JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I went in today just to see if they had anything new, they did, shelves full of ammo! Winchester Wildcats $5.99/50. wwb 9mm bonus pack $35.99/100. wwb 45acp$37.99/50.

$60 a brick for Wildcats, arguably the worst 22 round ever made? $50 a brick for Blazer 22's. Joe flat out told me that his wholesalers are nailing him hard and hes not making much. I know for a fact that is a lie! Im not going to grip for $20 for a brick of 22's but $60? Until he becomes reasonable I suggest going somewhere else!

I'm hoping that he is just computer illiterate because it only took me a short time to find the same brick for $20-25 online. If you run a business and your supplier is cheating you, then you find an alternate supplier.

Either he is lying or won't budge from his supplier. Let the fools support him.

I have a friend that has a dealers license and he says the wholesalers prices haven't increased they just don't have any ammo in stock. Also a lot of the distributors are not willing to back order ammo.

I live in salem, dont know this guy or his shop. But on of the things that keeps running through my mind is this. We all love guns. And I for one love gun shops. In normal conditions when you can get ammo this guy might get $10 a box for XXX and sell 10 of them in the course of the month. Currently if a shop is getting 10% of what they order they are doing better than every one else. So in order to pay the bills and keep the doors open for all of us it would only make sense that the one box per month that he is getting he would have to make 10x the profit on it. ( I can promise you that just becuase he cannot replace his ammo right now doesnt mean that he doesnt have to pay his mortgage, power, phone, lights, and the huge liability insurance bill.) I am not calling you out but alot of people simply havent thought about the fact that if they sold it all at normal price there would be nothing left to sell next month and the store would close and we would all be screwed!
I was at my favorite local shop this last week and a guy came in and asked how much the 10mm ammo was. The owner responded with a question "are you buying a gun today? the customer said "no, I already have one" the owner said the ammo is $600 a box and comes with a free Glock all that you have to do is pay for the background check. He then told the person that the ammo was really only $20 per box however he had to reserve it for people that were buying guns from him.

Simple economics....supply and demand...if you don't like the price, don't buy the product. Then the price will drop. People have been selling things for whatever they can get since the dawn of time. This is no different.

I live in salem, dont know this guy or his shop. But on of the things that keeps running through my mind is this. We all love guns. And I for one love gun shops. In normal conditions when you can get ammo this guy might get $10 a box for XXX and sell 10 of them in the course of the month. Currently if a shop is getting 10% of what they order they are doing better than every one else. So in order to pay the bills and keep the doors open for all of us it would only make sense that the one box per month that he is getting he would have to make 10x the profit on it. ( I can promise you that just becuase he cannot replace his ammo right now doesnt mean that he doesnt have to pay his mortgage, power, phone, lights, and the huge liability insurance bill.) I am not calling you out but alot of people simply havent thought about the fact that if they sold it all at normal price there would be nothing left to sell next month and the store would close and we would all be screwed!

This is a good point I hadn't considered, however, I still vote with my dollar. I can't afford to fund the little guy's overhead because that's what he has to charge. Perhaps it's just a better time to stock up on guns rather than ammo.

Went in to one of our Local Buy/Sell stores and there was 260 9MM in Plastic boxes (4) 2 100 2 50, I paid 60.00 for all but don't think it was a smoken deal but going over east for 7 Days and need some rounds, what do you think, 200 were New and the rest could be reloads......

I have tried to several items in the past myself from the tigard store and i get the same line of BS from steve at that store " it came from another store" i have to get the marked price. anyone who has ever traded in anything to these clowns knows the mark-up. Royd is so greedy he will even screw his friends for 5 bucks, i know people who "were" his friends. personally i dont even waste my time in any of his stores. As far as consignments go, they will sit on your money till you come calling, and tell you " we just sold it last week" i know this from past experience. so to all save your time and money

Until he becomes reasonable I suggest going somewhere else!

Dishonest people only get one chance to try and rip me off. Once they try, I won't be back, ever. Nuts to need trumping cost. There are enough honest people trying to make a reasonable profit to get what I need. See Jason Sullivan in Salem. Sure he makes money, but he isn't gouging. Kudos.

Patronize those not gouging and the gougers will feel the pinch. Yes, supply and demand will bring buisness to these people, but it won't be my buisness...

Went in to one of our Local Buy/Sell stores and there was 260 9MM in Plastic boxes (4) 2 100 2 50, I paid 60.00 for all but don't think it was a smoken deal but going over east for 7 Days and need some rounds, what do you think, 200 were New and the rest could be reloads......

Dude, you really need to use correct capitalization, punctuation and phrasing, I can hardly tell what you're saying... :s0155:

Not a bad deal considering prices folks are paying right now. Someone on this forum was/is recently asking $55 for a box of 100 .45ACP and $40+ for 100 rounds of 9mm! All stuff he bought from Walmart, too.

Just be careful buying someone elses reloads. Could be trouble.

A couple weeks ago I was at Gun Broker at old 82nd and I205 and was looking at the $59.99 box (500) of Winchester 22lr.

Now let me say.............I am a true capitalist, what ever the markets bear..............

However, when the "lizard looking" employee of Gun Broker tells a customer that the wholeseller charged them $50 for a single brick and they are not really making any money....................

I would suspect that this place lacks any integrity and lied to this customer. people will see what they are asking for this stuff (maybe they don't understand what advertising on those price tags does) and will most likely avoid such a business when the normal cyclical cycle goes the other direction. Think "that is the most over priced place you can go, go anywhere but there"

I will never go near this business and have told at least a dozen people the same, FEAR THE LIZARD............

If Wal/Bi Mart can still sell the 9mm Blazer Brass 50 ct box for $13, and the AE Bricks of .22 LR for $17, that tells me the wholesale price of ammo hasn't gone up that much. They have little to no stock on the shelves, so anything that IS on the shelves just came in... and is marked up their normal margin from their landed cost. Sure, they perhaps get a better price due to overall volume. Tactical Supply in Lakewood (Tacoma) have full shelves, and their prices are higher than the Marts, but not by much. Same with Cabelas. If this guy has to get a 500% markup on a given item, he''s in trouble businesswise anyway and won't be around long. He's upside down, and wanting ME to bail him out. Well, sorry, I'm NOT a proponent of bailouts..... at any level.

Was at Cabelas, bailing out a long gun I'd had on layaway two nights ago. Two customers had just bought pistols, needed ammo, none on the shelves out there. The outfitter went into the back and brought out one box of Blazer Brass to suit, quoted a very reasonable price (I think it was $17 for .40 S&W) and said "I like to make sure I've got at least a box I can send home with a new pistol.... so I snagged some aside from our last shipment before stocking the shelves". Same story with the chap who bought the 1911 in .45. Now if THEY can sell that ammo at that price, even with a new pistol, the wholesale prices haven't changed much from last fall.

I was impressed with that level of customer care.... the gents were buying the pistols anyway, getting the box of breakin ammo at retail was a bonus.

Now, tell me, which place do you think will get MY return business? Sure, Cabela's price is higher than the Marts.... and at times their stock is no more full. But no one is talling tall tales about high wholesale pricing, or making up stories how they've got to pay the mortgage even when their shelves are empty. Right, find another source, and let their stories impress others........

I love guns, and gun shops as well. However, I have had a few less than favorable experiences with 2 guns shops around. (won't name names here.)
I'm actually returning a product tomorrow to one of them because they sold an item as NEW, but was used and was only half there. Noticed once I got home.

I just vote with my dollar and do my research. I really enjoy FTF as it makes new friends and helps support the little guy. (And us Little Guys can use the CASH.) Plus any guns I trade I know will be treated well and appreciated just as I do with the guns I buy from you guys. They are so clean you can eat off of them! I shoot them, but they are kept Like New Clean and babied.

But the big guys have a purpose too. As a business owner myself, I understand markup and profit. The BIG GUYS have to mark things up more because of their huge overhead. Stock, Insurance, Rent or Lease, Employees, Taxes, etc etc etc. But you do still have to remain competitive with your pricing.
Trust me, it's a PAIN.

This is one reason I stopped renting an office and started working out of a home office.
I can offer cheaper rates to my customers and still give the best service! I have more flexibility with pricing when my overhead is low. I just can't stand raping people with pricing. Nice guys might not be the best "Business" people, but I am who I am.

That's my 2 Cents.

I have tried to several items in the past myself from the tigard store and i get the same line of BS from steve at that store " it came from another store" i have to get the marked price. anyone who has ever traded in anything to these clowns knows the mark-up. Royd is so greedy he will even screw his friends for 5 bucks, i know people who "were" his friends. personally i dont even waste my time in any of his stores. As far as consignments go, they will sit on your money till you come calling, and tell you " we just sold it last week" i know this from past experience. so to all save your time and money

Sounds like a common MO

A couple weeks ago I was at Gun Broker at old 82nd and I205 and was looking at the $59.99 box (500) of Winchester 22lr.

Now let me say.............I am a true capitalist, what ever the markets bear..............

However, when the "lizard looking" employee of Gun Broker tells a customer that the wholeseller charged them $50 for a single brick and they are not really making any money....................

I would suspect that this place lacks any integrity and lied to this customer. people will see what they are asking for this stuff (maybe they don't understand what advertising on those price tags does) and will most likely avoid such a business when the normal cyclical cycle goes the other direction. Think "that is the most over priced place you can go, go anywhere but there"

I will never go near this business and have told at least a dozen people the same, FEAR THE LIZARD............

Ah, Yes! The same lizard that told me they would only give me $10 bucks for a unopened $35 dollar brick of .380 ammo that was purchased FROM THEM the day before for BY ME for $35 bucks! I was told at another Gun Broker in Tigard they give full value for returned ammo. Once someone does something like that I NEVER trust anything they say. If you can't conduct business with honesty, I won't do business with you. It's that simple.

I have also purchased items from them they sold as "NEW", but were actually used I got home with it and opened it only to find tjat half the parts were there and were scratched an in poor condition.

I spent over $600 dollars with the Gun Broker, and have been in there 4 times. I'll even pay a little higher price for something I really want. But once I get jerked around, lied to, and BS'd, I avoid doing business with them for those reasons.

Fisher mans Marine Out door in Oregon City has some good deals on ammo.
Last I was there (Today) you can get a brick of 400 rounds of High Velocity Hollow Point American Eagle for $17.99. Two brick limit per customer.

Bottom line is, something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it.
If you have what I want, at a decent price, and you treat me with respect and honesty I will do business with you. If not, I move on with my money.

Word of Mouth can be living water or Scorching fire to a business or an individual. "A Good Name is valued above Gold" :s0155:

Sounds like a common MO

Just read this post. Same CRAP with me. At the Tigard Gun Broker I purchased a Brand New $425 dollar 9MM Taurus 24/7 Pro with two mags, and 100 rounds of FMJ. Total Price $490.
I never even opened the gun. After 2 days went by, I thought it over and decided to go with a smaller conceal carry gun. I went back and asked if I could trade it across for something. They said "Well, it is like driving a car off the lot, we can't sell it as new. We can give you $235 for it." Ahhhh What????
What a sham!

I was stupid and traded it and ended up coughing up another $35 bucks to make up the difference on another gun. I kicked myself all the way home.

I didn't know about Northwestfirearms.COM at the time or I would have sold it on here to someone who would appreciate a BRAND NEW GUN!

They lost my business for many reasons. I own my own business, and have always and will ALWAYS conduct business in a fair and truthful manor. In fact, I almost always give the customer MORE then they ever paid for. That's why my same customers keep coming back year after year.

I just move on and find someone else who will be honest with me and give me a fair price on what I'm looking for.

Bump! I just returned the Snap Caps to the Gun Broker in Tigard today that they sold me as NEW, but was missing rounds and was the rounds that were there were damaged because someone had used them and dry fired on them (that's a NO NO with snap caps.
They overly played Dumb about the whole Thing. "Used? What? Oh, let me see" It took two of the girls there to look over the little pack for a good 2 minutes. They hemmed and hawed. Then they refunded my money and shorted me a dollar on the refund and I had to call them on it.

Just my personal experience with them. You decide for yourself.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top