JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A dude I worked with, one of the nicest guys I ever met, got smashed against a rock by a sneaker wave and swept out to sea. His body washed ashore a week later. Sad, nature can be a savage bytch.

Almost happened to me and my buddy once while surf perch fishing at midnight near "lost boy cave"... luckily I had his back and prepared him for the wave... i'm pretty sure I screamed "BRACE YOURSELF!" or "HOLD FAST!"... we were soaked, everything except the cigarettes, thank God!

My condolences go out to the loved ones of those two victims. A grim reminder that the ocean is not to be taken lightly and respected always.

Personal Event Years Ago At the Beach ... Rogue Wave ... Sneaker Wave ...

Morro Bay California. This is the beach with the big rock to the South and the power plant smoke stack(s) to the North. Nice crescent shaped beach enjoyed by many. Kinda small as beaches go. Nice sand down to he water. Nice well developed sand dunes to the immediate East. Years ago a HIGH SCHOOL just East of the dunes on the South End!

The Beach can be very dangerous. Stupid loved ones more dangerous. Sneaker waves the most dangerous. :(

Post Edited by HB of CJ

Last Edited:
la-jument-7%25255B6%25255D.jpg

I grew up on the coast and the first thing my dad taught me while fishing the surf or rocks was to never turn my back to the ocean.
That's is a old sane I was told that as a young kid surf fishing in California and even fishing in the Bering sea on a fishing boat every one on deck is always watching each other back rouge Waves are killers .my brother in-law just lost a friend last week in California crab fishing two deck hands got wash off the deck in storm

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top