JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm just a messenger of information...its not propaganda when innocent people are being harass by govt officials.

When you spread created and biased information with no verification you are spreading propaganda.

That story has been discussed in detail and all it is about is a guy with a beef with both immigrants and authority that purposely created a conflict with the law, willfully disobeyed a legal order, physically resisted legal actions from authorities, and then cried about it later. he created an inncident and then spun it to make himself seem like a victim when he is really just someone looking for trouble.

The really interesting thing here is that, if you watch the video, you see that he clearly violates the law. I understand the Fourth provides against warrantless search but its not unconditional. USBPA has an exception under the law for these checkpoints.

Its not that any of this was new to Anderson. He lived in Az and these things are commonplace there. He got what he got because he violated the law and whined like a little baby about it later.

Although I like that people still want to fight for our rights. I got in a spat with other members here because of this video.

And while I am the first one to say we need to protect our rights by any way possible. I think it's people like the guy in this video that makes our fight a joke to the people that matter.
You can find ways to turn any law or rule, but that fact is our country needs to be protected and although LEs can't violate our rights I would rather have them use every tool possible to protect us.
And the fight against LEOs I think is just guys that got beat up as kid not liking peole still showing them authority. OR! People that break the law and want to try to grab the Constitution to get away with being idiots.

Either way were well on our way to fighting for our rights in another war against out Gov't. It's a disgusting circle that will go till the end of the world.
People get in power and then abuse. And those people will only stop for one reason, someone makes them.

I understand the Fourth provides against warrantless search but its not unconditional.
It doesn't even do that. The text of the Fourth Amendment normally considered to be the "correct" or "final" form reads thus:
The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

In a legal reading, the Fourth Amendment does two things:
1) It protects people from unreasonablesearch and seizure, and
2) It provides that a warrant shall not be issued without probable cause, and goes on to specify that a warrant should describe the nature of the search or seizure.

It really doesn't obligate that a warrant first be obtained prior to a search and/or seizure.

The Fifth Amendment is even less applicable to this guy's rant. In fact, as it doesn't appear that he was arrested or charged with a crime (though I admit that I killed the window about three minutes into the video), it doesn't apply at all.

It doesn't even do that. The text of the Fourth Amendment normally considered to be the "correct" or "final" form reads thus:

In a legal reading, the Fourth Amendment does two things:
1) It protects people from unreasonablesearch and seizure, and
2) It provides that a warrant shall not be issued without probable cause, and goes on to specify that a warrant should describe the nature of the search or seizure.

It really doesn't obligate that a warrant first be obtained prior to a search and/or seizure.

The Fifth Amendment is even less applicable to this guy's rant. In fact, as it doesn't appear that he was arrested or charged with a crime (though I admit that I killed the window about three minutes into the video), it doesn't apply at all.
Well, basically, it does provide wording dealing with warrantless searches.

Well, basically, it does provide wording dealing with warrantless searches.
Correct. It expressly bars unreasonable search and seizure in this context. By extension, reasonable searches and seizures are at least not prohibited, if not implicitly permitted. It does not define what is "unreasonable", however, and does not provide any kind of blanket protection against search or seizure in the absence of a warrant (indeed, some may argue that probable cause itself creates a sort of ad hoc warrant).

our government was put in place to SERVE US (the citizens). being in such a position, i don't think it's asking too much of the police officers to give a real reason for the search (even if the pastor's behavior is what made them suspicious). i don't think it's asking too much that the police bring the dog out once more to back up their story.
attack the pastor all you want, but it looks like the cops lied because how could the dog smell something when there wasn't anything illegal in the car?

Perhaps, but should be fought in the courts, not on the spot. Anything else is anarchy and is ultimately more destructive to a properly functioning legal system. Such actions end up causing more abuse of power than it would supposedly fight. I come into close contact with LEO's of many flavors including border patrol, and this kind of adam henry has a vastly greater negative effect on the "system" and the people in it than you might imagine, making it worse for citizens and better for the law breakers.

i'll say again:
you might feel that the pastor was being some kind of instigator here, but the cops did lie.

No buts. He is an instigator and clearly violated the laws of man and God if he is truly a pastor of the gospel. Romans 13:1-3 makes that pretty clear.

our government was put in place to SERVE US (the citizens). being in such a position, i don't think it's asking too much of the police officers to give a real reason for the search (even if the pastor's behavior is what made them suspicious). i don't think it's asking too much that the police bring the dog out once more to back up their story.
attack the pastor all you want, but it looks like the cops lied because how could the dog smell something when there wasn't anything illegal in the car?

i'll say again:
you might feel that the pastor was being some kind of instigator here, but the cops did lie.
So, just because this guy tells you there is nothing is in the car, he's telling the truth? Before calling the cops liars, know what you're talking about. You say "it looks like the cops lied" but you don't know.

He did instigate the the confrontation- he decided that he wanted to disobey the law.

how could the dog smell something when there wasn't anything illegal in the car?

I ran a drug dog for 7 years, and they will pick up the scent of something, even if it was left there for awhile.

So, the dog will hit on things even if they are no longer there, as the scent will linger.

I think the LE is going after guys like this to avoid profiling charges
No, they did not "go after" him. He went to great lengths deliberately instigating the situation. I would not be surprised at all if he "primed" the car for the drug dogs. It is a common practice when seeking confrontations like this.

This guy is clearly just trying to draw attention and make himself a national figure.

No, they did not "go after" him. He went to great lengths deliberately instigating the situation. I would not be surprised at all if he "primed" the car for the drug dogs. It is a common practice when seeking confrontations like this.

This guy is clearly just trying to draw attention and make himself a national figure.

Pretty thin stuff you are spreading.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads