JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is a question thread. Use the up arrow to the right of good answers to upvote. Answers with more votes appear higher on the list.
Reactions
Can we please implement a policy in the classified section to limit number of ads or at least number of ads on the front page?
Several members consistently have five or more ads all separate, all bumped at the same time, in multiple sections.

Don't get me wrong, I love using the classified sections and don't want to restrict them too much, but it's obnoxious when you bump an ad and a few hour laters it's been pushed all the way down because certain members can't combine ads.

Wouldn't it be possible to say no more than two ads in any section at one time? It would encourage people to combine ads, and remind them to close them when items sell.

Okay off my rant.

I like to see what people have I don't bother me at all .
so we need to change it because one person is a belly acher really .

I cut and pasted this right from this sites rules

Create separate ads for different item types (pistols, rifles, shotguns, ammo, etc)
If you have a pistol and a rifle for sale, create two separate ads, one in the pistol section and one in the rifle section.

Upvote 0
This is an understandable frustration, one which I've tried to solve for quite some time in order to make everyone happy. The big issue is lack of space at the top of the site, as we have to account for a range of devices and resolutions. I'm pretty sure I could pull off splitting discussions and classifieds from a software standpoint. Development on the current version of NWFA has come to an end with the upcoming migration to NWFA V4 but I'll definitely look into it for the new version.

Upvote 0
Wouldn't it be possible to say no more than two ads in any section at one time? It would encourage people to combine ads,
Why because YOU don't approve ?
it does not annoy me at all , in fact I think if I am looking to buy "for example" 308 brass I will scroll for a listing that says 308 brass for sale, I am not going to read every classified that says BRASS for sale because you think a poster should group all his/her stuff in 1 add, to me it just makes sense to list by caliber, rifle or pistol in their own listing,

Wouldn't it be possible to say no more than two ads in any section at one time
and you also want a limit on 2 adds per member max per section Your kidding right ?
many of the ads anymore do not even have a listed price !!

There are many members here and growing everyday and I would bet many do not share your view of wanting to limit the classifieds to YOUR liking

Upvote 0
Sorry I triggered you. I was just trying to start a conversation.

I didn't realize your poor finger hurt after clicking on more than one ad. I suppose I should've taken your frailties into account.

Upvote 0
Just remember it's just not all about you many play here and we are allowed our opinion too, as many above state they do not mind the classifieds the way they are now ,
So I will agree to disagree with you
Good evening to you

Last Edited:
Upvote 0
But not all the answers are easy and obvious. Most times openly talking about things is a positive and leads to just getting better. :)

Upvote 0

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads