JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I know in central Oregon Bend memorial clinic collects information like if you have guns and puts it in to a data base that can be access buy there insurance company other doctor offices and government agency's including fema. Because it is not considered medical information just statistical data they can give it to any government agency that ask

I've been asked that by pediatricians before when taking my son in for care in Portland. The honest answer is that I don't care to affirm or deny owning a gun. If someone believes that I own guns, I could become the target of a burglary to steal those guns. If someone believes that I do not own guns, they may decide that my family is an easy target. But then again, if I go on record as saying I own a gun, that's just one fact that could make some wacko child welfare officer decide to take away my kid. So as bad as I hate to compromise my honesty, that's one question I will always have to say no to if asked by anyone linked to any government agency with the power to take away your kids.

And that may sound paranoid . . but the fact is that my wife used to do home visits as a parole officer and she witnessed first hand welfare officers manipulating facts to take kids out of homes to place them with friends who are foster parents. Some foster parents are purely doing it as a business and it's sick what goes on. For example, they argued that because a home did not have air conditioning, that it was an unfit place for small children. I was 35 before I ever lived in a house with air conditioning. Another one was when they argued that the fact that the homeowner was using a kitchen drawer to hold up a garbage bag for kitchen trash, that it was a sign that the house was an unfit environment. According to my wife, it's pretty common to see the garbage bag on a kitchen drawer thing in African American households and that it was just a cultural preference over using kitchen trash bins. She called the welfare officer out on what they were doing and made a big stink about it. She knew they were just trying to funnel kids to their foster parent friends.

Wait a minute....
What is this site? What is the average topic? - Guns (well that and unfortunately paranoia).
You are here.
It does NOT matter what you answer at your docs office, you are on this site - That's called "too late", if you're really that paranoid.

My Dr does not ask on any form or write it down anywhere, he does not care whether you do or not, hunts big game himself or atleast used to, enjoys fishing - is a normal great to be around guy. Sounds like you picked the wrong Dr.

I think there is another thread asking why non-gun owners think we are strange. Here is your answer. The direct line to unsupported conspiracy. The makers of aluminum foil should advertise tin hats on this website:)

My Doc knows, Tests my lead levels (Elevated, but dropping, wouldn't have known if I'd lied to him!)

I'll hopefully be taking his Head Nurse, her Husband and their Son to the range to give them the "prospective member" tour in the next week or two.

Must suck for you folks who have doctors that suffer from rectal-cranial inversion.

I know the conversation the boys and I will have tonight. I never gave any thought to them being asked this by medical care or school. I to will not have to teach them the blank stare move.

Anything that does not pertain to your medical care (including seat belt use, unless you wer just in an auto accident) is none of the doctor's, insurance company's, government's or anyone elses business. Just run a line through the whole batch and put NA on that line.

Wait a minute....
What is this site? What is the average topic? - Guns (well that and unfortunately paranoia).
You are here.
It does NOT matter what you answer at your docs office, you are on this site - That's called "too late", if you're really that paranoid.

My Dr does not ask on any form or write it down anywhere, he does not care whether you do or not, hunts big game himself or atleast used to, enjoys fishing - is a normal great to be around guy. Sounds like you picked the wrong Dr.

I'm assuming that you don't go to a pediatrician. I don't think big boy doctors ask that question.

And that was back in Portland. Now we live in Central Oregon where we don't have to put up with as much of that. None of his doctors here have asked that.

How does this get past HEPA regulations?

HIPPA, is a federal law that restricts the sharing of any information from a person's medical record that links an individual contact /person to the information with out written prior approval from the patient. Enough said sharing gun info is not happening and cannot by law. Thanks for pointing out HIPPA

HIPPA, is a federal law that restricts the sharing of any information from a person's medical record that links an individual contact /person to the information with out written prior approval from the patient. Enough said sharing gun info is not happening and cannot by law. Thanks for pointing out HIPPA

Sorry on the misspelling of the name. But I knew something was there that prevented this.

I'm assuming that you don't go to a pediatrician. I don't think big boy doctors ask that question.

And that was back in Portland. Now we live in Central Oregon where we don't have to put up with as much of that. None of his doctors here have asked that.

Your local doctors probley have more guns then you. Take a look at your doctors bill how many guns could you buy for that amount.

Even the NRA says this is BS. OMG, George Soros and the New World Order have taken over the NRA!

<broken link removed>

There sure are a lot of people on this forum that think anyone that disagrees with them is a tinfoil hat wearing nut case with a untreatable case of paranoia. I can't understand why some here refuse to acknowledge the truth.
I did a simple Google search about Doctors asking paitents about guns and found a lot of information from credible sources.
Google Doctors asking patients about gun ownership. Ken

I was once asked that question by a doctor on my first and last visit to his office about 12 years ago. I politely told him no, which was an obvious lie because I was wearing a tee shirt from a Trap shooting tournament I had attended. He continued to push the topic, and I could tell by his demeanor, along with the conversation, he was a flaming liberal. He said something like, "Don't you think it is dangerous to own firearms and keep them in the home?" I replied, "Nowhere near as dangerous as allowing you to treat me after this conversation!" I left and never again returned. That was the one and only time I was ever asked anything even remotely like that again.

Took the 12 yr old grandson in to the Dr's today for a sports physical and shot. I was waiting for any questions about guns from the Dr., none were asked. This was Vancouver Clinic.

On edit:
Last night I got to looking at the printout they gave us regarding his health, on page two I found this
Safety Tips
Cigarettes, drugs and alcohol are often offered to teenagers. Practice "saying no" with your child. Help him be prepared.
Teach you child gun safety. They should never play around with guns. Help them practice walking away if their friends have guns. If you keep guns in your home, make sure they are unloaded and locked up.

Guess they aren't as unbiased as I originally thought. Time to write them a letter expressing my disappointment in their non-medical views on guns.

Your local doctors probable have more guns then you. Take a look at your doctors bill how many guns could you buy for that amount.
My wife went in for an iron infusion. There was a charge of $600 for a Dr. I was with her the whole hour and a half. There was NEVER a Dr. to be seen, not even one walking through the infusion center and there were at least 10 people there. Now, if everyone was charged that amount they just made $6,000 for doing nothing. I need to call my insurance company and see about it I guess.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top