JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
11-10-2016 Somewhere in the mountains of Pakistan men with hooked noses are peering at a monitor in a dusty tent filled with equipment powered by a small portable generator..........

On the monitor:
"Warning! Zero Date and Time not set! Propagation Limitations not set! Frequency Range not set! Rifle function is disabled until all parameters are set! Refer to Military code instruction manual for this product distribution!"

The youngest of the three men reaches over and enters these Commands:

"Password = allaisgreat911201"
"Override function\disable rifle\subset start\engage rifle on Enter key"
And presses the Enter key.............

Not Hillary, Not Obama, not Russia, not NSA, it was actually the CIA and Israel who turned loose the bug.
I am sure Trump has a well thought out "FIX" to make this "GOOD".

Everyone: Watch the Movie "Zero Days" about how the doomsday virus our NSA and Military Intelligence developed to destroy the Iranian nuclear reactors got loose into the general domain. Israel was given access to upload the virus by the CIA so they could protect themselves from Iran. In typical Israeli fashion, they found a way to unlock the safety controls and enhance it to make a super weapon. Whoops ! Did I say NO CONTROLS? Now it is spreading across the cyber world like wildfire and nobody has a way to control it! If you are not frightened yet, you will be after viewing this fantastic film. All documented interviews with the actual insiders who all except one, identify themselves on camera. This is not crap!!!!!!

It has been playing on Showtime this week.

Rany Lutz aka ranydl
cleardot.gif https://www.google.com/search?q=zero+days&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8
https://www.google.com/search?q=zero+days&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

Last Edited:
Everyone: Watch the Movie "Zero Days" about how the doomsday virus our NSA and Military Intelligence developed to destroy the Iranian nuclear reactors got loose into the general domain. Israel was given access to upload the virus by the CIA so they could protect themselves from Iran. In typical Israeli fashion, they found a way to unlock the safety controls and enhance it to make a super weapon. Whoops ! Did I say NO CONTROLS? Now it is spreading across the cyber world like wildfire and nobody has a way to control it! If you are not frightened yet, you will be after viewing this fantastic film. All documented interviews with the actual insiders who all except one, identify themselves on camera. This is not crap!!!!!!

:rolleyes:

Rany Lutz aka ranydl
View attachment 322301

This "Doomsday" virus only targets specific industrial platforms. It's not going to infect your TV, your car, or your refrigerator. It may infect your computer (somewhat unlikely), but it won't do anything to it. It looks for specific criteria, and if it doesn't find them, it does nothing except maybe spread around a bit.

So, unless you're running a Siemens control program on Windows that's driving a Siemens PLC, it's not going to affect you.

Also, he used actress Joanne Tucker, combining several interviews from different people into a single person.

So the theory and vector is certainly worrisome, but the specific threat is now pretty much a non-issue.

The issues that are currently going on when it comes to cyber security are actually much worse, and much more complex than you will ever see in the media (this includes the fiction of many of the shows out there these days).

Krebs on security was attacked a few weeks ago by a massive DDoS attack caused mostly by compromised internet appliances, like internet enabled cameras and doorbells. A few weeks later the same thing took out Dyn, a major DNS provider that took down a good chunk of the internet on the east coast. These things are at this point nearly uncontrollable, it would require a lot of people tearing out things they paid good money for and replacing them, with something else that likely has the same issues as the last device.

At this point, internet security is bad, and only likely to get a hell of a lot worse.

Well I doubt they really have to physically tear anything out, right? How about just disabling the internet connection? It's silly to have that for ordinary devices anyway.

Also, get a good firewall going, like pfsense. Get rid of those crappy commercial routers, or at least bridge them so all they are doing is making a switch and a wireless access point. Cheap commercial routers are notorious for being vulnerable to attacks, while pfsense is on the level that a bank would use.

Well I doubt they really have to physically tear anything out, right? How about just disabling the internet connection? It's silly to have that for ordinary devices anyway.

Also, get a good firewall going, like pfsense. Get rid of those crappy commercial routers, or at least bridge them so all they are doing is making a switch and a wireless access point. Cheap commercial routers are notorious for being vulnerable to attacks, while pfsense is on the level that a bank would use.

If you have an internet enabled camera, they usually need to talk back to the mothership so you can watch your cameras from the phone, which means they need to be on the internet enough to do that.

I totally agree... having good ACLs can solve a lot of these problems, the problem is, few people are bright enough to really set things up in a meaningful way that solves the problem, which means ISP's are going to have to do it, at least until users complain about their xinwao internet camera not working.

It wouldn't bother me too much if the internet were to take a dirt nap for a while. Let everybody "reset" and become humans again instead of social media dependent drones.
Of course NWFA would have to go to smoke signal back up, it worked fine on F-Troop....

It wouldn't bother me too much if the internet were to take a dirt nap for a while. Let everybody "reset" and become humans again instead of social media dependent drones.
Of course NWFA would have to go to smoke signal back up, it worked fine on F-Troop....

The internet is more than just the web, it's the telegraph of today, that lets airlines determine when and where airplanes leave and land, it lets them move cargo and baggage between hubs. It lets your auto parts store determine which and where the replacement alternator for your car is, it lets gas stations order the gasoline and handle electronic transactions. It also lets your bank determine whether you get money out of an ATM or not.

Trust me, I'm as internet-skeptic as you are, however we're dealing with a complex system that has both taken over and replaced a lot of our other telecommunications systems, without the internet phones don't work, and there are no telegraph lines left to replace it. Even the power grid is at some level tied to and controlled by the internet.

To an extent, we are fools, putting all of our eggs in one basket, however that basket is a multi-protocol, multi-path routing system that was designed from the beginning to operate during and after a nuclear war. For the most part, I would argue we need to bolster the strength of the internet, making it more resilient and more secure from the bottom up. Most of the proposals out there now are top-down, and will only create more central points of failure. It's important that we avoid this.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top