JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
hunter.gif

Drone Munition: New line at ammo company meant to 'protect privacy' — and down drones
Advertising outreach warns of a "Drone Apocalypse'

By Jennifer Harper - The Washington Times - Updated: 3:22 p.m. on Monday, August 24, 2015

Now ready for citizens concerned their privacy is at stake in an increasing drone-friendly culture: Snake River Shooting Products has just introduced Drone Munition shot shell based defense rounds. "Prepare for the Drone Apocalypse," the Idaho-based company warns in its first advertising outreach for the new line, which they describe as a "12 gauge 3-inch shot shell solution aimed at defending against drone-based privacy concerns and terror."

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/aug/24/drone-munition-new-line-ammo-company-meant-protect/

High pressure water hose is less likely to end in your arrest but out in the country - let er rip. Privacy laws ought to cover drones - seems most places the law doesn't address thus so any perv with a few bucks can hover a drone outside your window or above your property and view and record anything you/your family does in or out of your house because its airborne and not touching your property.

Maybe property rights should include airspace a couple hundred feet agl except for manned aircraft or emergency use.

I live in east vanc and every once in a while there's a drone that flies and kinda hovers overhead near my house. I've seen it a handful of times in the last year. Thought about following it. I'm pretty sure I know what area it comes out of.
If I thought it was watching my kids I would definetly pay them a visit.
I think about all the pervs and child molsters that can't go where kids are, but they can use those.

There needs to be some regulations put in place to keep these airborne snoops out. Haven't had any over my place yet, that I know of, but would be tempted to do a bit of "pass shooting" if I did.

Didn't Donald Trump successfully sue for the air space over one of his buildings? Supposedly he claimed that the ground footprint and up to a certain altitude was his. Only he can fly over the building - to land his helicopter - and everyone else has to fly around the airspace.

I am looking for reference and cannot find it.

If this is true, why wouldn't the airspace over your property be considered yours - to a certain altitude.

Not being in city limits, or a residential neighborhood, treat them as expensive clay-targets. ;)

I just had a new line ran to my house and they had to put in a new pole.
They told me that it was because of aerial trespass laws.

The potato gun sounds like fun but the damage caused when it comes back down would be more then just the cost of the potato.

Within city limits, I still think the hose is the most "civil" solution. When they come looking for it, because you know they will, that's when you have the conversation about aerial trespassing.

image.jpg

And I don't see how its any different that a neighbors tree limb growing over the property line. If you don't like it and its on your side, you absolutely have the right to cut it off at the property line.

Last Edited:
What I have been looking at building was an air cannon and possibly using water balloons. or some other material that would have weight to the target then disperse.

Bigger then this video but along the same idea.

What I have been looking at building was an air cannon and possibly using water balloons. or some other material that would have weight to the target then disperse.

Bigger then this video but along the same idea.
I built a giant water balloon sling shot in my back yard on an old wire spool that i could dial in to most front doors or cars in my old neighborhood. I used an old pair of xcountry skies and braided surgical tubing. I could fling them about as far as I wanted.

I did see a guy out when I was golfing years ago. He was flying a gas powered helocopter. That thing was fast as heck and super cool. It was loud though.
That guy had some serious skills flying that helo.

Antidrone-drone warfare. Get an inexpensive RC helicopter. Tie length of braided "superline" type fishing line to the skids with a loop. Attach a 1-3 ounce lead weight - your choice to said mono. Fly your anti-drone above the intruder and run the line/weight into their props. The superbraid fishing lines require very sharp knives/scissors/razors to cut. The plastic rotors on most drones won't do the trick, however they will no doubt entangle with the braided fishing line, it'll yank the line off your skids, meanwhile it's going to spin the crap out of that lead weight and throw the intruder drone out of balance and out of whack. Probably burn up the motor for the entangled rotor - maybe even wreck the drone.

Even if things go poorly and your drone crashes with the intruder - you're out a lot less than the intruder's pilot is.

Or if you don't like the fishing line/weight idea - you could just kamikaze your cheap drone into their spendy one.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top