JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
When I go shooting nowadays, I take a couple of tarps with me. One is 10 X 10 cotton painters tarp, the heavy duty one that costs about $25.00. I have a few left over from when I was a contractor. This is the one I shoot from. All my brass including .22, percussion caps and shot shells fall on it and at the end of the shooting session I just fold up until all the brass and everything else is in one pile and just put everything in a bucket. At the target end I put a cheap blue plastic tarp down to catch all of the non biodegradable stuff I am shooting at. When I am done just fold up with the junk in it and empty in the garbage when I get home. All this may add maybe 15 min to your trip to shoot, but I feel it is worth it. I built a cart that uses four milk cartons and a retractable handle dolly to carry everything I use for a days shooting. A piece of plywood on top serves as a loading table. Comes in handy for my cap and ball revolver loading. I will post a picture of it when I dig out my camera.

New member so reading up on subjects that interest me and affect me and my hobbies.. I normaly go out above Estacada to do my shooting.. I would be interested in a Shoot clean up.. I was recently up there 2 wks ago and picked up what I could, consdering I couldnt haul the washer I found up there..

A bonus of cleaning up is sifting through the brass thats not dented and that you shoot for reloads (if still good) and turning in the rest that you dont use after cleaning.. even scrap brass can pay for reloading what you shoot..

When I go shooting nowadays, I take a couple of tarps with me. One is 10 X 10 cotton painters tarp, the heavy duty one that costs about $25.00.

Good idea about the painters tarp. I would imagine that there's less "bounce" on that sort of tarp as opposed to the "standard" blue tarp. I'll have to try one sometime! :s0155:

How do you make a profit off of scrap brass? will they take anything?

I reload.. so when I go i collect all the brass I see whether I use it or not, dented and such. I spend maybe a couple of hours sorting through the brass I collect (that I didnt shoot) for usefull or scrap. I sell the usefull (undented and reloadable) to thoughs who need that cal. and save the scrap till I fill my 25 gal barrel. I got about $30 from my scrap.. and depending on cal. I sell the usefull brass for a few bucks per 50 or 100.

Please Advise me of "Shoot and clean-up day" also. Very interested.

I take my Kids and a lot of first time, or "used to when I was a kid" shooters out to get them into the sport. We usually go past Estacada and I take contractor bags for each person. When we're done we clean up our mess, and as much extra as we can pack in even if it means a trip to metro dump for me.

What I hate to see is when people bring computers and garbage and shoot up glass bottles and just leave it in the forest. It's a real bad image for the rest of us.

Hope this string creates a vocal majority among NW shooters.
:)

Here's the way I look at it. I don't pick up my .22 brass, but I keep a big roll of lawn/leaf bags in the back of my car, and I ALWAYS pick up as much trash as I can fit in my car. It's my policy to leave with more stuff than I came with. I rarely have to spend more than 10 minutes to fill up a bag or two with other people's junk. If you love your sport and the outdoors, spend a few minutes and clean up after yourself and the "bad apples" that can't seem to do it for themselves.

Happy plinking!

chuckbiscuits

Here's the way I look at it. I don't pick up my .22 brass, but I keep a big roll of lawn/leaf bags in the back of my car, and I ALWAYS pick up as much trash as I can fit in my car. It's my policy to leave with more stuff than I came with. I rarely have to spend more than 10 minutes to fill up a bag or two with other people's junk. If you love your sport and the outdoors, spend a few minutes and clean up after yourself and the "bad apples" that can't seem to do it for themselves.

Happy plinking!

chuckbiscuits

I don't mean to be a dick but do you think the .22 brass faerie comes and picks up your brass?

i go shooting out towards Timber Oregon, now im a new shooter and i didn’t have to be told to clean up the 1st range i was shown! For everyday that ticks off the calendar i realize more and more how wise my father really is! i went out on Sunday and found my spot completely trashed! :angry: so my friends and I picked up the ENTIRE range and hauled all of the trash to a roadside ditch. Between two cars(a bronco and an accord) we didn’t get all of the trash. i came strait back to NWFA and asked for some help. Another member by the name of BDA.45 went out today and cleaned up the rest of the rubbish in the ditch. My thanx goes out to him BDA.45 again! I believe the firearm community is a lot stronger that we are given credit for. So im gunna get off of my soap box now but if NWFA does do a shoot n’ clean I am there.

I don't mean to be a dick but do you think the .22 brass faerie comes and picks up your brass?

You make an excellent point, however, I have chosen a compromise that works for me. I make a HUGE net difference in the amount of trash at ANY shooting site I visit. Maybe I should spend my time picking up my .22 brass flung around by my automatic and leave all the piles of trash laying when I depart? By the way, all the brass from my revolver goes in my trash bag, but I don't believe crawling around looking for spent brass is an effective use of time. Yes, a brass-catcher is in my future, and yes, I feel guilty leaving my .22 brass. I'm not here to participate in flame wars, so will not "rise to the bait", I was only trying to make a point that if I can pick up other peoples' trash, so can you.

I don't know you, and I am new to this forum. I don't know if you are the type of guy to leave his trash for someone else to pick up. I don't know if you are a dick. I'm not trying to pick a fight or brag about how great I am. I believe that removing trash, not generating it in the first place and doing my small part to keep OUR shooting spots open is part of plinking outdoors.

If you read ghostrider's post that follows yours, he makes what I consider to be the obvious point. Likewise with Adam Johnson who takes it personally if someone trashes his favorite spot (way to go, Adam). If I can fill up a huge garbage bag or two in 10 minutes EVERY time I shoot, there are a lot more folks packing in a lot of crap and leaving it there for guys like us to "handle it". Maybe I'm someone's "Crap Fairy"?

How do I change my member name?????:cool:

chuckbiscuits

You make an excellent point, however, I have chosen a compromise that works for me. I make a HUGE net difference in the amount of trash at ANY shooting site I visit. Maybe I should spend my time picking up my .22 brass flung around by my automatic and leave all the piles of trash laying when I depart? By the way, all the brass from my revolver goes in my trash bag, but I don't believe crawling around looking for spent brass is an effective use of time. Yes, a brass-catcher is in my future, and yes, I feel guilty leaving my .22 brass. I'm not here to participate in flame wars, so will not "rise to the bait", I was only trying to make a point that if I can pick up other peoples' trash, so can you.

I don't know you, and I am new to this forum. I don't know if you are the type of guy to leave his trash for someone else to pick up. I don't know if you are a dick. I'm not trying to pick a fight or brag about how great I am. I believe that removing trash, not generating it in the first place and doing my small part to keep OUR shooting spots open is part of plinking outdoors.

If you read ghostrider's post that follows yours, he makes what I consider to be the obvious point. Likewise with Adam Johnson who takes it personally if someone trashes his favorite spot (way to go, Adam). If I can fill up a huge garbage bag or two in 10 minutes EVERY time I shoot, there are a lot more folks packing in a lot of crap and leaving it there for guys like us to "handle it". Maybe I'm someone's "Crap Fairy"?

How do I change my member name?????:cool:

chuckbiscuits

Chuck if you lay out a tarp it will make the P/U much easier.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top