JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
To be added to the roster (and there be not unsafe) three physical examples must be submitted to the state's lab for drop testing and inspection of the other nonsense (magazine disconnect, LCI, etc.).

This part is confusing:

SO - the semi auto handguns that already on the 'safe handgun roster' are considered 'safe' unless they are chosen for removal due to addition of new, microstamping equipped gun?

Does this new gun need to physically exist before it can be added to the 'safe' roster"

What prevents CA from simply adding it as a 'concept' with the intent of nothing more than giving them the ability to remove three as per the provisions of the law?

It is very possible I am missing something or not understanding this and if so would appreciate clarification.

Thanks!
There must be 3 actual guns to test and they must pass that test AND money to be paid ...

To be added to the roster (and there be not unsafe) three physical examples must be submitted to the state's lab for drop testing and inspection of the other nonsense (magazine disconnect, LCI, etc.).
And pay $1600 per gun for the testing. Once its on the roster, it stays, as long as the gun maker pays California $1500 per model of pistol to renew their spot on the roster every 2 years.
Doesn't that sound like a protection racket? The gun stops being "Safe" when the state stops getting its payola.

There must be 3 actual guns to test and they must pass that test AND money to be paid
Thank you!

This clears it up for me.

And pay $1600 per gun for the testing. Once its on the roster, it stays, as long as the gun maker pays California $1500 per model of pistol to renew their spot on the roster every 2 years.
Doesn't that sound like a protection racket? The gun stops being "Safe" when the state stops getting its payola.
Yes it does sound like a 'protection racket' and I withhold further comment lest I be reprimanded for what would be a seething, and literally deep, and unfettered hatred for all things left and anti 2A in general !

I doubt the government cares about the money. For every gun on the roster the annual fee is less than a million for a government with a trillion dollar budget. They are trying to ban handguns through a backdoor route.

I doubt the government cares about the money. For every gun on the roster the annual fee is less than a million for a government with a trillion dollar budget. They are trying to ban handguns through a backdoor route.

Oh absolutely the California eurocrats don't care about the taxes from an income standpoint.

They certainly recognize the tax as racket to stop business from trying to comply though.

Next up will be any polymer parts must be bio-diverse & degradable. :rolleyes:

I'm 100% certain that no criminal with an illegal gun would ever take a bit of sandpaper to the bolt face or firing pin of a weapon they've purchased on the black market.

640x0.jpg

Sarcasm aside, as a reloader, the idea of sharp protrusions on the face of the firing pin potentially piercing the primer makes me cringe, especially the thought of loads at the upper end of the power range. I think that would make any gun with that sort of pin inherently unsafe.

Citation?
Agree that this does not make sense since SAMMI is involved in part of the suit against the technology in CA. The UC Davis study showed feasible but flawed and that it does not work with all combinations of guns and ammo. NSSF is also against. Here are my sources.

http://www3.nssf.org/share/factsheets/PDF/Microstamping.pdf

Firearms Trade Association, Manufacturers' Institute Seek Injunction to Stop Unworkable Microstamping Law | Oklahoma City | H&H Shooting Sports

And here is a letter from SAMMI to the CT legislature regarding how the technology is NOT feasible:
https://www.cga.ct.gov/2009/JUDdata...cturers' Institute, Lawrence G. Keene-TMY.PDF

Trump throws some awesome rallies around the country. 30,000 cars just rallied for him in Miami.
He needs to invade the left coast.

Continually raising the bar on pistol "safety" features will cause manufacturers to abandon sales in California. Which is likely at least part of the impetus behind this kind of legislation.

How long will it be before the Calif. state legislature puts a ban on resale of anything that doesn't have X, Y, and Z features? Which could freeze the ownership of all the older guns in the hands of their last owners. In Calif., registered "assault rifles" already have a cloud over them and disposition upon death is problematic.

AWSHo
Citation?
No citation. Information came from the actual legislation. Calif legislation can have a number of specific sections. This law four sections. Section 1 contains the purpose and legislature's intent in passing the law and can be used to interpret the law and provide the legislature's intent of the law.

Section 1, subsection (h)(1) references tests conducted at the Calif Highway Patrol's Academy range and Los Angeles PD Academy.
Subsection (h)(3) says Sporting Arms & Ammunition Manufacturers' Institute/SAAMI concedes that micro-stamping will stamp the required information.

There is no further reference to the CHP and LAPD tests.

There is a reference to "...tests have shown....", but there is no specific reference to the actual tests. This legislature also voted down law enforcement use of facial recognition programs based on tests they conducted. They used photos of 26 legislators and ran them through a specific program. All the facial recognition program identified all as wanted persons and provided a photo and info. I saw both in the newspaper article and even I could tell there were no actual matches.
A number of persons and organizations asked to see the actual tests, settings etc. No release of info. The manufacturer of the program itself asked for that info.
With his program, the user has the ability to set the parameters for searching for a match. Legis still would not release the actual test.

Ok it's late and I can be dense at times, but what possible explanation is there for marking a case with make, model and serial number?
Will it be admissible evidence? What if someone grabbed range brass and polluted a crime scene? Will there be a time and date stamp or a GPS pin drop requirement next?
Ok I'm not that dense, I know why they are doing this-- they hate the 2A.
I am certain they could find more relevant issues to solve if they tried.

AWSHo

No citation. Information came from the actual legislation. ...

I see. I don't consider legislative findings to be evidence because the legislature can write whatever it wants there, true or false, rational or irrational.

The most famous example I think is the Indiana attempt to legislate the value of pi -- while it never became law, it was a close thing for a while. Sorry legislators, the universe doesn't care about your findings. Indiana Pi Bill - Wikipedia

This is why I put absolutely zero faith in the accuracy of legislative findings. In fact, any finding a legislature makes causes me to be suspicious rather than feel informed -- exactly whose agenda is this so called "fact" fulfilling?

I see. I don't consider legislative findings to be evidence because the legislature can write whatever it wants there, true or false, rational or irrational.
Ok, finally found it in the 2020 update to the original 2007 bill past. I tried to Google Fu tests from CHP and LAPD as folks who wrote this bill claim and nada, zip, zilch. They claim SAMMI concedes it is feasible but you will not find this anywhere from SAMMI since they are opposing this nonsense everywhere and are active in lawsuits against it, including in CA. And there is this gem:
(h) Unfortunately, firearm manufacturers claim it is impossible or impractical to implement the safe Unsafe Handgun Act. The Legislature rejects these claims for reasons including the following: (following details the above noted items)​
Yea, why believe the people who actually make the guns.

Ok I'm not that dense, I know why they are doing this-- they hate the 2A.
Basically, it's just this.

What if someone grabbed range brass and polluted a crime scene? Will there be a time and date stamp or a GPS pin drop requirement next?

Only says that the firearm was there......nothing......about "WHO pulled the trigger" of the said firearm.

That being said......
In the past.....I often wondered why the "gang bangers" didn't take up your suggestion. Short of "other evidence".......certainly, it could put a certain amount of "doubt" into a case. If not....waste a lot of police resources.

LOL.....but, the low ______ voters can/will believe almost anything. A long time ago I was told......

"You can always tell when a politician is lying because his/her mouth is moving."

Yeah.....using words like "always or never" is problematic. But, I got the message.

Aloha, Mark

Next up will be any polymer parts must be bio-diverse & degradable. :rolleyes:
That's due to all those pesky boat accidents.

Micro stamp, chip, dip or whatever else they come up with won't stop someone who wants to pull the trigger from pulling the trigger. It doesn't make anyone safer as claimed. Just another lie.

Rant: deleted.

Only says that the firearm was there......nothing......about "WHO pulled the trigger" of the said firearm.

It doesn't even say if the firearm was there. As noted above, swap firing pins or sandpaper it, go to the range and get brass stamped by other guns, do your driveby with a 9mm revolver and throw the random stamped 9s out the window. None of those guns were there.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top