JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Don't eat the fish on the streets, Newark residents warned...:eek:

<broken link removed>

Fish were caught or found in flooded sewers, rivers, streams, and ponds after heavy rains doused Newark, New Jersey. (NEWS 12 NJ photo)
MYFOXNY.COM/AP -
The fish is not for eating. That's what Newark officials are saying to residents about the fish that have washed onto the streets following recent flooding.

The fish were caught or found in flooded sewers, rivers, streams, and ponds after heavy rains doused the city.

The alert was issued Monday by the city's Health and Community Wellness Department.

Officials urged people to not trap, catch or eat any fish caught on the streets because it's unclear how "exposure to elements outside of their natural domains will affect them."

There are several ponds and lakes in the region where fishing is permitting.

7948254_G.jpg

Don't eat the fish on the streets, Newark residents warned...:eek:

<broken link removed>

Fish were caught or found in flooded sewers, rivers, streams, and ponds after heavy rains doused Newark, New Jersey. (NEWS 12 NJ photo)
MYFOXNY.COM/AP -
The fish is not for eating. That's what Newark officials are saying to residents about the fish that have washed onto the streets following recent flooding.

The fish were caught or found in flooded sewers, rivers, streams, and ponds after heavy rains doused the city.

The alert was issued Monday by the city's Health and Community Wellness Department.

Officials urged people to not trap, catch or eat any fish caught on the streets because it's unclear how "exposure to elements outside of their natural domains will affect them."

There are several ponds and lakes in the region where fishing is permitting.

I would not eat them but I would be fishing from my porch!

Well, they had tags on the toilets at OHSU CHH reminding people not to drink from the toilet, so people eating sewer carp should not come as a surprise.

Well, they had tags on the toilets at OHSU CHH reminding people not to drink from the toilet, so people eating sewer carp should not come as a surprise.

Why are you not supposed to drink from the toilets there? Are they dirty or something??!!

Seriously though place only put up a sign if there is a consistent problem going on....I cannot imagine just sitting in a meeting and saying "ya know I think we should warn people to not drink for the crappers".

back in the day, i knew people who would catch crappie from the sewers. I remember feeling like a idiot with a little rod with a line going into the sewer-trap in the street and pulling out little crappie from it.

back in the day, i knew people who would catch crappie from the sewers. I remember feeling like a idiot with a little rod with a line going into the sewer-trap in the street and pulling out little crappie from it.

So that's where "Obubblegum" prez grew up the one that didn't get caught.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top