JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Was over at Tri County this afternoon and had a jam in my XD 9 Tactical.

Fired three rounds from the mag and then the fourth bunged up the system and I could not open the slide. So, I bagged the gun and brought it home (somewhat nervously as I could do nothing at the range). I managed to 'pop' the ejector and free the slide from the round and then levered(carefully) the round from the chamber.

Looks like when I dropped a round during loading (and I am fairly sure it was this one) it must have tilted the bullet in the casing. The round was all askance and there was a distinct bulge at the base of the bullet that caused it to jam in the chamber!

So, a lesson there is "handle your rounds a little more carefully, especially when there is concrete beneath you!

Interesting... and serves as a reminder that anything can happen so it's always a good idea to inspect every round both after loading AND while loading into the mag. Glad to hear you were able to get the round out without an accidental discharge. :s0155:

correct me if i am wrong but the proper term is negligent discharge lets try to keep the proper terms in use as the gun haters will use it against us !! pardon my spelling :)

Now you made me do it... I had to go look up both words to see which was most appropriate in this case.

Hmmmm... could go either way I guess, though I still tend to lean towards "accidental". :s0092:

Jury? What say you?? ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Accidental because he wasn't being careless. Now if he does it again it would be negligent cause he should've known better.:D

Not in this case. With a case stuck, there was nothing to be done. There was no negligence on his part.

Maybe it was your dropped round, but is it at all possible the feed ramp tilted the bullet back? Feed ramps usually just push the bullet straight back into the casing, but it would be interesting to check. Try a light-crimp on a no powder/primer round and chamber it, see what happens!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top