JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
:D

the-beatings-will-continue.jpeg

I have that bumper sticker on my Exploder... :s0155:

I think it actually says "morale" instead of "attitudes", but same thing

Early on in this lock down I heard from a few different sources from talk radio to people talking about personal stress. It's known but not talked about in the mainstream because that would make them (CNN, governors, Button in Bettys) the bad guys for keeping people locked in.

They play the, we didn't know, card. They like to say, there's facts and there's the truth - Joe Biden. He, like they, don't understand they are supposed to be one and the same. Abuse, suicide, mental issues and more escalated during this shut down.

I was at a bar once and a drunk woman came up and started yelling at a friends wife who was sitting at my table. I stood up and asked her to leave. She cold cocked me on the jaw and I laid her out flat. Does that count as domestic violence?

I was married to a red headed German. Latina's got nothin' on them.

It is interesting that when a third party steps into an altercation, the automatic presumption is that the dude is at fault. One more reason to not step in -- these deep seated prejudices with respect to DV can lead a person to end up defending the initial aggressor and that leaves the 3d party in a really bad place -- your story is an example of that -- if someone stepped in the middle after only seeing your defensive punch, that 3d party would be screwed.

I would stay out of anything I didn't see the start of because you can't know who the initial aggressor was, and almost certainly stay out of anything I did see the start of because as others have said, you'll become the target of the combined rage of both of them most of the time.

Interesting thread, strange topic to discuss. I guess I assume people just kinda know already that DV is a sad completely avoidable thing.

If it gets that heated, walk the hell away. That juice ain't worth the squeeze.

I guess I've led a pretty sheltered life when it comes to DV. My parents were married 60+ years, before my mum died in 2015. Dad is still sad...
Those two were lovebirds ever since the day they met. Although there were some stressful times and cross words were sometimes traded back and forth, I never once saw, nor had any reason to believe, my dad never struck my mom in any way, shape, or form.

Myself, I took that upbringing into all of my relationships, both GFs and my now-ex-wife. Never once have I raised a hand in anger against a SO.
I just don't understand those that do. Having some self-control is a wondrous thing...

Last Edited:
Having been "involved" at one time with a real "psychobubblegumfromhell" and the victim of physical abuse by her......(deep breath & exhale).......

IMHO, the model about NEVER hitting a woman is outdated, most probably incorrect or just plain wrong.

I blame Clinton and his "Violence Against Women Act" for the increase of the "Abuse of Men Culture" by some women. Rrrrright.....just looking at the title already assumes the innocence of women at the expense/assumed guilt of men.

Like saying, "Black Lives Matter"" instead of saying, "All Lives Matter."

Aloha, Mark

It is interesting that when a third party steps into an altercation, the automatic presumption is that the dude is at fault. One more reason to not step in -- these deep seated prejudices with respect to DV can lead a person to end up defending the initial aggressor and that leaves the 3d party in a really bad place -- your story is an example of that -- if someone stepped in the middle after only seeing your defensive punch, that 3d party would be screwed.

I would stay out of anything I didn't see the start of because you can't know who the initial aggressor was, and almost certainly stay out of anything I did see the start of because as others have said, you'll become the target of the combined rage of both of them most of the time.

IF? Haha. I had two guys holding me left and right. One guy behind me holding me and one running at me from the front. I head butted the guy in back of me and broke his nose and the guy in front got a boot heel to the jaw. Bouncer grabs me and threw me out. I had just come from a wedding and was wearing a suit and tie. Ripped the suit in pieces during the melee and my back was covered with some dudes blood. Found drunk girl outside who immediately apologized It was her Bachelorette Party and she was getting married in two days to some Poor Bastard . Same bar Tanya Harding threw my own beer on me. Good old Kelso in my 20's.

Last Edited:
there was a lengthy post recently about red flag laws in Oklahoma. The post was almost entirely focused on pro-2A protections vs any discussion on the 'why' for DV or any solutions on addressing the issue. I feel the 2A community needs to proactively address the DV correlation w/ firearms, or we risk blanket red flag laws being used to roll back 2A rights across the board.

Having been "involved" at one time with a real "psychobubblegumfromhell" and the victim of physical abuse by her......(deep breath & exhale).......

IMHO, the model about NEVER hitting a woman is outdated, most probably incorrect or just plain wrong.

I've also had the experience with a psychobubblegumfromhell in my 20s and being indoctrinated into the "never hit women" mindset, it sort of left me defenseless. Leaving was such a relief.

As to the second part though, perhaps the better formulation is that people should just not be violent with their partners. But like the "never hit a woman" cultural indoctrination, it seems that women are trained that it is OK for them to be violent, any dude who would complain about it is a pussy, and a violent woman is merely amusing. I think that needs to change.

Anyway, this was an interesting experiment on public domestic violence in which we see the different ways abusers are treated based on the abuser's sex:

I heard a fact the other day that for every 1% jump in unemployment there's a 30,000 people die.
From various causes, murder, suicide, drugs, alcohol, DV, etc.

Were at a 15% rise in the last 2 months.

Look for those huge added "covid" deaths

I see the original question was what is my plan to deal with someone elses domestic violence issues. Minding my own business works pretty well. I'll keep doing that.

1) I just looked in Dictionary.com and decarceral is not a word.
2) I must be lucky - I enjoy ny wife's company.
3) The Dems will use increased suicides to blame "easy availability of guns" rather than depression brought on by the destruction of the economy.
They want the productive to self-eliminate.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads