Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Don't eat the fish !

Discussion in 'Northwest Fishing' started by Chee-to, Jun 2, 2015.

1. Chee-to

Chee-to Oregon Well-Known Member

Don't eat the fish on the streets, Newark residents warned...:eek:

7948254_G.jpg

Fish were caught or found in flooded sewers, rivers, streams, and ponds after heavy rains doused Newark, New Jersey. (NEWS 12 NJ photo)
    MYFOXNY.COM/AP -
    The fish is not for eating. That's what Newark officials are saying to residents about the fish that have washed onto the streets following recent flooding.

The fish were caught or found in flooded sewers, rivers, streams, and ponds after heavy rains doused the city.

The alert was issued Monday by the city's Health and Community Wellness Department.

Officials urged people to not trap, catch or eat any fish caught on the streets because it's unclear how "exposure to elements outside of their natural domains will affect them."

There are several ponds and lakes in the region where fishing is permitting.

2. 40calruler

40calruler Lake Oswego Well-Known Member

I would not eat them but I would be fishing from my porch!

Slobray and solv3nt like this.
  3. edslhead

edslhead Vanc Gold Supporter Gold Supporter Silver Supporter Bronze Supporter

Looks like a carp, not the best eating:rolleyes:

Slobray likes this.
  4. 308

308 ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ Platinum Supporter Silver Supporter

Well, they had tags on the toilets at OHSU CHH reminding people not to drink from the toilet, so people eating sewer carp should not come as a surprise.

5. 40calruler

40calruler Lake Oswego Well-Known Member

Why are you not supposed to drink from the toilets there? Are they dirty or something??!!

Seriously though place only put up a sign if there is a consistent problem going on....I cannot imagine just sitting in a meeting and saying "ya know I think we should warn people to not drink for the crappers".

6. mrblond

mrblond Salem OR Well-Known Member

back in the day, i knew people who would catch crappie from the sewers. I remember feeling like a idiot with a little rod with a line going into the sewer-trap in the street and pulling out little crappie from it.

7. cmica

cmica puy Active Member

So that's where "Obubblegum" prez grew up the one that didn't get caught.

8. P7id10T

P7id10T Cedar Hills Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

If people saw the sewage treatment ponds that are used for raising tilapia over in China, they would gladly eat the carp washed up in NJ.