JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Has anyone seen the show "Doomsday Castle" on National Geographic? Apparently it is a spinoff of one of the featured families from Doomsday Preppers. The concept is cool, build a fortress in the wilderness with your large family, but in reality it is absurd. These people waste time on various "projects," while their "castle" stands atop a N. Carolina mountain without a roof, or any finishing. It is supposed to be multiple floors but there are none, it is just a big concrete husk. You can even go to google earth, type in "Doomsday Castle" and you can see exactly where it is. Secure eh?

Then there's the cast of loons that are on the show. The "Patriarch," as he's referred to seems honest and well-meaning, but a bit naive as to his family's dysfunctionality. His oldest son appears to be quite the loose cannon, and exhibits signs of someone who I would call "mentally ill." Upon research online, you can find his extensive arrest record for drug, alcohol, and assault-related offenses. Two of the daughters also have arrest records for similar things. Despite their criminality, the girls are quite easy to look at. This show would never have been made without them, I swear, it's the only reason anyone could tolerate the madness.

These idiots need a lesson in prioritization.

So, what are your thoughts on the show?

for the most part im with you there but i do select a few shows i watch, usually premium channel series. the above comment was mostly a joke, ive only watched a couple episodes.

I watched like a show and a half... their screwed up "water supply" show turned me off. A castle is a big damn target and could be turned in to a death trap for the defenders and I'd bet clearly this is a prop to get viewers, that and the push up bra on the daughter. I think a skilled sniper would have the advantage on these clowns and could pick them off one by one from farther away than they could spot him.
Good for a laugh unless idiotic drama and people frustrate you. That's my take, YMMV.

Brutus Out

I watched like a show and a half... their screwed up "water supply" show turned me off. A castle is a big damn target and could be turned in to a death trap for the defenders and I'd bet clearly this is a prop to get viewers, that and the push up bra on the daughter. I think a skilled sniper would have the advantage on these clowns and could pick them off one by one from farther away than they could spot him.
Good for a laugh unless idiotic drama and people frustrate you. That's my take, YMMV.

Brutus Out

agreed, even if completed it has very little actual fortification there. anything past .223 will penetrate that door and the block walls would go down with a good hit at ~20 mph in a pickup with a grill guard. a log cabin would have been a far superior design and may have even been cheaper.

The other day I had a bunch of family over, but alas I have work to do, so once my brother showed up with the kids, I took this as an opportunity to let the twins occupy my parents and wife. Some time later I came in and my dad was watching this show... since I had just gotten done with a marathon stint working on the mill, I was too tired to get away.

It was definitely an exercise in the banal, I felt my IQ dropping as the show continued as I was actually trying to put order and logic to what I was seeing. I could feel my sanity slipping from my grasp as the show continued.

I crawled back to my room, watched several episodes of ren and stimpy (to try to reassert my mental order) and then curled up in a fetal position and cried myself to sleep. That show is a full fusillade of stupid, its somewhere between jerry springer, and one of those home improvement shows where rank amateurs try to completely remodel a house, mixed with one of those human disaster shows.

It's actually encouraged me to seriously consider dumping TV, personally I like watching modern marvels, how it's made, and a bunch of other info-tainment shows they have on the military channel. But I think I've seen nearly all of them, and if they're wasting subscriber dollars to make crap like this, there's really no point. What's next real housewives of the apocalypse?

I liked the episode where the brother and sister were blowing a stump up. They had about five sticks of TNT strapped to the stump. They then got back about 50 yrds and tried to detonate it behind their car hood fort. OMG!!! Im not sure how these people have lived this long. Anyway, the TNT did not go off when they tried to detonate it. So the kids approach it with a car hood as a shield. WTF???? How is this gonna help you if it goes off? :bash:

This show is entertaining. I cant stop watching it.

@AMProducts, man that is the best comment I've heard on anything in a long time. "Watched several episodes of Ren & Stimpy to try and reassert my mental order," LMFAO, I died laughing, no joke.

@Oregonty, that was the most absurd thing I've ever seen on television. The kid was like "oh well, I was only gonna use half a stick, but then saw I had 5 whole sticks so I just tied them all to the stump." Seriously, how stupid can you be? And I don't think that was even 50yds, probably only like 100ft. Then when it didn't go off the first time they actually tried approaching it? WOW. It would be marginally safer to try and detonate it by throwing molotovs.

You guys notice how it took until the very end of the season to be like "huh, maybe we should put a roof on this f&^*$%g place, right?"

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top