JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I get that sometimes. I believe it has to do with transmissible diseases you might pickup in other areas or during air travel. I used to get something similar when I was donating blood. I think I got that question when I was initially in an immediate care clinic - maybe when I went to the ER too - I don't remember because it seems reasonable. The one that caught my attention was whether I felt safe at home - I should have answered "no, the zombies keep trying to get into the house". :D

I'e been getting the safe at home one to. With leading questions

Doctor doesn't need to know anything about my addiction ;):D hahahahaha I don't have a problem

18F82FA6-ED1A-46B8-97FB-5B497D1F8F1C.jpeg

They don't ask me, but have asked my wife on several occasions. We had the discussion of why they are asking and what the repercussions could be if she answered to the affirmative to this question. I suggested she politely tell her doctor that it is none of his business rather than lie about it. But to each their own.

Yeah my wife without hesitation checked the box they're all unloaded and in a safe even though at any given time she could grab a gun to defend herself within the house. Haha I think they're more worried about our kid, even though she can't even crawl yet...

Use the link below to read an article on the Orlando Sentinel's website. Also, here is one paragraph from the article.

Don't be surprised if your doctor asks you about guns

The Violence Prevention Research Program at the University of California Davis has launched a new tool kit for doctors and nurses that teaches them how to gently introduce the topic of guns into the conversation, with a special emphasis on spotting red flags that could indicate risks for suicide, domestic violence, homicide or child access to guns.

People need to be really careful about what they tell their doctors etc... Especially at the VA or other government offices. They will be trying to use everything they can against us in order to deny us our 2A rights. Are you feeling down, having financial problems, not sleeping well etc…

Easy for me. If asked I would just say no and drop it.

They ask my wife every single time she goes in, along with a full survey to find out if she's depressed or anxious...
When they start asking the kids that's crossing the line. That starts priming them for the antigun naritive to fill thier head full of garbage. I seen the anti kids praised on primetime Portland news marching to the leftist tune over and over.

My Doctor has an Honest interest in Firearms. He has been a shooter all his life. During the .22 Rimfire nonsense I kept him supplied and he was pleased. He knows I carry since I was carrying and wearing the first time we met. Yes, some of them are good people.

If my doctor asks me about guns I'll just ask her why she isn't more concerned about the accidental medical deaths that kill multiples of all people killed by guns each year including suicides.

Clean up your own bubbleguming house before you get worried about mine...

When they start asking the kids that's crossing the line. That starts priming them for the antigun naritive to fill thier head full of garbage. I seen the anti kids praised on primetime Portland news marching to the leftist tune over and over.

The weaponization of children for political purposes by the left removes any sympathy I will have if and when things get real

This is the reply I posted in the thread 'Depression Test' by nwslopoke

"Bolus nailed it. I've had the same primary physician for 16 years, and he's been willing to explain why a new question gets asked. The only time I was asked an inappropriate question was by a different doctor at a different health organization, to which I never returned.

I was asked if I owned any guns. I responded it was none of his business, and why would he be asking such a question when I came in for a physical. He responded that the organization liked to do a risk assessment for all their clients. I told him that if they were truly interested in determining the relative risk of my life/life-style they would be asking a different set of questions: how many miles do you drive in a typical week, do you always wear a seat belt, family medical history, etc. I volunteered that I owned a motorcycle, two chainsaws, a tablesaw, bandsaw, planer, jointer, etc. He looked taken aback so I added that based on injuries incurred, my utility knife was the most dangerous object in the home.

When I left I told them I would be switching to another doctor in a different medical organization: one that took an interest in my actual health rather than pursuing a political agenda."

"Bolus nailed it. I've had the same primary physician for 16 years, and he's been willing to explain why a new question gets asked. The only time I was asked an inappropriate question was by a different doctor at a different health organization, to which I never returned.

I was asked if I owned any guns. I responded it was none of his business, and why would he be asking such a question when I came in for a physical. He responded that the organization liked to do a risk assessment for all their clients. I told him that if they were truly interested in determining the relative risk of my life/life-style they would be asking a different set of questions: how many miles do you drive in a typical week, do you always wear a seat belt, family medical history, etc. I volunteered that I owned a motorcycle, two chainsaws, a tablesaw, bandsaw, planer, jointer, etc. He looked taken aback so I added that based on injuries incurred, my utility knife was the most dangerous object in the home.

When I left I told them I would be switching to another doctor in a different medical organization: one that took an interest in my actual health rather than pursuing a political agenda."

Nice, I'll try to remember that type of response!

One i go to changed ownership. then the questions started strange ones here and there. i brought up whats this about they got weird when confronted. they ask questions that have nothing to do with my health. the big one hasn't came yet but its like they are working up to it . and searching and profiling a little at a time. Just like the Oregon democrat's right before they steal your god given rights. Just before this all started there were a couple doctors that were vets and military doctors that kept people alive when they were flown out of a combat zone.these guys were good people. they disappeared from the hospital just before the BS started.. I would assume they would not play ball with the rights of others.

My doctor's office (Salem Clinic) makes everyone fill out a booze survey. How many drinks, what kind, how often, regrets related to drinking, etc.

They've never asked about guns.

I had my Doc ask me that once, I asked what his favorite sexual positions are...He tilted his head in wonderment. I told him in America there's just some questions that need not be asked...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top