JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
First - Get out more. Cabin fever causes problems.

Second - Mind your own business.

Or, go ahead, stick your nose in to find the one you thought was the victim...turns out to be the perp you were helping...

Even then you could wind up with both of them 'against' you.
There are cases of 'domestic violence' where the altercation is a bizzare, psychotic 'interaction' by the couple. While seemingly violent it may not be one sided with both equally involved.

While I agree...That was not the case in my post which you quoted.
Andy

Kind of obvious from your post.
While I wasn't there, betcha the guy is coming toward you thinking, "wall hanger", until he gets to the point where he should have seen the whites in your eyes, but there wasn't any.

Given my firearm likes....one would think so
It was an older rifle for sure...but not that old... a 1947 dated Marlin 36 in .30-30 was used that day.
My daughter has that Marlin now....:D
Andy

Nope, but that's what the portable chipper/shredder is for.... ;):D
Whuh??? You talkin' ta me?
Fargo_chipper.jpg

Last Edited:
Well this post is a real downer
Yes sometimes it is. Things like this are why when I get the call for Jury duty I go. I HATE it worse than a good case of the trot's but I keep telling myself I may end up on a case where some good guy, did the right thing, and is now being hit for doing it. If I end up on his jury I can try to convince the other 11 he was right. Failing that I can make sure he gets another shot are trial because I am not going to vote to hang him.

Deleted my post that folks just seem to want to add their two cents ....
One.. y'all weren't there....
Two....y'all ain't telling me anything I ain't already thought of....or what I had already talked about in the post.
Three..Don't quote me anymore...'cause I won't reply.
Andy

Last Edited:
Andy,

I Only quoted the 'be careful' part of your post.

I did NOT debate, argue or question the authenticity of your encounter - and I don't think anyone else was either.

Ed

Last Edited:
Just based on listening to a police scanner the past few years, domestic violence calls seem to have skyrocketed the past month or so. Used to notice one a night on the weekends. Now it is 3-4 a night, nearly every night.

Did a web search and multiple articles indicate that domestic abuse is way up across the country. Some say upwards of a 70% surge in cases.

Just heard a call to an apartment building in which a male was seen dragging a female out of the apartment and throwing her down some stairs, and a couple of other males appeared and are now beating the bubblegum out of the first male. Four different units are on the way.

Might be a good time to brush up on the laws regarding use of deadly force and consider how you would want to react if thrust into such a situation.

For those in Washington, seems coming to the aid of someone being beaten is justifiable...

RCW 9A.16.050
Homicide—By other person—When justifiable.

Homicide is also justifiable when committed either:
(1) In the lawful defense of the slayer, or his or her husband, wife, parent, child, brother, or sister, or of any other person in his or her presence or company, when there is reasonable ground to apprehend a design on the part of the person slain to commit a felony or to do some great personal injury to the slayer or to any such person, and there is imminent danger of such design being accomplished; or
(2) In the actual resistance of an attempt to commit a felony upon the slayer, in his or her presence, or upon or in a dwelling, or other place of abode, in which he or she is.
[ 2011 c 336 § 354; 1975 1st ex.s. c 260 § 9A.16.050.]

Now, domestic violence calls are the most dangerous for cops, so I would imagine getting involved in such a situation for a good Samaritan must especially be properly weighed and considered.

I was driving on the highway out of Yakima some years ago with my wife and two young children when I saw a Toyota pickup pulled over on the side of the road and a large Hispanic male slapping around a female. I pulled over about 100 yards away and called 911. I had my pistol ready, but didn't get out of the vehicle and didn't get any closer, not with my loved ones in the vehicle.

The man noticed us pulled over and watching him and stopped hitting the woman and threw her into the cab of the pickup and took off. We followed a couple of miles until a state trooper arrived and initiated a stop, then we went on our merry way. Never heard any follow up.

I think we all agree that the smart thing to do in most situations is to MYOB and call 911. But if the aggressor has a deadly weapon, or is inflicting serious injury, I believe most people would want to step in and stop the attack and prevent a possible murder. But if you are carrying and rush in to try and manhandle someone to get them to stop the attack, and then you end up in a physical altercation, it could go South very quickly. Not to mention the person who was the victim, then becomes the aggressor when they see you hurting their domestic partner. Just an ugly situation to thrust yourself into, armed or not.
I've also seen that suicides have skyrocketed. I saw one report, from L.A. I believe, that they have seen a years worth of suicides in one month.

Word on the 'street' is suicides in Bend are so common they are not reported anymore.
Sounds about right unfortunately. I am guessing in a few weeks the funny smell calls in houses will become pretty common. I have had someone recently dechamber a round after dropping the magazine while I was talking to them, and then there was the 911 call I made, and the officer who was talking to me while the door was kicked in...

That one went in the win column, as he survived and sought help. I hear from a local suicide prevention lifeline that the numbers are well more than double the previous years.

My suicide calls I have been handling have been way up. So far, nobody has offed themselves while I am on the line

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top