Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Don't Get Too Comfortable... Chris Matthews says Obama to Push Gun Control after all

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by whatzhizname, Jan 25, 2011.

1. whatzhizname

whatzhizname Southern Oregon and occasionally PDX Member

2. 22many

22many PNW Well-Known Member

I don't think we will see any of that anytime soon. Remember, elections aren't that far away.

3. deen_ad

deen_ad Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

Actually I think we are starting to see it with the latest BATF "regulations", the appointments to government positions and SCOTUS.

----------------------------------------------------------

The "Feedback Score" is low by 4, not everyone posts it I guess.

Deen
    NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
    WAC member
    SWWAC member

4. 22many

22many PNW Well-Known Member

Good point. I just look at it as the BATF has to come out with a new rule now and then to justify keeping them around.

5. PlayboyPenguin

PlayboyPenguin Pacific Northwest Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer

Nice to know that th POTUS shares all his plans with Chris Matthews. Talk about delusions of grandeur.

6. Jamie6.5

Jamie6.5 Western OR Well-Known Member

7. clearconscience

clearconscience Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

I fear the govt that fears my guns!

8. jvbutter

jvbutter Cornelius, Or Active Member

Remember, the govt does not like competition...

9. atypicalparkie

atypicalparkie sowfeast poetland, ohraygun Member

The 'senior advisers' and un-named 'senior White House officials' always spin spin spin like cyclones and will nuance their answers depending on the setting... the current admin want to win in 2012 above all else, and I think they know they'll utterly eradicate any chance of that by muscling for new gun control laws... especially with the avalanche of other more pressing issues we have to deal with. Again, I won't be gettin comfy any time soon, and not just about our 2A rights. I bet we'll see more 'feel good' legislation come up that'll never make it out of committee, or die in the house. Both sides can then claim that they served their constituents...

10. Cougfan2

Cougfan2 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

Bingo!

11. Dennis316

Dennis316 Seattle Member

i dont understand why there always has to be "new gun control laws"...theres always something new coming at us from these morons...why dont they fix the stuff they screwed up already THEN move on to something else? politicians are the biggest pieces of crap in society

12. Jamie6.5

Don't overlook the sentiment the press has generated this month covering the Gifford's shooting and the killing and/or wounding of 13 LEOs nationwide recently.
    National sentiment immediately after 9/11 had many applauding the patriot act too.
    Never fail to recognize the press and the politician's ability to drum up support for stupid laws in the wake of (a) "crisis" event(s).
    Whether we think it is warranted or not.

I would at least expect the admin to throw their support behind McCarthy's bill to ban hi-cap mags, and/or roll us back into an AWB type restriction on same.

13. matt_w

matt_w Hillsboro, OR Active Member

I stopped reading after I saw:

14. jvbutter

jvbutter Cornelius, Or Active Member

If you use exsisting laws, then what are law makers to do while on capitol hill all year???? Yes I agree with you... less regulation and new laws, push the exsisting laws to the limit

Last edited: Jan 26, 2011
  15. A.I.P.

A.I.P. UpperUS Active Member

I believe that the "media" is now 90% controled by this Regime. The word goes out to the NY Times and every Lefty on TV apes what they print, just like in the old Soviet Union and China today.
    I have my doubts that there will be anything other than a farce of an election in 2012. Instead there will be a cascade of terrorist attacks, riots, food and fuel shortages plus new taxes that will drive America into becoming a totalitarian 3rd world, Marxist nation, enslaved to China.
    After that, life will become very dire indeed.

16. Dave Workman

Dave Workman Western Washington Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Did Obama skip guns, or just postpone remarks in State of the Union?

Gun prohibitionist groups including the Seattle-based Washington CeaseFire, the Brady Campaign and Violence Policy Center were disappointed by Tuesday’s State of the Union address in which they hoped for some meaningful comments on gun control by Barack Obama, though veteran Olympia gun rights lobbyist Joe Waldron isn’t sure they should throw in the towel just yet.

Did Obama skip guns, or just postpone remarks in State of the Union? - Seattle gun rights | Examiner.com

Or try this:

Did Obama skip guns, or just postpone remarks in State of the Union? - Seattle gun rights | Examiner.com

17. 2506

2506 Seattle Well-Known Member

Great. Now all the mouthbreathers are going to make a run on components again. And just when I was getting my inventory built up.

18. elsullo

elsullo Portland Oregon New Member

Leftist? Since when is Chris Matthews a leftist? I learned to ignore him twenty years ago because of his fanatic right-wing propaganda rants.........................elsullo

19. Jamie6.5

Ever since he got that "shiver/tingle up his leg."
    That was his conversion moment apparently, cuz he's a dyed-in-the-wool demo-left-crat now.

20. MA Duce

MA Duce Central Oregon Well-Known Member

He is not a leftist..he is a capitalist..he will spout the rhetoric of whichever side pays him the most. If you attach ANY credence to his "political beliefs" just wait for a bigger paycheck to come along and watch him weathervane.