JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Only says that the firearm was there......nothing......about "WHO pulled the trigger" of the said firearm.
It doesn't even say if the firearm was there. As noted above, swap firing pins or sandpaper it, go to the range and get brass stamped by other guns, do your driveby with a 9mm revolver and throw the random stamped 9s out the window. None of those guns were there.
What you say is so true. I followed up on hundreds of hit and run cases in CA. We could find the car, but you cannot put a car in jail. The poor victims would say the owner must have been driving...check for fingerprints or DNA..., but there is a 0% chance a Deputy DA will even look at the case without a witness to ID the suspect...just like in firearms cases. My gun, just like my car, will have my prints and DNA.

AWSHo

There is no further reference to the CHP and LAPD tests.

There is a reference to "...tests have shown....", but there is no specific reference to the actual tests. This legislature also voted down law enforcement use of facial recognition programs based on tests they conducted. They used photos of 26 legislators and ran them through a specific program. All the facial recognition program identified all as wanted persons and provided a photo and info. I saw both in the newspaper article and even I could tell there were no actual matches.
A number of persons and organizations asked to see the actual tests, settings etc. No release of info. The manufacturer of the program itself asked for that info.
With his program, the user has the ability to set the parameters for searching for a match. Legis still would not release the actual test.
BINGO! That's the California way Make up some research and pass a law.
Consider the CA requirement for lead free hunting ammo.
This was based on a "study" which the authors refused to submit for peer review. High lead levels in condors which the study said came from condors eating the gut piles left by hunters. I'll ask this : Were there high levels of lead in coyotes? Turkey vultures? Other carrion eaters?
Of course not, but that did not enter into the discussion. The state wanted to make it inconvenient for hunters and this "study" was their excuse, so they passed the laws banning lead hunting ammo within the condor's range and then, IIRC expanded the ammo ban statewide.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top