.com/ar...am-media-like-to-make-fun-of-preppers-so-much

Americans are not any better than those living in the Philippines. When something really, really bad happens in the heart of the United States, we will see mass panic and fear here too.

And most Americans are completely and totally unprepared for even a minor emergency...

-44 percent of all Americans do not have first-aid kits in their homes.

-48 percent of all Americans do not have any emergency supplies stored up at all.

-53 percent of all Americans do not have a 3 day supply of nonperishable food and water in their homes.

So instead of making fun of preppers, perhaps the mainstream media should be encouraging more people to prepare for future emergencies.

Someday major disaster will strike this nation, and what that happens it will be the preppers that will have the last laugh.

And most Americans are completely and totally unprepared for even a minor emergency…

-44 percent of all Americans do not have first-aid kits in their homes.

-48 percent of all Americans do not have any emergency supplies stored up at all.

-53 percent of all Americans do not have a 3 day supply of nonperishable food and water in their homes.

So instead of making fun of preppers, perhaps the mainstream media should be encouraging more people to prepare for future emergencies.

This, I do not consider myself a prepper and likely never will be. However, the things you have listed here should be common sense to anyone breathing. If you cannot sustain yourself in the event of a natural disaster that has not demolished your home with you in it, you should really reevaluate your SOP.

Actually he was shooting a .38spl and placed the thumb of his off hand next to the cylinder gap. Hilarious!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top