JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Welp. Neighbors across the street just got into a fistfight and I got to see how I reacted first hand. Before I knew it I was right on top of the situation and the fight broken up. Good on the woman for putting her man in a rear naked choke though :D. Now there are cops questioning a bunch of people and I guess I'm waiting my turn?

I don't think I would want to be married to a woman who was capable of successfully overpowering me and applying a rear naked choke - woof

I don't think I would want to be married to a woman who was capable of successfully overpowering me and applying a rear naked choke - woof
I want to say she was able to use momentum to her advantage. The male essentially charged her with an NFL tackle and from that point, I couldn't see past their fence. Just heard the sounds of fists hitting flesh. In the 10 seconds it took to cross the street, she had the upper hand. For all I know, she was hitting him but the size difference makes me sceptical

Just based on listening to a police scanner the past few years, domestic violence calls seem to have skyrocketed the past month or so. Used to notice one a night on the weekends. Now it is 3-4 a night, nearly every night.

Did a web search and multiple articles indicate that domestic abuse is way up across the country. Some say upwards of a 70% surge in cases.

Just heard a call to an apartment building in which a male was seen dragging a female out of the apartment and throwing her down some stairs, and a couple of other males appeared and are now beating the bubblegum out of the first male. Four different units are on the way.

Might be a good time to brush up on the laws regarding use of deadly force and consider how you would want to react if thrust into such a situation.

For those in Washington, seems coming to the aid of someone being beaten is justifiable...

RCW 9A.16.050
Homicide—By other person—When justifiable.
Homicide is also justifiable when committed either:
(1) In the lawful defense of the slayer, or his or her husband, wife, parent, child, brother, or sister, or of any other person in his or her presence or company, when there is reasonable ground to apprehend a design on the part of the person slain to commit a felony or to do some great personal injury to the slayer or to any such person, and there is imminent danger of such design being accomplished; or
(2) In the actual resistance of an attempt to commit a felony upon the slayer, in his or her presence, or upon or in a dwelling, or other place of abode, in which he or she is.
[ 2011 c 336 § 354; 1975 1st ex.s. c 260 § 9A.16.050.]

Now, domestic violence calls are the most dangerous for cops, so I would imagine getting involved in such a situation for a good Samaritan must especially be properly weighed and considered.

I was driving on the highway out of Yakima some years ago with my wife and two young children when I saw a Toyota pickup pulled over on the side of the road and a large Hispanic male slapping around a female. I pulled over about 100 yards away and called 911. I had my pistol ready, but didn't get out of the vehicle and didn't get any closer, not with my loved ones in the vehicle.

The man noticed us pulled over and watching him and stopped hitting the woman and threw her into the cab of the pickup and took off. We followed a couple of miles until a state trooper arrived and initiated a stop, then we went on our merry way. Never heard any follow up.

I think we all agree that the smart thing to do in most situations is to MYOB and call 911. But if the aggressor has a deadly weapon, or is inflicting serious injury, I believe most people would want to step in and stop the attack and prevent a possible murder. But if you are carrying and rush in to try and manhandle someone to get them to stop the attack, and then you end up in a physical altercation, it could go South very quickly. Not to mention the person who was the victim, then becomes the aggressor when they see you hurting their domestic partner. Just an ugly situation to thrust yourself into, armed or not.

How about turning OFF your police scanner and, you know, just enjoy life.

I want to say she was able to use momentum to her advantage. The male essentially charged her with an NFL tackle and from that point, I couldn't see past their fence. Just heard the sounds of fists hitting flesh. In the 10 seconds it took to cross the street, she had the upper hand. For all I know, she was hitting him but the size difference makes me sceptical

Interesting, yeah, my comment was mainly in jest. My wife weighs 100-105 pounds less than me on any given day. Neither of us drink and we both have our own things we can enjoy doing if for some reason we're frustrated about something. Beating on the spouse is just dumb - it causes more problems than it solves.

Funny story though, when her and I were going through pre-marital counseling before we got married. We had a pastor and his wife do 8 sessions together with us. It was basically just mental torture and a waste of gas and time. It became rather evident to me early on that for whatever reason they had developed some type of bias against me and our marriage. The nail in the coffin was when they pulled her aside individually on a day scheduled for both of us and asked her if she felt safe in our relationship - mind you, I have treated her better than her own family the whole time I have known her and I have trained her in gun handling from early on. Her dad made some stupid comment one day to the effect he would hurt me if I abused her. I told him straight up, "that's pretty stupid to even think that, if I had any thought to ever abuse her, why would I have made her super confident in shooting guns" he agreed that was a good point, anyway, back to the funny story.

So the pastor and his wife were talking to us about how we would handle conflict. My wife is a spike personality, can shout quickly, I tend to simmer for a long time trying to deescalate before finally saying "f-it" and responding in kind. Overall we don't fight because I find I can weather any initial issues and explain to her the bigger picture and things settle down easily, we're also both just pretty easygoing people, anyway - They asked me how I would handle The wife not following through at home with any responsibilities like dishes, house chores, laundry etc while I was working.

"Well, I would just do them also because I live in the house too, but if she started to get real lazy and not contribute, I would bring it up to her and we'd have to talk about how to get her to contribute and feel motivated to because we're a team and we both need to help out.

"But what if she still just lays around eating bon bons"

"Well, I'd have to ask her what is really going on and if there is anything she's not telling me because it would be really out of character for her since she is a very hard worker"

"But what if she just says she wants to lay on the couch for the rest of her life and have you do all the work"

(We go back and forth like this for few more goes, they basically getting more and more absurd, while ai continue to offer ways to talk to my wife to resolve whatever might be going on, I hypothesize, they were trying to provoke some type of abusive response out of me, ultimately, with a big smile on my face and entirely joking, I said"

"Well, if she isn't responding to all the previous efforts, then I guess I would have to beat her" - and then I broke out into a huge laugh because I found it really funny, my wife was laughing quite a bit too.

They were quite taken aback. I explained to them they asked the same question 8 different ways and if they were trying to get a specific response they should just tell me, but otherwise I was going to stop taken that line of questions seriously, hence my joke.

My wife and I both finished our pre-marital counseling with the opinion that we were very compatible people, something we already knew, we met over E-harmony and I wanted to marry her after the first date-and that we didn't need any advice from those people anymore.

How about turning OFF your police scanner and, you know, just enjoy life.
You must have missed the part where I said it HAS to be on for work for an entire 12-hr shift.

I don't own a scanner, personally.

EDITED TO ADD:

Realized that I didn't actually say I have to listen to a scanner for work in my original post. Oops. Last night there was gunfire reported and police closed down city streets while trying to pinpoint where it came from. It turned out to be an employee of my company legally firing a pistol on his property just outside of city limits. That was put into my log and is exactly why we have to listen to the scanner.

An hour before that SNAFU, a drunk white male was observed walking on his apartment balcony with an AR raised in the air yelling something about the militia. Unclear if he for them or against them.

Last Edited:
Get a stress ball.

infected-stress-ball.gif
giphy.gif

Last Edited:
1) The young girl turned to me and said "bubblegum you" and started running after him saying "wait for me – don't leave me".
I was left shaking my head…"
You're probably lucky she didn't punch you in the face or jump on your back.
2) I realize that the (defunded) police can't be there to save me, therefore I take precautions to save myself. Other ostensibly responsible adults are just as capable of making that decision as I am. If they decide that police protection is OK who am I to disagree? Let the police protect them.
3) There are very few people I love enough to defend with lethal force. This demographic does not include the "general publick."

My policy is to Not Intervene unless I know the whole story.

I was working as a bouncer at a club a few years ago. I saw an old man yelling at a heavy girl and trying to shove her. My boss wanted him thrown out.

...the truth was that he had dropped a 20 on the floor. She was standing on it and wouldn't let him pick it up.

Wow, private dances from fat chicks are up to $20 now? Who knew?

Regarding Domestic Violence, if I were to witness such and it didn't involve family, then just a 911 call. Let the professionals deal with it. I don't need issues like that to deal with, each is responsible for their own protection and self defense.

Yea imagine what it's going to be like in these states that plan to "Defund the Police" and says their solution is to send crisis counselors to these calls instead. I can't see that turning out bad at all....nope.
I know lots of folks have joked about that, but has an official actually suggested that level of stupid? I must have missed it.

I know lots of folks have joked about that, but has an official actually suggested that level of stupid? I must have missed it.
Sadly several Mayors and political leaders have successfully achieved the unheard of Supreme Level Stupidity and began implementing Police budget cuts. These grand plans to solve every racial problem will result in catastrophic death toll in those communities which will in turn be blamed on something Republicans did. I swear I feel like as a nation we are standing by on the sidelines watching everything go down the toilet and no one is doing a damn thing.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top