JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm sure the "beer cans" are a clue to this imbeciles behavior. If they hadn't had a "call-out" of SWAT it prolly would have been a muni-code violation citation. Well, on 2nd thought, it is Portland...
"keep the weird in Portland"

The report was on OREGONLIVE. I missed the actual location, too.

Same Difference.

Snowflakes are gonna snowflake or dummies are gonna dumb.

Oh yes the guy standing on his balcony in the original story was right here in the middle of Portland, smack dab in "no guns" land with his airsoft/BB gun shooting cans off his balcony.

Someone else provided a link saying he could have ended up like this other guy who was shot and killed in Mesa, Arizona (I think a few years ago if I can remember right) over a VERY similar report. Someone called in what they thought was a rifle.

They called in officer King Scumbag who was out for blood that night. Turns out the LEO (if you want to actual call him that since he wasn't enforcing any laws) had a prior rap sheet of aggression on the job. In fact I believe there was another video of him instigating problems in a convenient store. Cold blooded murder was what it was.

Point is, I wouldn't play around like that because you never know who will call it in as a threat and what trigger happy LEO will be the first to kick in your door.

Oh yes the guy standing on his balcony in the original story was right here in the middle of Portland, smack dab in "no guns" land with his airsoft/BB gun shooting cans off his balcony.

Someone else provided a link saying he could have ended up like this other guy who was shot and killed in Mesa, Arizona (I think a few years ago if I can remember right) over a VERY similar report. Someone called in what they thought was a rifle.

They called in officer King Scumbag who was out for blood that night. Turns out the LEO (if you want to actual call him that since he wasn't enforcing any laws) had a prior rap sheet of aggression on the job. In fact I believe there was another video of him instigating problems in a convenient store. Cold blooded murder was what it was.

Point is, I wouldn't play around like that because you never know who will call it in as a threat and what trigger happy LEO will be the first to kick in your door.

Gollygeewhompers, you had me very confused!!!

I am not sure why they keep mentioning "lawyer"?

I know several individuals that have passed the bar and now do something else. We don't keep calling them lawyers.

A quick search of the Oregon State Bar site makes me wonder if he has EVER practiced.

And it is really irrelevant. The story is about (depending on your POV) a PNW snowflake freaked out and called in an air strike on a Daisy Red Rider - or - "Hold mY beEr, I'm gonna be on TV!".:confused:

Not really about a gun at all!

If the guy passed the bar, he should be smarter than me. But many times "intelligence" doesn't equal "smarts".

Guns are very common here in La Grande... Yet, I wouldn't sit on my front porch fondling my AR, nor would I sit there shooting birds, pigeons, cats, etc. Neighbors aren't snowflakes, but even they would not be happy. Probably wouldn't call the popo but only because they know me. However, it's domestic disturbance even here!!

The cop in that video was a total piece of bubblegum. I watched it several times just to be sure. It's actually rather disgusting he got let off completely.

That is shocking if the cop got off completely, was fired. Then retired for a few days so he can quit working and start drawing a $30k per yr disability too! Wow, so messed up.

If the guy passed the bar, he should be smarter than me. But many times "intelligence" doesn't equal "smarts".

Guns are very common here in La Grande... Yet, I wouldn't sit on my front porch fondling my AR, nor would I sit there shooting birds, pigeons, cats, etc. Neighbors aren't snowflakes, but even they would not be happy. Probably wouldn't call the popo but only because they know me. However, it's domestic disturbance even here!!

In La Grande I suspect there is a good chance people walking buy might just pull out their guns.

Why is anyone surprised when cops act like entitled scum bags witha badge and a gun? Do a search of "Murder Inc.". Hit men being run out of po-lice stations. Playboy did an excellent series on it. Read "Sirpico" (Surpico?) The "us vs. them", cops and "civilians" (hey, when I was in they told us that if you were not military you were ALL civilians! Also I'm guessing they don't teach the US Constitution and Bill of Rights classes any more. First thing they made us learn, the US is a REPUBLIC, not a "demoncrazy", and why.

My cousin, retired from teaching "cops how to be cops", when asked what means, just gets all prissy and huffy, exactly like his mommy tought him to be. When I meet a cop that is very stuck up and obnoxious, I ask him if he knows my cousin, most seem to have been "trained" by him.

Last Edited:
A-holes with a badge will always be present, just like bullies are present in any occupation where an individual gets to exercise power over another. I would say a good portion of law enforcement really try to be good people and take service and public safety seriously. On the other hand, sometimes it does get difficult to smile through it when the mayor asks you to bend over and grab your ankles.

A word of advice. Don't bubblegum around in Arizona. The LEOs down there have been executing quite a few people down there in recent years. So much so, that an internal investigation was launched pertaining to escalation of force rules, and IIRC not much came of it...cause...well...it was an internal investigation. A few officers were disciplined. Whatever that means.

ARTICLE: Every 5 days, an Arizona officer shoots someone, a Republic analysis finds

"On average, it happens every five days: An Arizona police officer aims a weapon and shoots at someone.

The average age of a person shot at by police: 35...."

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads