JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So, here's the thing, people here are trying to apply their beliefs on people over there (pretorian in SA). We live in an overly safety conscious, litigious society where sh1t very RARELY hits the fan. We are in a little bubble where we demand our safe spaces at the range because the potential for something bad happening scares us half to death.

Here's where the rubber meets the road: in a firefight it doesn't matter one freaking bit if you sweep someone with your barrel, or have your finger on the trigger before you have a target in mind. If you eliminate a threat behind/to the side of me, Imma say thank you.

The idea that we can judge/tease these people because their actions are different from ours is asinine. How about we look past their, admittedly gimmicky, promo video, and see what their track record actually is? Who have they protected/supported? How successful have they been?

To tell you the truth I'd much rather ride into Korengal with a group like this than a bunch of clowns who've only done NRA courses, and OSHA approved paintball courses. War's not a game, and you shouldn't practice like it is.

So, here's the thing, people here are trying to apply their beliefs on people over there (pretorian in SA). We live in an overly safety conscious, litigious society where sh1t very RARELY hits the fan. We are in a little bubble where we demand our safe spaces at the range because the potential for something bad happening scares us half to death.

Here's where the rubber meets the road: in a firefight it doesn't matter one freaking bit if you sweep someone with your barrel, or have your finger on the trigger before you have a target in mind. If you eliminate a threat behind/to the side of me, Imma say thank you.

The idea that we can judge/tease these people because their actions are different from ours is asinine. How about we look past their, admittedly gimmicky, promo video, and see what their track record actually is? Who have they protected/supported? How successful have they been?

To tell you the truth I'd much rather ride into Korengal with a group like this than a bunch of clowns who've only done NRA courses, and OSHA approved paintball courses. War's not a game, and you shouldn't practice like it is.

This is the best post in this thread so far. I watched several of their videos. The training is a bit unorthodox but, I'd love to have these guys with me in a SHTF situation. Safe or not, it doesn't get any more "real" than that.

I beg to differ ... "Friendly Fire" , isn't , as they say.
Yes , sweeping your buddies can happen and having your finger lightly on the trigger might be done ... But that still does not make it good practice...ever.

I have been in a few firefights and I couldn't really tell you now if I practiced safe gun handling ... But in combat it seems like everything that can go to sh!t will happen ... I would like to think that I did my best not to shoot my buddies...
Andy
Edit for my bad spelling.

Last Edited:
Also to add...
One of my young troopers was hit in the leg* by a rounds from a M60 that did not shift fire as we were assaulting a trenchline during a training exercise...
A mistake in training like that , is not something you want to experience.
Andy
*Edit: He was lucky .... the rounds tore up the fleshy , outer side of his thigh and calf ... But did not hit anything major.
I crawled out , drug him into the trench and applied first aid until a cease fire and the medics go to him.
He made it out okay and continued to serve...

Last Edited:
Yeah Andy, friendly fire is quite the opposite. I agree. I just think that just because we think it isn't safe by our standards doesn't make it bad training. I think these guys, while maybe taking some risks that are unnecessary, are training for SHTF situations more realistically than most. Shooting at a bad guy while a good guy is in the room next to them is quite real. And how better to simulate that scenario?

Whats funny is if you watch when they begin to clear the tire course with a rifleman and the guy with the pistol, the pistol dude has a malfunction and lags behind clearing his malfunction.
NS, didnt catch that ...... crapo_O, that just scares the heck outta me. I like going shooting with other people but dang .

One of my old training staff officers said it best, 'You train like you fight, and you fight like you train, the quality of both depends as much on you as it does the entire team!) Having been down range a time or 17, I can attest to the type and quality of training. Doing the job I did is a dance of extremes, and requires a level of focus and attention to details rarely seen outside of war fighting! Failing to follow protocols, and training procedures can lead to major head and heart aches, and I ended up getting shot one time because of a F-UP on my part and that of my Battle Buddy, and it's only because I was wearing armor that I am still suckin air! Bad training in the OP video, and bad to set R.O.E's like that, people WILL get hurt or worse when tangos don't follow your plans! No one is super duper smooth operator, and to think your that good, is certain to get you ended right quick and in a hurry like!

.To tell you the truth I'd much rather ride into Korengal with a group like this..
Advertising showboats? Not me. I'm expensive and irreplaceable and so are many other people/assets. It's unnecessary to take such dire/grave risks just for "training".
And to edit, yes this stuff happens.. but not under the circumstances how presented.. to me it seems to be an advertisement for and to the public at large for training. You wouldn't let any swinging dick off the street do that stuff in a million years no matter the dollars involved.

Last Edited:
Infantryman's Murphy's Law Summary [at least it was back in the day]..
If it can go wrong it will at the worst possible time. Murphy was always such an optimist!
--or something like that since we are a family friendly forum--

As a 100% fat-a55 civilian, I have no illusions about my abilities. The only RISK I take is the board game. The only tactical moves I make are picking my checkout line at Costco - and I'm usually wrong. And the only Operator I could EVER be is the one that says "How may I place your call?"

My only move is to avoid these situations or leave as quickly and quietly as possible.

I would not, and I repeat NOT want to be a guy on that training setup, especially one they are firing around.
Q: does anyone know if there are training systems where there are animatronic tangos? (not just pop-up / swing out targets).

I have heard of a training program that uses remote control moving targets set up like dummies on an rc vehicle. Cool idea and a little more stressful when they are moving at you.

article-2069158-0F07079D00000578-146_634x437.jpg
image.jpg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top