JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I am not sure why they keep mentioning "lawyer"?

I know several individuals that have passed the bar and now do something else. We don't keep calling them lawyers.

A quick search of the Oregon State Bar site makes me wonder if he has EVER practiced.

And it is really irrelevant. The story is about (depending on your POV) a PNW snowflake freaked out and called in an air strike on a Daisy Red Rider - or - "Hold mY beEr, I'm gonna be on TV!".:confused:

Not really about a gun at all!

Good way to end up like this guy. Cops were called after he was seen handling an air rifle in his motel room, through the window. Body cam footage showed he was shot although unarmed and not resisting at the time. Apparently he was somewhat inebriated and had trouble following the cops contradictory commands. The video is pretty shocking.

On the face of it, "Man Charged For Shooting a BB Gun" looks stupid and (overly) reactionary.

But doing this from the balcony is colossally stupid. The "snowflake" who reported it surely doesn't know the difference between a real gun and a BB gun, and even if she did the act itself is still illegal and colossally stupid... dude should've known better.

This isn't a case of a guy carrying an umbrella or having a Hi-Lift jack strapped to his Jeep. This was ACTUALLY a guy shooting a rifle from a balcony... probably mostly harmless, but still illegal.

And also colossally stupid.

Is it illegal? People use air rifles or BB guns for rodent and bird control in city limits out here all the time.

This is what makes me angry. He got arrested for disorderly conduct. So, if you scare someone doing something that isn't illegal, you get arrested? And I wonder if it was a true pellet/BB rifle or an airsoft gun. Gonna be interesting if the discharging a firearm charge sticks since it wasn't a firearm.

This wouldn't have gone down this way where I live.

This is what makes me angry. He got arrested for disorderly conduct. So, if you scare someone doing something that isn't illegal, you get arrested? And I wonder if it was a true pellet/BB rifle or an airsoft gun. Gonna be interesting if the discharging a firearm charge sticks since it wasn't a firearm.

This wouldn't have gone down this way where I live.
Yup, scare a snowflake, get arrested. It's Portland, what else would you expect...

That kind of reminds of a loser type who rides his bike all over town with OC holstered, well, pistol, sort of. One evening I am going to the local market and I spy this guy see the "pistol", to my eye it is not a "real" 1911, but looks kind of like a Llama copy. I stop and say to him "Is this a Llama pistol?" No answer, then two local cops, one of whom I"m friends with, engage him. I smile and say, "OK, time to buy food for family and wine for me." I hear them talking to him as I leave; it's an airgun, and the guy is a muppet, but people apparently complained. :s0112:

Is it illegal? People use air rifles or BB guns for rodent and bird control in city limits out here all the time.
in Portland discharging airguns is illegal.

Regardless, this was beyond stupid on many levels. This is the guy they should take his guns away.

bubblegum. I guess I should stop cleaning my guns on my balcony and use my boresighter there too lol. Also...arrested for a BB gun LMAO. Should have just schooled him how dumb that was and if they have to come again they'll fine him or something. Its a toy.... but then...kids get shot by cops when they play with toy guns. And what a idiot "heared popping sounds in the city"...I hear all kinds if popping sounds that doesn't alarm me one bit.

Honestly, that was a totally bonehead move that's deserving of a minor misdemeanor punishment, perhaps XX hours of community service, a substantial but not crippling fine, and participation in a (non-live-fire) firearms safety class -- maybe an all day thing, with a written test. However, this shouldn't be the end of his economic life and after learning some safety stuff, I wouldn't ban him from firearms ownership.

Good way to end up like this guy. Cops were called after he was seen handling an air rifle in his motel room, through the window. Body cam footage showed he was shot although unarmed and not resisting at the time. Apparently he was somewhat inebriated and had trouble following the cops contradictory commands. The video is pretty shocking.

Cruelly murdered for crawling incorrectly:eek:

The cop in that video was a total piece of bubblegum. I watched it several times just to be sure. It's actually rather disgusting he got let off completely.

My favorite from the article.
"A police officer with military training noted that from 10 feet away he couldn't tell the difference between Gorman's BB gun and an AR-15 or an M-4 rifle."
We'll see. Not too impressed with PPB and I definitely support our LE.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top