JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've got a handful of knives that I don't use, likely never will. They are good knives, but not worth much. I don't just want to throw them away, nor do I want to try and list them all for sale as they aren't really worth that much vs my time to do so.

Is there a place that accepts knives as a donation? I don't think Goodwill will type thing!

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Reno

List them in the "Pay it Forward" thread...?
They might end up there. Just don't want to deal with shipping ones and twos. Was going to see if anyone knew of a place that took in these sort of things. The Boy Scouts was a good example.

List them in the "Pay it Forward" thread...?

That's what I was thinking. When I have stuff like the OP, I love to give it to someone who will use it.
@Andy54Hawken is spot on, too.

They might end up there. Just don't want to deal with shipping ones and twos. Was going to see if anyone knew of a place that took in these sort of things. The Boy Scouts was a good example.
There's no reason you can't list them as "all or nothing", and then you just ship once. Maybe an idea to hold in reserve if you can't find another option.

There's no reason you can't list them as "all or nothing", and then you just ship once. Maybe an idea to hold in reserve if you can't find another option.
I might try that, before giving them away.

I take small piles of knives, slings , grips , holsters and other " stuff" to my favorite pawn shop. It's a donation that might get me a heads up on nicer gun and knife stuff they have coming up for sale on my future visits. I do have over a decade of customer status established with the shop tho.

Is there a 2nd hand store in your area that has knives in the display case? I doubt if they would turn down some freebies. Last resort, your friendly neighborhood pawn shop (now I see that's already been suggested).

If you're so inclined, Goodwill takes knives. They wind up on their online site shopgoodwill.com. It's an easy way to offload them in one easy shot.

We gifted knives, holsters that we did not sell with a specific firearm, etc. to friends.

We donated knives, various holsters and other goods to a local mission that supports Veterans, very SPECIFIC soup kitchens and shelters.

We told the people, usually a manager of the thrift store, who took them in to put them in their GLASS CASE for sale what they were brand wise, the history and date in some cases, and the WORTH of 'said knife' so that they had an IDEA what to list them for.

ALL of the knives and holsters sold quickly and at a good price. So did some of the other things too. That really helped the store and the people who needed help.

Other donated goods: A bit of clothing, blankets, sheets, towels, toiletries, etc. were NOT sold and gifted to people who needed them. Most of the bedding was brand new with a bit of lightly used - super clean items. The bath soap, toothpaste, toothbrushes, shampoo - all purpose for all hair types including shampoo BARS, cleaning supplies, paper goods, etc. were very much appreciated too.

All of our friends who received KNIVES from less expensive ones to more expensive ones (Including some military ones - Nam era.) absolutely appreciated them and liked them.

One man who worked with my husband before my husband retired gave one of our special knives to his son who was going to enter the military a few years ago. That man received gifts from us and he bought some knives from us too.

An elderly USN man - a friend who would be close to my late husband's age if he lived got a knife from me that my late husband had when he was in the USN. Nam and all around the world time. My late husband had several of them from his USN time and from his Air NG Fighter Wing time. He was touched that he had something from that time frame even if that man's ship was not a destroyer.

KNIVES make fantastic gifts to ladies and gentlemen. ALL types of knives and in various styles. Made in the USA, Germany, England, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Japan, etc.

I would GIFT them to a person who would appreciate the knife, younger or older person, and/or to a 'store' that would use the sale price for a good CAUSE.

ADDED more here. Some scouting groups may (?) or may NOT even take knives worse off some 22lr ammunition. I wanted to GIVE - DONATE some 22lr ammo to a man and his son who were trying to sell me popcorn (I did not buy any from them.) and they were in a LOCAL Boy Scout troop. HERE in this Montana college town! They came to my front door and usually I would not even answer the door but I saw the Boy Scout uniform so I did. They did NOT have their troop shoot guns because I asked them.

My older brother's BS troop in NY during WW2 (And later on in MD in the 50's.) shot 22lr rifles. My late Mom was a den mother for his troop. So they got to shoot some rifles, she took them to museums and camping! LOL

Some churches, NOT all of them, WILL take knives in and other 'Collectibles' including some items from estate sales in ALL price ranges and those churches will use the money to help feed the needy on a REGULAR BASIS and even help shelter some people too.

Best wishes to you.

Cate
PS: I have stopped giving to SPECIFIC causes and to some well known groups since some of them got super WOKE (Ugh!) and even turned ANTI GUN. They never used to be POLITICAL but they got that way now or not too long ago. To each their own and if they choose to be that way, my or our money and NICE GOODS will go elsewhere AND to FRIENDS and their children.

ADDED more.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top