Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Dont Know Why, But I laughed when I saw this....

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by R-Rizzo, Dec 3, 2010.

1. R-Rizzo

R-Rizzo NW Oregon Member

2. Rix

Rix Tacoma Active Member

Wonder how many of the city officials aren't really needed.

3. MrNiceGuy

MrNiceGuy between springfield and shelbyville Well-Known Member

I hear that.
    When I was still in highschool, there was 2 administrators for every teacher... and they were still in the process of teacher layoffs when I graduated.

It's been awhile since then, but last I checked... things hadnt got any better.

4. MountainBear

MountainBear Sweet Home, OR Well-Known Member

Yeah, I find it hard to laugh when police officers and firefighters are being laid off. It just sucks. These are (mostly) hard working people with families to support, just like the rest of us.

I agree, it's ironic that cops and firefighters are being laid off in a high crime area. I just can't help but think of the human cost here...

5. R-Rizzo

R-Rizzo NW Oregon Member

Only problem with "City Officials" is that they're usually the ones in charge of who stays and who goes... And of course they're not going to show them selves the door.

And IIRC, doesn't NJ have pretty horrendous gun laws? So now, can you still not protect yourself, but you have no reason to bother the cops either cause they're a good 15-20 minutes away....

6. atypicalparkie

atypicalparkie sowfeast poetland, ohraygun Member

jeesh years ago ('99) I was doing a project with Kosovar Albanian refugees at Ft. Dix, and we went to Philly at the invite of some Albanian people who'd been resettled there... I've been to bad areas, lived in bad areas, but the particular area of Philly our hosts lived in....:huh::paranoid: The Albanian people living there weren't at all concerned with the gunfire we heard more than once that night, it was far better than it had been in Kosovo. When we asked them "why haven't we heard any police sirens?" they looked at us like we were equal parts naive and insane... our host asked his young daughter to translate a phrase for us-- that phrase being "we have many of the shot guns."

7. PrDubi

PrDubi Deep in the heart of Dirty South Salem Active Member

I have no answer or solutions to this.....other than maybe allowing people to basically DEFEND themselves and do more neighborhood watch or just publicly carry guns or something..

not sure but this is very sad

8. Redcap

Redcap Lewis County, WA Well-Known Member

Sounds like they are trying to let the problem solve itself.

9. BigCat

BigCat Portland Member

Why don't the politicians take a little pay cut and that money can be put into the police and firefighting systems?

10. SloBone21

SloBone21 OREGON Member

I can't believe you would even suggest this! Shame on you! :laugh:

11. revjen45

revjen45 Snohomish County Well-Known Member

The tapeworms always lay off cops and firefighters to scare the Sheeple that spending cuts will result in horrendous loss of public safety.