JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Yesterday I got a text from someone inquiring to buy my Laseraim .45,he asked to see some more pics of it and to send them to his email which is: [email protected],I did so then got this reply:

"Thanks for your reply concerning my inquiry, I am quite comfortable with the price and the condition of the item but due to the nature of my work, I can not make or receive phone call at the moment due to I dont always get service or network while at work. I will be adding $100 to the purchase price, I want you to hold it for me before any other interested person. Please provide your full name, Address and your Phone number so that I can issued the payment out ASAP. I will be paying you by Certified check. It will take 1-3 days for the payment to get to you. As for delivery, I will make arrangements for the pick-up after you might have received the payment, If this meets your approval, kindly get back to me, as soon as possible, with your name, phone # and mailing address where payment will be sent, so that I can make an arrangement on the Check.

Note: As soon as you have your money in hand, we can talk about the picking up of the item. I would like you to take the posting off Auction site today because I will be making the Payment as soon as you get back to me with your Payment info.

Thanks and God Bless you.
Bryan"

Be forewarned this "Bryan Chapman"(fake name no doubt) is obviously trying to send fraudulent checks to get guns and probably other things he wants.

Check his Feedback.................as if he has any.....notice their English always suffers a bit also. I have received a couple like that at times, I believe both were on OutdoorsTrader.

Check his Feedback.................as if he has any.....notice their English always suffers a bit also. I have received a couple like that at times, I believe both were on OutdoorsTrader.

I would check his feedback but he does not have a account on Northwest Firearms,or at least that I know of.

Yesterday I got a text from someone inquiring to buy my Laseraim .45,he asked to see some more pics of it and to send them to his email which is: [email protected],I did so then got this reply:

"Thanks for your reply concerning my inquiry, I am quite comfortable with the price and the condition of the item but due to the nature of my work, I can not make or receive phone call at the moment due to I dont always get service or network while at work. I will be adding $100 to the purchase price, I want you to hold it for me before any other interested person. Please provide your full name, Address and your Phone number so that I can issued the payment out ASAP. I will be paying you by Certified check. It will take 1-3 days for the payment to get to you. As for delivery, I will make arrangements for the pick-up after you might have received the payment, If this meets your approval, kindly get back to me, as soon as possible, with your name, phone # and mailing address where payment will be sent, so that I can make an arrangement on the Check.

Note: As soon as you have your money in hand, we can talk about the picking up of the item. I would like you to take the posting off Auction site today because I will be making the Payment as soon as you get back to me with your Payment info.

Thanks and God Bless you.
Bryan"

Be forewarned this "Bryan Chapman"(fake name no doubt) is obviously trying to send fraudulent checks to get guns and probably other things he wants.

This guy sent me a text two days ago...i thought it was real. i gave him my info he said he'd send me 600 for my SKS will i get my money ?

hell no...he actually called me. he's a damn foreigner. said he'd pay me tomorrow. with a certified check...what should i do call the police ?? and did you recieve a check or money from him ?

I did not as I saw right through his scam,as his scam is one I've seen on ebay word for word before.
I don't know if the police can do anything about it or are willing to as it would probably be put on a a much lower priority than the vast other things they are called about daily.

As soon as they refer to whatever I am selling as an "item", I know it is a scam. These "certified" checks are fake and you might end up being involved in an investigation if you try to cash them.

This should have been the dead giveaway - Thanks and God Bless you.
Bryan"

My best friend's dad was a preacher for 40+ years and he advised us that if you ever see that wording during any business deal or money transaction - RUN. Same with companies who add a fish/Pisces symbol to their offer.

That is not a disparaging comment about XXXX belief, that is just one of the many ways rip-offs get you to lower your guard.

Worked with me once years ago. Luckily Paypal saved me from losing $440 on a one ounce Gold Coin that was a fake. Had a lot of very nice passages and crosses on the invoice though.

If it's an actual certified check, then the real issue is the firearm transfer. He may not be eligible or from out of state.

If you actually receive a check, take it down to the bank and make sure it is good before going any farther. Last time I saw one of these scams the "certified" check was just a regular check that was either stolen or didn't have the money in the account.

elsie

If it's an actual certified check, then the real issue is the firearm transfer. He may not be eligible or from out of state.

If you actually receive a check, take it down to the bank and make sure it is good before going any farther. Last time I saw one of these scams the "certified" check was just a regular check that was either stolen or didn't have the money in the account.

elsie

They say certified check to fool people and I have seen many fooled that way.

Nothing new about this. It has been going on all over (even Craigslist) for years. You might even receive a certified check. It will have been stolen and take a couple of weeks for the bank to find out and then demand you to make the funds good and if you've sent the item you're selling then you are out the item AND the money.

As they say....if it's too good to be true well guess what?

This should have been the dead giveaway - Thanks and God Bless you.
Bryan"

My best friend's dad was a preacher for 40+ years and he advised us that if you ever see that wording during any business deal or money transaction - RUN. Same with companies who add a fish/Pisces symbol to their offer.

That is not a disparaging comment about XXXX belief, that is just one of the many ways rip-offs get you to lower your guard.

Worked with me once years ago. Luckily Paypal saved me from losing $440 on a one ounce Gold Coin that was a fake. Had a lot of very nice passages and crosses on the invoice though.

Anyone who unsolicited tells you what a "great christian/muslim/druid" they are is out to screw you. I 100% agree, and have seen this so many times it's in my "top 3 rules of doing business".

I remember someone said that when ordering 100K of bullets from me, said they would "pay me within 3 days" oddly enough, the truck to pick up the bullets showed up the next day. When I told the trucker there wasn't a pick up (he hadn't paid yet), he shrugged and went to his next load. Never heard back from the guy or got payment.

During the six years I had my ffl I received many false certified checks & a pile of fake certified money orders. I never sent out anything until the bank told me it was safe. That pissed off a lot of folks who didn't bother to send me us postal m/o's that could be cashed at the post office, or simply using a credit card, both of which I advised often to clients.

After reporting the last fake certified check to the atf and the postmaster (it was sent by us mail)
I was instructed to call the nsa. They asked me what did I expect the nsa to do about it?
Sad fact is fraud is just one more piece of work that no state or govt agency has any interest in, except of course when they are engaged in it themselves. I once actually had the home address for a guy who hacked into my paypal account and nobody was interested in the slightest.

I got these scammers on craigslist a lot when I was looking for a roommate, selling a playstation and something else I sold. they are from Africa somewhere, I think Somalia.
They will send you a money order or certified check and in two weeks after you deposit it in your account your bank will let you know if was a fake and you have to pay all the money back to the bank and you're out the item also.

Armslist is a scammers favorite site. I almost bought an AR-10 from a private party in TX, then I found the same pics and info on a gunbroker ad from a FFL. This scammer is using gunbroker pics and info then posting his own ads. Buyer beware! I did report to the Sheriffs Office in Lubbock. I had his phone # and address to mail PO, but a week later the guy had 5 more bogus ads up, all copied from lagit GB ads.

As common as these scams are, seems there are always a few of us who fall for them. I always respond to the offers with a "no". I want to believe in people, and it's sad that I can't.

The Nigerian prince wanting help transfering funds still turns up after all this time. They keep trying and they must get some folks to go along. Wouldn't they stop if it didn't work anymore?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top