JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Didn't click but I'd bet money he was just trying to fix the flat on her mobile home and got shot for his troubles.
it's all in the details really

"Why is so much of this stuff always Florida??"

Some places seem to be a magnet for crazies.
Must be. For a while I used to think maybe all the Trailer Parks but that did not make sense. Other states have all kinds of those too so why this state all the damn time? Some talk shows even have segments along the lines of Florida....... making fun of this. When you read this particular story it is all about late night drinking. Still the comments from the Sheriff are funny as all hell.

Texas isnt much better. Its the trailer culture on a large scale. Its a little more reigned in in Texas because of all the churches . When the weather is nice, Your'e dumb as a post and you have been up on meth for 3 days its time to make money ...

Saw it this morning... I just LOVE a happy ending!!

Florida... IDK I thought maybe it was the wild and "independent" southern Florida, but it's central Florida. Polk county maybe is "special"???

Much of the publicity is due to Sheriff Grady Judd, he loves the microphone and gives lengthy reports on who what where when. My fav sheriff Grady quote... "Leave people alone! People have guns. They will shoot you dead. Graveyard dead."

Last Edited:
My fav sheriff Grady quote... "Leave people alone! People have guns. They will shoot you dead. Graveyard dead."

My favorite is his response to criticism when his deputies got into a shootout with a cop-killer, and shot him 62 times. "They'd have shot him more but ran out of bullets."

"Why is so much of this stuff always Florida??"

Some places seem to be a magnet for crazies.
I saw an article a while back that suggested it was because there was some law that mandates all arrests are made public. I guess there is a website or something where all the arrest reports pop up.

Over here in UK we unfailingly impressed with sheer size the of badges you guys all seem to wear - like the one the sheriff is wearing in his interview -

1598200737176.png

Over here sheriffs seem to look more like this one -

1598212049563.png

Councillor Jill Watson, Sheriff of Chester, Mrs tac's home town.

Over here in UK we unfailingly impressed with sheer size the of badges you guys all seem to wear - like the one the sheriff is wearing in his interview -

View attachment 739470

Over here sheriffs seem to look more like this one -

View attachment 739527

Councillor Jill Watson, Sheriff of Chester, Mrs tac's home town.
We have Shire Reeves that look like Jill over here too. Unfortunately, they are guys.

Florida is full of former New Yorkers.

Anyone want to bet against the correlation?
Just in the southern section close to the coasts and in Orlando. You've got to get up into the panhandle for the serious trailer park shenanigans. Take Pensacola and Tallahassee out of the mix and Florida would be just another state. Oh, and Naples. I don't know what they put in the water in Naples.

Last Edited:
Saw it this morning... I just LOVE a happy ending!!

Florida... IDK I thought maybe it was the wild and "independent" southern Florida, but it's central Florida. Polk county maybe is "special"???

Much of the publicity is due to Sheriff Grady Judd, he loves the microphone and gives lengthy reports on who what where when. My fav sheriff Grady quote... "Leave people alone! People have guns. They will shoot you dead. Graveyard dead."
I have noticed that about him. There has been other times when he would not mince words over some fool getting shot. Saying something along the lines of leave others alone and you will live longer. Guy sounds like a very no nonsense kind of law man.

Why is so much of this stuff always Florida??
Florida attracts seniors looking for a comfortable retirement, tourists and vacationers looking for fun and ne'er do wells looking for whatever they can get their hands on. It's also a biker haven and the winter destination of east coast hobos.

I didn't bother mentioning that I went through police training in Florida. The warm winters provide a haven for the fringe, giving the state transitory and temporary headaches. Drug trafficking and the money it produces are a permanent headache.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads